CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

xOjHrB5.jpg

47 million people just got access to the first taste of FPS Halo in over a decade. See you guys at the top. 

With only 9 million Halo enthusiasts in the entire world this seems like a useless stat.

• Toxic (+1) 3

Reach on PC?  Holy shit.  I'm literally selling my XB1 now (stopped playing H5 a couple months ago...)

• Fire (+1) 2

since Halo Reach dropping first on PC, let me introduce you to my fav reach montage

Curious to see what Reach Forge maps look like in 1080p/4k. I expect they won't look quite as bland as they did on the 360. Judging by how Halo 3 looks on the MCC now, Reach should really hold up well for the most part. 

• Like (+1) 2

Give me a goddamn Spectator mode with an actual in game progression leveling system and leader boards for ranked.  

Exciting news about PC Halo! Hopefully some new faces find their way towards here!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FLuFFy said:

Exciting news about PC Halo! Hopefully some new faces find their way towards here!

Yep, and a whole bunch of old faces too I imagine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FLuFFy said:

i can only hope. it would be nice seeing more excitement and discussion around halo and halo esports

• Like (+1) 1

Activision doing their best to save halo... In all seriousness though with this news along side MCC PC, later this year comp halo could take off. $25 mil for a league spot in a game you dont even know is going to be good or not does not seem like a good business move to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Llamaas said:

Activision doing their best to save halo... In all seriousness though with this news along side MCC PC, later this year comp halo could take off. $25 mil for a league spot in a game you dont even know is going to be good or not does not seem like a good business move to me.

yeah this model made more sense for OWL as a newer scene that had not really established itself outside of apex. this makes no sense for CoD as a very established scene with strong brands/rivalries, a love for rostermania, and rotating game devs who have a history of some shitty products. this is going to destroy everything MLG fostered since cod4. what a way to try and kill a scene built on open tourneys and rising AMs. it'll be like esl's pro league shutting out the open event history of halo, but worse. a cod franchise is not worth 2x the amount to get into league or the initial amount to get into OWL

17 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

yeah this model made more sense for OWL as a newer scene that had not really established itself outside of apex. this makes no sense for CoD as a very established scene with strong brands/rivalries, a love for rostermania, and rotating game devs who have a history of some shitty products. this is going to destroy everything MLG fostered since cod4. what a way to try and kill a scene built on open tourneys and rising AMs. it'll be like esl's pro league shutting out the open event history of halo, but worse. a cod franchise is not worth 2x the amount to get into league or the initial amount to get into OWL

Ehhh

Didn't make a lot of sense for OW either. They also intentionally killed the AM scene in the process.

1 hour ago, Llamaas said:

There's a chance they just flush everything positive about their scene. $25mil ffs...

• Like (+1) 1

So Im sitting here, stroking my little boi beard.......and.....I don't know where this will go? Will there be cross platform? How will the HCS be played moving forward, because I'm telling you right now. We're about to have an influx of a new breed of Halo players coming in. This is possibly the weirdest position for players like ola, snipedown, lethul, all the "console" pros. Very mixed feelings rn

Predictions:

1. Tox

2. Rec

3. GMS

4. SQ

5. Denial

6. Lux

Team Snipedown > Lethul

MCC Reach on PC date announced

esports exploded in 2011-2013 and we were stuck with the worst two games of the series after being near the top. 

1 hour ago, Humpflung said:

So Im sitting here, stroking my little boi beard.......and.....I don't know where this will go? Will there be cross platform? How will the HCS be played moving forward, because I'm telling you right now. We're about to have an influx of a new breed of Halo players coming in. This is possibly the weirdest position for players like ola, snipedown, lethul, all the "console" pros. Very mixed feelings rn

Got excited you were talking about me for a split second. Denied. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Humpflung said:

1 hour ago, PaulSmenis said:

Got excited you were talking about me for a split second. Denied. 

Related image

• Upvote (+1) 2

i've heard a lot of bad ideas in my life, but an OWL-style format for CoD might actually be the worst 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Llamaas said:

My first thought when I read the price tag was "Thank God I'm a Halo fan first and foremost".

I have no idea how they justify that price tag. The only time most COD streams break 40k is when Optic is playing or during Grand Finals. Hell, I'm pretty sure 25 million is more than the combined prize money for every major Call of Duty tournament ever. And the whole city based vs team based concept is just bad. You're blowing up the entire scene's history with that move.