CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

21 hours ago, MUSE_iC said:

Snipedown just rage quit during scrims lol. Online in this game is frustrating.

While online in this game IS very frustrating, he was extra frustrated yesterday because his controller was malfunctioning (jump button was broken) as well :D

Was dope watching the h2 tournament on sunday. Hopefully more people come back cuz of it. And hopefully it gets 343 to fix h2 some more too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Occasionally I think that we're getting close to Sonic Fandom levels of sadness 

But then this happens

And I feel a bit better

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

Occasionally I think that we're getting close to Sonic Fandom levels of sadness 

But then this happens

I'm pretty sure no one in the Sonic Fandom wants or will like this movie. Also, with how long the Halo TV show has been in development with seemingly no progress, it might be just as  sad.

IGN confirmed Infinite at E3. Haven’t really been plugged in, sorry if late.

• Like (+1) 1

s2Yiofi.jpg

Brad Sams (Same guy that correctly leaked the Xbox One S All Digital Edition that got backed up by windowscentral today) is also saying that MCC on PC is coming and that its really close to release.

MCC will be on Inside Xbox on the 12th March, and we also have the special announcement regarding MCC at SXSW in a week or so.

My guess? MCC for PC at Inside Xbox, play anywhere title. SXSW will announce an MCC PC Circuit. 

• Fire (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

23 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

YES!  They've finally changed the Team Arena playlists to the competitive settings.  I know @TheSimmswill be as excited as I am about it. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-update---march-6-ish/1a2d3737-a6b8-4b2c-b511-f5b6e6e0f64f/posts

Smiley face.

Except they're not replacing H3 Team Arena, which is god awful. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

13 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

My guess? MCC for PC at Inside Xbox, play anywhere title. SXSW will announce an MCC PC Circuit. 

If the events currently are running on bare bone grassroots support (prize pool only), then i very very highly doubt there's any official HCS circuits coming until infinite.

28 minutes ago, TheSimms said:

If the events currently are running on bare bone grassroots support (prize pool only), then i very very highly doubt there's any official HCS circuits coming until infinite.

Was going to say something similar. I don't think they'd announce a circuit for a game as yet unreleased and unplayed. It's going to be hard to pull players to MCC I think on PC, initially. You'll have people like summit who will play and stream it, but Apex and Fortnite are still so dominant, it'll be tough to get going with MCC, which doesn't have a battle royale mode. I only mention this because it seems to be the dominant trend as it's a great spectator game mode. I think MCC on PC is going to be fantastic, in that it finally is happening and the shitty PC ports the game contains will actually be back on their native system so they'll play a little better. 

Cool to see H2 and H2A Hardcore back.

The CE Action Sack modes are disappointing though. Team Reign was supposed to be 1 Ball Reverse Tag where ‘It’ does extra damage. Now it’s just the same stupid 2 Ball to 5 minutes that they’ve been using on Dammy. I’m less than enthused. Also Rat Race is a terrible map for that mode. Just camp top tunnel portal with your whole team.

Rocketball was supposed to be Rocket Hill, and have extra health so you could rocket jump up on top of the bases on Creek, and needed a direct hit for a OSK. That was actually fun. This sounds lame.

Im also irritated that instead of fixing Dammy reverse tag to play to either 1 Ball to 5min or 2 Ball to 10min, they just took this once tournament gametype and shoved it in Action Sack without fixing shit. Enjoy your 4 minute games, everyone. These people have learned nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Smiley face.

Except they're not replacing H3 Team Arena, which is god awful. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Hardcore already exists for H3 though, so it's not like you can't avoid it to get an H3 fix. I've long thought that all ranked playlists should be HC/Comp settings b/c people who prefer closer to default settings also probably prefer the easy wins found in social, but if H3 arena and HC can live side-by-side then I can live with both coexisting. 

8 hours ago, Scuzzy said:

Was going to say something similar. I don't think they'd announce a circuit for a game as yet unreleased and unplayed. It's going to be hard to pull players to MCC I think on PC, initially. You'll have people like summit who will play and stream it, but Apex and Fortnite are still so dominant, it'll be tough to get going with MCC, which doesn't have a battle royale mode. I only mention this because it seems to be the dominant trend as it's a great spectator game mode. I think MCC on PC is going to be fantastic, in that it finally is happening and the shitty PC ports the game contains will actually be back on their native system so they'll play a little better. 

Summit, Shroud, DrDisrespect, hell, even Ninja would probably hop onto MCC if it released on PC. They'd all stream the fuck out of an official PC release. There will be no shortage of twitch viewership and I can very easily see MCC PC shooting to number #1 on Twitch for a week or so, especially if it functions well. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, II AdamanT II said:

Hardcore already exists for H3 though.

That's more so my point. It already exists, we don't need a ranked social playlist with all the shit that was never in ranked, comp play.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

Have they announced the talent lineup for the next event yet? Really hoping that @TheSimms will be casting at this one.

Didn't get asked this time i'm afraid, will be sadly watching another event from home.

1 hour ago, II AdamanT II said:

That's it as far as I know as per the last HCS tweet about talent ''Rounding out the talent line-up at the #HCS Invitational''

• Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

14 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Summit, Shroud, DrDisrespect, hell, even Ninja would probably hop onto MCC if it released on PC. They'd all stream the fuck out of an official PC release. There will be no shortage of twitch viewership and I can very easily see MCC PC shooting to number #1 on Twitch for a week or so, especially if it functions well. 

Halo being a nostalgic game for a number of the largest streamers on twitch could help save the franchise from obscurity in the future. Microsoft can't afford any more mistakes though. 

15 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Didn't get asked this time i'm afraid, will be sadly watching another event from home.

That's it as far as I know as per the last HCS tweet about talent ''Rounding out the talent line-up at the #HCS Invitational''

:simms:Casting too much PUBG, didn't Ninja teach us anything? :simms:

For real tho that is genuinely sad news to hear :mj:

17 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I think you're absolutely right about them hopping on, at least for sure with summit and Doc and Ninja. I'm not too sure about shroud, but he's an FPS lord so I'm sure he'd play. I'm still unsure of how much it would be streamed because of the popularity of Apex right now and overall the popularity of Battle Royale games. 

3 hours ago, NAK said:

Halo being a nostalgic game for a number of the largest streamers on twitch could help save the franchise from obscurity in the future. Microsoft can't afford any more mistakes though. 

Definitely agree here, but I'm still skeptical if 343 could pull something off like this without screwing it up.

Got more ranked h2 games last night than i did in the last 4 months

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2