CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Looks like quite a few beyond members are gonna make it to the event :) this makes me happy.

BEYOND PHOTO

• Upvote (+1) 4

Pit slayer is my favorite game 5/11s and are the most crazy heart pounding games to watch in Halo 3, change my mind. danAlso got a pass, hotel and flight. This event sounds lit. See you all there

I fast forwarded through all the Pit TS games at Dreamhack. Shit is so boring to watch, same goes for Lockout TS in H2A. I get it's exciting to play because every single move counts but that shit is borderline unwatchable.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Question: when upgrading to an X do you guys recommend network transfer, or using a. External hdd?

External drive is usually the way to go, but it also kinda depends on your internet.  If you're rocking 1gb/1gb but trying to use an old ass HDD, then internet.  If you've got a SSD then that's pretty much gonna be any network transfer. 

I fast forwarded through all the Pit TS games at Dreamhack. Shit is so boring to watch, same goes for Lockout TS in H2A. I get it's exciting to play because every single move counts but that shit is borderline unwatchable.

We live in 2 different worlds my friend 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Looks like quite a few beyond members are gonna make it to the event :) this makes me happy.

BEYOND PHOTO

St louis TB meet up thread?

Dreamhack Pit TS was only 2v2 though. It plays very different to 4v4 which is what UGC will be.

This was STUPID. 3 really difficult shots.. get this man some really good teammates.

The clip that keeps giving. I fully expected him to hit that killtac.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Howdy folks, what do I have to look forward to? Have been kind of apathetic about Halo. 

Howdy folks, what do I have to look forward to? Have been kind of apathetic about Halo.

Right now we are looking at the larget halo event in years for the ugc h3 4v4. They had to raise the team cap ffrom 32 to 64 to 96 now to 128. Its almost sold out. Hcs is on hold till infinite and all events will be run through the grassroots program. TOs accepted will receive some prizing and additional support from 343 but will be able to run it on their own. Oh roy is back and will be teaming with flamesword. A lot of old pros are showing interest in competeing

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

UGC St Louis, a H3 4v4 event with 126-127 out of 128 sold team passes. Roy, Lunch, Flamesword, Maniac, Fearitself, Neighbor, Best Man, etc. all returning to play.

UGC St Louis, a H3 4v4 event with 126-127 out of 128 sold team passes. Roy, Lunch, Flamesword, Maniac, Fearitself, Neighbor, Best Man, etc. all returning to play.

Is it confirmed that Fear is going?

Is it confirmed that Fear is going?

Yes, he has said he's a to2 on twitter IIRC, & he was in Roy's stream asking about Roy's team(and was as coy as Roy when asked about his own team). Dude loves H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right now we are looking at the larget halo event in years for the ugc h3 4v4. They had to raise the team cap ffrom 32 to 64 to 96 now to 128. Its almost sold out. Hcs is on hold till infinite and all events will be run through the grassroots program. TOs accepted will receive some prizing and additional support from 343 but will be able to run it on their own. Oh roy is back and will be teaming with flamesword. A lot of old pros are showing interest in competeing

Alright, thanks will tune in. 

The settings were always what the players wanted. Killa KC along with all the forgers made shit happen. The very first Reach event was no sprint and after enough demand we were given no bloom.

I would love for us to decide once more in H6.

I do not believe universal settings are necessary or even desirable per-se, but the next Halo game really needs to be in a place where the only real settings changes that need to be made for the competitive ruleset would be to turn radar off and maybe remove extra weapons from the maps.  I think that power weapon/power up placement, timing, starting weapons, starting speed etc should all be the same.  If those characteristics can't be shared between the competitive and casual settings, that points to a much larger issue with the core game imo.

Question: when upgrading to an X do you guys recommend network transfer, or using a. External hdd?

External drive is usually the way to go, but it also kinda depends on your internet.  If you're rocking 1gb/1gb but trying to use an old ass HDD, then internet.  If you've got a SSD then that's pretty much gonna be any network transfer. 

Network Transfer takes place on your local LAN, not over the internet so either way will really work fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think we all have but H3 is pretty dope

Yes, he has said he's a to2 on twitter IIRC, & he was in Roy's stream asking about Roy's team(and was as coy as Roy when asked about his own team). Dude loves H3.

gotcha. Just havent seen him play anything but fortnite

Monthly checkin for the Microsoft store tournaments. We had seven teams total, and at least six people were new to our group but a couple of them were actually around back in the Halo 3 days. First time in a long time that we had an interesting grand finals, it included four players who stopped actively playing Halo after Reach, and the team from loser's bracket came back to win it.

My team didn't see much success, we got eliminated immediately after a round one bye. I played alright but my teammate struggled quite a bit. We initially lost to the team who placed third, then lost to the team who placed first in loser's bracket right after.

Still hoping to hear an announcement for more Microsoft store tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 3