CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

This made me irrationally angry and it wasn't even me playing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

16 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea quitting after one little thing is dope. Ruining the game for the rest of your team is dope. We should all quit more when someone makes a play we don't agree with it would make the game much better for everyone. 

8 hours ago, Mow said:

To be completely fair if you're not calling out you can't really complain about teammates, people aren't psychic, even the best players get caught up in the heat of battle.

I wish they would implement a feature to tell you visually and audibly where the flag was and if someone dropped it. That would be really handy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 7
  • Toxic (+1) 1

4 hours ago, valaea said:

OH YES BITCHES

Oh, hey, that number one clip seems familiar. Oh. Yeah. It's that alt clip against kids who aren't rank 10, lol. Number one, lol. Anythiiiiiiiing flies now. Especially my stats. On an alt.

• Toxic (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 9

13 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea cuz none of yall have made awful plays that were completely obvious to other people on your team lmao. Guess we should all quit when one guy makes a bad play. 

And people have quit out on it and i felt it was justified lol. 

5 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Oh, hey, that number one clip seems familiar. Oh. Yeah. It's that alt clip against kids who aren't rank 10, lol. Number one, lol. Anythiiiiiiiing flies now. Especially my stats. On an alt.

U must be new to pucket top 10s. There were hundreds of duck hunt clips back in the day and that clip was still better than all of em. Despite u thinking the sniper is super easy, these clips almosy never happen. 

• Like (+1) 2

the funniest part is that we literally already had this discussion. 

despite all the players on smurfs in the entire history of H3, from 2007-2010 to the MCC version, no one has gotten higher than a jaro in an MLG/hardcore playlist.  there have been a number of close calls -- e.g., Fearitself was 0.5 seconds away from an MLG killionaire in 2009 on Amp TS, he had an overkill + trocity immediately after each other -- but no one in the history of H3 has managed this, so I'd say that it's impressive.  despite all the montage kids, all the pros playing against 'bad 50s' in the old MLG playlist, all the smurfing, an MLG killtastrophe has never happened before Eli's clip.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't agree with that justification of quitting before a game has ended, just bad sportsmanship, nor do I agree with downplaying the clips in the Top 10. 

It's fine to not agree with either side, but trying to justify quitting because players with poor self-control did it and mocking the clips and saying they lack merit are both equally asinine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 2/24/2019 at 8:57 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea quitting after one little thing is dope. Ruining the game for the rest of your team is dope. We should all quit more when someone makes a play we don't agree with it would make the game much better for everyone. 

BRO HE WALKED RIGHT PASSED IT. It was literally right in there 2 feet behind him. If you read the twitter comments some guy says he constantly betrays people and his tag is BAN. I wouldn't be surprised if that was just plain stating.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FireAtWill said:

auiWHu2.jpg

Put the Photoshop down grandpa and go take your arthritis pills 

3 hours ago, Hxrshly said:

If you think a clip has to be against top players to be impressive then you don't deserve respect and should be quiet.

Yea real sick line of thinking homie. Having a different opinion means people don't deserve respect. Holy shit. 

3 hours ago, Exidrion said:

BRO HE WALKED RIGHT PASSED IT. It was literally right in there 2 feet behind him. If you read the twitter comments some guy says he constantly betrays people and his tag is BAN. I wouldn't be surprised if that was just plain stating.

Yea but I'm sure he didn't know that in the moment. And are we really gonna complain about people statting and use that as a justification to quit now? The amount of times ive seen pros/ams avoid all obj just because they want to "shoot their guns" is insane. I mean I've watched Royal 2 a ton over the years as he's one if my favorite players and that's something he does all the time. But when a game is still close and you have 2 other teammates that have done nothing wrong you're just being a dick. I know it was meant to be funny and shit but we all know how annoying it is to have a teammate quit out of a close ranked game. 

• Simms (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hxrshly said:

If you think a clip has to be against top players to be impressive then you don't deserve respect and should be quiet.

What makes a clip, a clip to you?

5 hours ago, Riddler said:

U must be new to pucket top 10s. There were hundreds of duck hunt clips back in the day and that clip was still better than all of em. Despite u thinking the sniper is super easy, these clips almosy never happen. 

See below.

3 hours ago, valaea said:

the funniest part is that we literally already had this discussion. despite all the players on smurfs in the entire history of H3, from 2007-2010 to the MCC version, no one has gotten higher than a jaro in an MLG/hardcore playlist.  there have been a number of close calls -- e.g., Fearitself was 0.5 seconds away from an MLG killionaire in 2009 on Amp TS, he had an overkill + trocity immediately after each other -- but no one in the history of H3 has managed this, so I'd say that it's impressive.  despite all the montage kids, all the pros playing against 'bad 50s' in the old MLG playlist, all the smurfing, an MLG killtastrophe has never happened before Eli's clip.

So what if it hasn't happened before? Does the fact it HAS happened now justify celebrating it at face value when it's still someone alting on MCC, against people who obviously aren't good? I literally ran down these players last time, lol. Which is mostly why I'm bringing it up again this time. The two people who fed into this the most were legitimate sub-10 players who ran forward, challenged a sniper with Halo 3's BR of all things, and went up lift for some extraordinary reason. This clip was fed by bad plays, bad players, and circumstance on an alt. 

The fact this clip had to happen while doing all this shit is kinda a testament as to why it feels so bullshit, lol. It had to happen when someone intentionally deranked themselves. Because under normal conditions, anything above an overkill will probably not happen against good players. For good reason. Because people who're good don't do the shit seen in this clip, and don't get clipped like this.

• Salt (-1) 7

20 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

So what if it hasn't happened before? 

I have no clue why I'm actually responding but I'll just slowly explain the point, as it seems you're not understanding --- if it was so easy to line up Killtastrophes on smurf accounts in H3 (there were plenty of terrible players at low-level MLG in 2007-2010, along with derankers), then don't you think we would have seen one by now, with literally millions of games played? 

Like you, I could also go through every Jaro in every H3 montage on Youtube and show how, ACKCHYUALLY, the players that were killed by the player in question were legit ranked 4 and 6 in the MLG playlist . . . plenty of MLG montage clips are against not-great players, but even the worst players in MLG are not completely terrible.  This isn't like Kampy getting killionaires in multi-team; every opponent has a BR, damage is at 110%, players are actually trying to win, etc. 

Also the "Khaleesis Rack" (lol) player who was putting shots on Eli during the killtrocity actually almost killed him, that wasn't the worst decision ever (likely Eli was called out as being weak), though probably I would have flanked in that situation.

• Like (+1) 2

Beyond is great content now. I come in here in now and its just one person arguing with everyone who still posts here about anything thats posted.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

I wish they would implement a feature to tell you visually and audibly where the flag was and if someone dropped it. That would be really handy.

I wish there was someway to communicate with teammates other than screaming at the screen and then rage quitting, oh wait.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

3 hours ago, valaea said:

I have no clue why I'm actually responding but I'll just slowly explain the point, as it seems you're not understanding --- if it was so easy to line up Killtastrophes on smurf accounts in H3 (there were plenty of terrible players at low-level MLG in 2007-2010, along with derankers), then don't you think we would have seen one by now, with literally millions of games played? 

Like you, I could also go through every Jaro in every H3 montage on Youtube and show how, ACKCHYUALLY, the players that were killed by the player in question were legit ranked 4 and 6 in the MLG playlist . . . plenty of MLG montage clips are against not-great players, but even the worst players in MLG are not completely terrible.  This isn't like Kampy getting killionaires in multi-team; every opponent has a BR, damage is at 110%, players are actually trying to win, etc. 

Also the "Khaleesis Rack" (lol) player who was putting shots on Eli during the killtrocity actually almost killed him, that wasn't the worst decision ever (likely Eli was called out as being weak), though probably I would have flanked in that situation.

No, I don't, given a clip can boil down to pure circumstance, as I said. The higher the killstreak, the more it boils down to, or can boil down to circumstance and sometimes luck, given spawns, prediction aiming, the like. I also think the fact it costed money to make any reliable stream of smurfs on the 360 severely hampered that, whereas you can have infinite smurfing opportunities on the Xbox One. More people played, sure. But a helluvalot less people smurfed. Meaning less obscenely good players matching lower players overall. Generally. With that all said, I didn't say it was easy. I just said it wasn't worthy of praise and being dumbly blown out of proportion as a good clip. And that its rarity still doesn't mean we should immediately praise it when you can contextualize the entire clip and how it played out. Give me a legitimate Killpoc in a lobby of actual players who can move their thumbs. Obviously that's a pretty steep hill to climb. For good reason. Good players won't be doing what these bots did, and Eli wouldn't have done what he did had they been actual proper players. At all. Doing this against good players makes these clips actually worth it. Not bots.

And yeah, you probably could go through each montage and see this. It's a pretty big plague. But I disagree that the worst players in MLG aren't terrible. You're always gonna have terrible low-ranked players in any playlist. Not everyone who plays it will be good, even if their intent is to play a competitive playlist. And it shows here. A BR, 110% damage, and the want to win won't change that, either. Like Halo 5's near-mythical Bronze rankings. 

And that one dude contesting him is cool, but, lol. It doesn't detract from the 7 other kills with it. Like the two oblivious lifters right after, lmao.

• Salt (-1) 2

2 hours ago, Zavehi said:

Beyond is great content now. I come in here in now and its just one person arguing with everyone who still posts here about anything thats posted.

I mean... there's literally nothing to talk about.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1

While I think Eli hit a great clip, much more so than Iceprincess, we all know the Hyena icicle jump spawn kill was way cooler

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I mean... there's literally nothing to talk about.

What do you mean, there's the rumour that Infinite isn't coming out until late 2020.

Seriously though, what do y'all think that means for right now?  Surely they aren't putting two years of competitive eggs into the basket of a 11+ year old game, right?  My gut is saying there's something coming this year that we'll hear at E3 to tie us over until next fall. 

@TheIcePrincess a clip is any highlight that I would have trouble getting in a week of grinding. The clip gets better if its a month of grinding, a year, etc. this is better than any clip i ever hit over 10k games on the 360. Therefore its a insanely fucking good clip. The same goes for basically 70% of hyene clips. Flanking final boss for an overkill is only slightly better than  flanking randoms for an overkill. 

15 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Flanking final boss for an overkill is only slightly better than  flanking randoms for an overkill. 

Excuse me.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1