CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

i like your attitude

@MUSE_iC do you know where you're posting?

You're right. 

The shows going to be shit. 

Honestly all I hope for is that they keep the same Alien movie horror-esque feel of Forward Unto Dawn. The scene where theyre in the armory and the Elite is lurking around in his camo is top notch. I also hope they go for more practical effects/costumes for the covenant bcs the CGI in FUD has not held up too well.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

A little off topic, but I thought you guys would enjoy this: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Howdy fellas. how's everyone doing? Its been awhile... 

God i miss the good ol' days....The H2 days :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

8 hours ago, NAK said:

A little off topic, but I thought you guys would enjoy this: 

The magnetism with controller is disgusting, was the same in Destiny and Fortnite... if your playing with PC players it should be disabled and you should be on the same playing field imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheSimms said:

The magnetism with controller is disgusting, was the same in Destiny and Fortnite... if your playing with PC players it should be disabled and you should be on the same playing field imo.

Eh, there should be some, but should be more dialed back than it is right now. The game just wouldn't be fun for console/controller players without any aim assist. For competitive modes I agree, but this is mostly just casual. Also while the magnetism is a lot, I don't think that should take away a lot from the clip, its still a crazy play.

8 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

60fps and better FOV

Pretty much.  I'm still amazed at how we're not getting 1080p/60 every game now, so hopefully with even better hardware we can see even more games hitting the magic 60. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I think a quit was completely justified. I’d be tempted to send him the DVR clip too. That’s REALLY bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea quitting after one little thing is dope. Ruining the game for the rest of your team is dope. We should all quit more when someone makes a play we don't agree with it would make the game much better for everyone. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 6
  • Salt (-1) 1

45 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea quitting after one little thing is dope. Ruining the game for the rest of your team is dope. We should all quit more when someone makes a play we don't agree with it would make the game much better for everyone. 

Did you even watch the clip?

• Like (+1) 3

That quit was justified, personally my blood pressure can’t take that. So for his health it was the right call.

Also they had no hope anyway, with a play that bad might as well get it over with. 

10 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Well, that was stupid, lmao. In a 0-1 game, one dude misses the flag and he rage quits, insinuating he's bad. Ruins the game for the other two teammates, over just realizing he may have missed the flag, and Saintly's death, and assumed he'd pick it up or respawn close to it. Pretty childish to be honest. It was one dude too. The other two were in other positions unrelated to the flag. So one person looked oblivious there for one play (Even though he was pushing elsewhere with intent), but until I see a proper scoreboard, or replay of the entire game, this one play was stupid to quit over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4
  • Salt (-1) 1

To be completely fair if you're not calling out you can't really complain about teammates, people aren't psychic, even the best players get caught up in the heat of battle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mow said:

To be completely fair if you're not calling out you can't really complain about teammates, people aren't psychic, even the best players get caught up in the heat of battle.

"Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped,...."

Basically, if you hear that (and you can't NOT hear that unless you're playing without audio) MAKE SURE THE FUCKING FLAG GETS TO THE BASE.  Does shit happen?  Sure.  But there's a damn objective marker accompanied with said noise and this dude runs in the other damn direction.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Trespa5s said:

"Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped, Flag taken, flag dropped,...."

Basically, if you hear that (and you can't NOT hear that unless you're playing without audio) MAKE SURE THE FUCKING FLAG GETS TO THE BASE.  Does shit happen?  Sure.  But there's a damn objective marker accompanied with said noise and this dude runs in the other damn direction.  

You know what would have also solved that problem super easily instead of screaming at the screen and rage quitting? Simply saying into the mic 'Hey X, the flag is behind you, cap it' it's incredibly easy to see what other people could be doing to be better and what they're doing wrong, but we rarely use that skill on ourselves to better our own performance, I include myself in this group because I'm guilty of not using a mic, and also rage quitting too, but I can't think of a single instance where rage quitting from the match is the correct answer (assuming you're trying to better your performance or improve your skill in a game or sport, unless we bring up things like lag which aren't relevant to this particular clip.)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's online H3. People quit. People disconnect. People choke. People rage. Doesn't warrant much of a discussion regardless of how bored we are tbh

But fucking hell, am i bored. 

Related image

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Mow said:

You know what would have also solved that problem super easily instead of screaming at the screen and rage quitting? Simply saying into the mic 'Hey X, the flag is behind you, cap it' it's incredibly easy to see what other people could be doing to be better and what they're doing wrong, but we rarely use that skill on ourselves to better our own performance, I include myself in this group because I'm guilty of not using a mic, and also rage quitting too, but I can't think of a single instance where rage quitting from the match is the correct answer (assuming you're trying to better your performance or improve your skill in a game or sport, unless we bring up things like lag which aren't relevant to this particular clip.)

Eh, I don't really know how the entire game played out and I could care less about the ethical choice of 'to quit or not to quit' but I have a bit of a bone to pick with the argument that communication would solve the issue.

No doubt it would go a long way to help secure the cap but using that as a crutch to excuse poor awareness gets tiresome. If you need a call out for information that gets fed to you by your HUD you need to be more attentive to the details in game. No one even turned around for an entire 15 seconds while the flag icon was still out, didn't notice the score hadn't changed, or even read the kill feed that he had died.  I'm sure these guys have played the game long enough to be familiar with how common that situation is as well.

You don't need to be psychic, you just need to pay attention.

• Like (+1) 1

Yea cuz none of yall have made awful plays that were completely obvious to other people on your team lmao. Guess we should all quit when one guy makes a bad play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, RevanYaEngine said:

Eh, I don't really know how the entire game played out and I could care less about the ethical choice of 'to quit or not to quit' but I have a bit of a bone to pick with the argument that communication would solve the issue.

No doubt it would go a long way to help secure the cap but using that as a crutch to excuse poor awareness gets tiresome. If you need a call out for information that gets fed to you by your HUD you need to be more attentive to the details in game. No one even turned around for an entire 15 seconds while the flag icon was still out, didn't notice the score hadn't changed, or even read the kill feed that he had died.  I'm sure these guys have played the game long enough to be familiar with how common that situation is as well.

I don't see how this has any relevance to the argument I made, I never said the teammates weren't terrible, and it isn't so much an ethical choice as it is a more of a question of 'do I want to get better at the game or not?' As I said before, I can't think of a situation (barring the match being unplayable due to lag or some other issue) where rage quitting the match is going to get you closer to that goal. I don't make the ethical case because I am guilty of rage quitting matches along with having flaws in my gameplay, and will probably be guilty in the future too, but I also know that I'm not doing myself any favors by doing that and certainly not helping myself to get better at the game, self reflection is a hard thing to do but I'm not going to sit here and blow smoke up this guys ass about how if it wasn't for his stupid team he would have won the match, because to be blunt, that's pure bullshit, as proof from his own flawed gameplay (not calling out).