FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Same here to an extent.  Apex is the first BR I enjoy because I can actually big dick it and play semi-aggressive without getting smoked by twenty sniper rifles. 

OfT, but as a non native english speaker this is so funny.:-)  Reminds me of this amazing stand up from a finnish guy on Conan.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

Pretty sure if Halo Infinite comes out as a typical AAA studio game, buggy, delayed updates and slow drip content then it will die in a few months just like every COD does, EA title, or Halo since H3. That's just how games work these days. The reemergence of MCC H3 is really not different. It is just for the die hard Halo fans. 

Obviously Fortnite leads the pack in keeping the hype alive, but even other games like R6 stay healthy and dare I say PUBG even has appeared to carve out its nitch in the highly competitive BR market. I'm obviously preaching to the choir here, but if Infinite is just a regular release, hopefully it is fun for the Halo fans but it is not attracting anyone new. I really hope Microsoft isn't going to simply use the name to sell a few extra Xbox's, controllers and run some adds but actually give us a living and growing game.

Which leads me to something that I haven't seen brought up here. The timing between Infinite release rumors and the new Xbox release rumors. They all seem to be looking at 2020. I just don't see how this can play out well, but we'll see.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, AirKick said:

I’ve been busy playing Apex and watching top tier players as well.  I’ve never been a BR guy but this game is just different and actually fun. I’ve been dying for some Infinite news though...

I guess these tournaments dying off is worse for me then because I can't stand battle royale games. It's a waste of your life gathering items for 10 minutes to just get ambushed and die before firing a shot. Now all the halo streamers play it instead. I'm just a perpetually bitter man lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

I guess these tournaments dying off is worse for me then because I can't stand battle royale games. It's a waste of your life gathering items for 10 minutes to just get ambushed and die before firing a shot. Now all the halo streamers play it instead. I'm just a perpetually bitter man lol.

This doesn't typically happen in Apex.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

i havent enjoyed any battle royale until now 

PISTOLS 
PISTOLS
PISTOLS

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4

22 hours ago, Llamaas said:

Honestly, doesnt really seem like many people care about h3 much anymore since st louis. Including me... I'll be watching the lan events but im not gonna bother watching online halo 3. Need a new halo asap.

The surge of Apex is a big part of this. So many prior Halo streamers are now doing nothing but Apex content, despite what appears (to me at least) to be a drop in viewership. You also have the top team (Tox) basically never streaming despite still competing in the TB and UGC tournaments. I know players like Mikwen talked about how they felt like they couldn't stream in order to prevent opposing teams from scouting them, but it feels like solid personalities such as Lethul and Royal 2 are costing themselves a solid, potentially lucrative fanbase by not regularly streaming. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, II AdamanT II said:

[snip]

... Royal 2 are costing themselves a solid, potentially lucrative fanbase by not regularly streaming. 

Royal 2 has been on the grind and is highly entertaining. I've been watching him for years! (I TOTALLY AGREE LETHUL NEEDS TO STREAM)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Royal 2 has been on the grind and is highly entertaining. I've been watching him for years! (I TOTALLY AGREE LETHUL NEEDS TO STREAM BE A FORUM POSTER FIRST.)

Mate.

• Simms (+1) 4

9 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

If you haven’t played Apex, give it a try. I literally stopped talking to some friends cause they got lost in the shitty(IMO) BR games. Apex however is the most fun I’ve had since Halo 3 released. I never thought I would get this feeling again over video games, but I can’t put this game down. It’s mind boggling how a free to play game is my go to, and a couple games I bought for $60 are sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I’m going to buy items from Respawn cause they’ve earned it.  

Hey guys! 

Had an interview recently on HCS Weekly. Would be cool if you guy's checked it out and supported ShyWay's content.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

the director Otto Bathurst hasn't lead any successful projects except 3 episodes of peaky blinders and 1 episode of black mirror. robin hood was a huge flop and was annihilated by critics and the public with a metascore of 32

great

At least the episode of Black Mirror was good? lol

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

the director Otto Bathurst hasn't lead any successful projects except 3 episodes of peaky blinders and 1 episode of black mirror. robin hood was a huge flop and was annihilated by critics and the public with a metascore of 32

great

i mean this shit has been in limbo for 6 years now. i dont honestly expect anyone that great to be lining up to do this. iirc, if this had been handled properly from the beginning, the rumor was that peter jackson wouldve been given this series

14 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

i mean this shit has been in limbo for 6 years now. i dont honestly expect anyone that great to be lining up to do this. iirc, if this had been handled properly from the beginning, the rumor was that peter jackson wouldve been given this series

I thought the Peter Jackson thing was for Halo 3, that project was canned long long ago.  This was the Spielberg thing I think, and it's gone absolutely no where.  I'd rather them just abandon this show at this point. 

Though I would say that at this point it's doomed either way, 343 releases it and after years of development hell it sucks or they release it and after years of development hell it's kinda good, but it's been so long that people don't care or assume it sucks and don't watch it.  And if it's on some premium streaming service, it's only going to hurt viewership more.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Morachip said:

I thought the Peter Jackson thing was for Halo 3, that project was canned long long ago.  This was the Spielberg thing I think, and it's gone absolutely no where.  I'd rather them just abandon this show at this point. 

Though I would say that at this point it's doomed either way, 343 releases it and after years of development hell it sucks or they release it and after years of development hell it's kinda good, but it's been so long that people don't care or assume it sucks and don't watch it.  And if it's on some premium streaming service, it's only going to hurt viewership more.

you know, i did actually enjoy the forward unto dawn series leading up to h4. if this show can get that level i'd be ok with it. not enough to make me buy showtime, but enough to get me to wait for it to pop up on youtube

19 hours ago, AirKick said:

If you haven’t played Apex, give it a try. I literally stopped talking to some friends cause they got lost in the shitty(IMO) BR games. Apex however is the most fun I’ve had since Halo 3 released. I never thought I would get this feeling again over video games, but I can’t put this game down. It’s mind boggling how a free to play game is my go to, and a couple games I bought for $60 are sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I’m going to buy items from Respawn cause they’ve earned it.  

I have it but it's tough to stomach, just not my fare brotha.

3 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

great

He probably didnt write the script for the Robin Hood film and he also has a BAFTA for Peaky Blinders and has done much more than just what you found. So lets not just jump to conclusions. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

:fire:

343 ported MCC to real life before PC

• Toxic (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1