FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Trespa5s said:

Surely they aren't putting two years of competitive eggs into the basket of a 11+ year old game, right?

Why wouldn't they, it's literally the most popular Halo game to exist. Problem is, everyone is starting to get very aware of the bloodshots and random factors in the utility. Only other thing they could do is have Reach be a part of the MCC and have another option of revenue through Grassroots. I mean, v7 is clearly the better competitive 4v4 Halo of the two, but it doesn't have that tantalizing luscious dick suck feeling you get from nostalgia.

• Like (+1) 6

27 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Why wouldn't they, it's literally the most popular Halo game to exist. Problem is, everyone is starting to get very aware of the bloodshots and random factors in the utility. Only other thing they could do is have Reach be a part of the MCC and have another option of revenue through Grassroots. I mean, v7 is clearly the better competitive 4v4 Halo of the two, but it doesn't have that tantalizing luscious dick suck feeling you get from nostalgia.

Reach v7 was underrated tbh.

• Like (+1) 8

I think you guys forget how fucking ugly Reach forge maps were. Reach aged so bad. I woudlnt watch it a minute. Any Halo looks better than Reach forge.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

I think you guys forget how fucking ugly Reach forge maps were. Reach aged so bad. I woudlnt watch it a minute. Any Halo looks better than Reach forge.

LOOK MATE EVEN GREY LOOKS GOOD IN 4K.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

If we run v7 back, we need to address Penance TS before we run a tournament. Go back and watch Columbus 2012. That gametype was broken. Either replace it or edit it, I don’t care, but please no more 15 minute standoffs.

Making camo respawn every 60s instead of 120s would help a lot.

You know with Infinite being on PC and all I really hope 343 lets us have a full blown map editor ala H1 PC.

Like if we get that there’s no reason for forge to even exist anymore and we don’t have to rely on 343’s dev maps if we can make our own that look just as good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, FrankTheShow said:

Only the Halo community could find a reason to bitch about a Halo 3 top ten casted by Puckett in 2019. 

I like my man Puckett. I just wish the content was better.

Just now, Joseph said:

I like Ice Princess.

You're too sweet.

5 hours ago, FrankieFourShot said:

2uo00w.jpg

Lowkey, I love each and every one of these memes, lmao.

• Like (+1) 1

I can not check this thread for a few days and every time I come back it's like I'm reading the same page. Massive deja vu.

off topic but I got a chance to LAN at dmaq's this past weekend. Set up was a fail for Friday night but we had a great day Saturday. Got to play some 4's in CE against strange purple, pray4u, xXx, Ghost and others. Playing 4's against people who competed back in the day is interesting. The game feels like a complete cluster fuck to me, watching dug play them shows there is massive gap in 4's mentality.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Just now, Teapot said:

I can not check this thread for a few days and every time I come back it's like I'm reading the same page. Massive deja vu.

off topic but I got a chance to LAN at dmaq's this past weekend. Set up was a fail for Friday night but we had a great day Saturday. Got to play some 4's in CE against strange purple, pray4u, xXx, Ghost and others. Playing 4's against people who competed back in the day is interesting. The game feels like a complete cluster fuck to me, watching dug play them shows there is massive gap in 4's mentality.

Would you say it's a true 4v4 experience or more of a 2and2vs2and2? 

56 minutes ago, Teapot said:

Did you guys stick to MLG settings from back in the day or did you change any of it up?

Was there anything crazy any of those players did in a 4v4 environment that you hadn't thought of or seen before?

4V4 H1 was always the weirdest to me in that it feels like it shouldn't work, or should just be played for laughs. Most LANs stick to 2v2 but I know Hard Way always vouches for 4v4. It's interesting to me that a lot of those guys wanted to play 4v4 as well.

@Teapot from every gameplay i watched of 4s in h1 - the best players would post up and only move if they ran out of ammo. they wouldn't go for a powerup or power weapon - they'd just bait it and wait for a teammate to make the move. also, sitting on nade respawn for an entire game wasn't uncommon 

2v2 is just better. it's as simple as that. 4v4 in CE is still good. Heck 4v4 in CE is still better than h3 onslaught ctf and amp TS

I don't agree with knighty though. Well, if you're on fire, you're on fire so you might just keep yourself in a position that will give you the most gunfights. It just depends on the map. Saying they don't move is just over simplifying it, but there is a lot less movement than in dubs; obviously, there's more people in the way! Rockets on chilly, powerups and weps on zero hour, camo/os on derelict are fought over every time. Though u might just let them get the camo on hang em and dammy and not sacrifice top blue or top green control for slayer. obj plays similar to all the other halos. you get into position then you wait for your teammates to be in position, push, then spawn kill and hope for a cap. for hill, you try to break setups on hill or maintain em. camo is super powerful for hill. 

I heard about this lan in the chat. I thought this was a flashback. lmao that was recent? So basically someone told dmaq they would get all the shit needed to lan if he host. Then this same person bailed 1 week prior and said he'd still have all the stuff ready to go. Then just straight ghosted. so they had 1 station ready to go first day with like 18 people apparently

@FrankTheShow halo ce 4v4 is not a 2v2v2v2. You follow what the person in the best position is doing and when he dies you play around the next guy in the best position. If one guy is holding top blue on hang em, making sure no1 is flanking, watching the powerups and looking for spawns, then you want to be putting shots into people. if that guy dies, one person is going to rotate to his position. You might send one guy down to camo. But the general meta for most maps is you want one or two guys holding the best positions so you spawn on them so you don't get spawn killed / in the best position to get more kills. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Chogun Rua said:

Off topic but Frosty vs Huke is about to happen in Cod Pro League 

Still off topic but Frosty. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1