CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, El Vortex said:

I can (only) really hope that this port is everything PC fans deserve, it's been a long time since a proper Halo has touched PC.

Plot twist: MCC release on Xbox was actually just a 5 year beta test 

• Simms (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

3 Years Alpha, 2 year Beta tbh. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

if that fucking means the PC port will be flawless, I will take that hit. Everyday. :salt:

• Like (+1) 1

So with MCC for PC looking like a pretty likely thing tomorrow and Infinite confirmed for pc what is the general consensus for what platform future events should be held on?

34 minutes ago, infraction said:

So with MCC for PC looking like a pretty likely thing tomorrow and Infinite confirmed for pc what is the general consensus for what platform future events should be held on?

It's too early to call.  I would say console though, at least in the short term.  There is no guarantee the game will even take off on PC, while it already at least has an established console base.  Plus there would need to be time to optimize the competitive settings for the differences that PC brings anyways.

Dividing the scene or forcing them into unfamiliar territory would not be a good idea at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

It's too early to call.  I would say console though, at least in the short term.  There is no guarantee the game will even take off on PC, while it already at least has an established console base.  Plus there would need to be time to optimize the competitive settings for the differences that PC brings anyways.

Dividing the scene or forcing them into unfamiliar territory would not be a good idea at this point.

I think PC is the way to go to be honest. It's not like Halo has any viewership to lose atm, so maybe PC HCS would rejuvenate it. 

1 hour ago, Hxrshly said:

It's going to be on Xbox regardless of your preference

I figure this to be the likely scenario too. People want to see PC because they think suddenly Halo is going to explode and take over as an FPS competitive game on the platform. I'm sure it will have a solid fanbase, but M$ still needs to sell Xbox's and their crossplay between Xbox and Windows 10 users is an incentive for Xbox players. Halo is still (somehow) the flagship Xbox game and is a unit mover, and despite the explosion of Fortnite, parents still (in my opinion) are more likely to get their young children consoles than to buy them or build them a PC. 

Then again, there might be two divisions of the scene and M$ would cater to both, but I don't see that being likely. Hopefully it has mod support on PC. I truly think Halo can be a dynamic game on PC, and there are great modders out there and it can certainly help the longevity of a game.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

Why do you feel the settings would need to change for pc? Playing the mlg settings for h3 on halo online they felt incredibly good. Don't see what playing on pc would do that warrants changing the settings in any way 

58 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Hopefully they're not alluding to UGC being the primary TO for Infinite :/

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

I'm not reading too much into it... I think it's just a meme.  MAYBE something with PC if we wanna get all stupid with speculation but I think they just thought it was a funny post. 

1 hour ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

My dad works for Bungie and he said UGC is legit and will do a really good job running Halo: Infinite in 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

It’s tweeted by UGC not any actual Halo twitters and either way MLG should be the main TO for infinite none of these amateur hour TO’s even comes close to matching them.

Am I the only one who's more hyped for Reach than the fact that it's coming to PC?  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't there supposed to be a roster announcement for some show match or something

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a roster announcement for some show match or something

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

xOjHrB5.jpg

47 million people just got access to the first taste of FPS Halo in over a decade. See you guys at the top. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1