CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

IT'S LIVE!   The second half of my look back at Halo 5's competitive history.  Hope you guys enjoy:  

• Like (+1) 7

12 hours ago, valaea said:

Strong efforts and quality content. You can see the incredible amount of effort people need to go to working around the limitations of a lack of spec mode but this was a good job in spite of that.

I hope whoever is making these gains traction and is satisfied to keep on trucking up until the next game.

1 hour ago, careh said:

Strong efforts and quality content. You can see the incredible amount of effort people need to go to working around the limitations of a lack of spec mode but this was a good job in spite of that.

I hope whoever is making these gains traction and is satisfied to keep on trucking up until the next game.

exactly, I feel like they came along literally three years too late lol . . . other than 2012, this is the worst time to be making Halo content

36 minutes ago, valaea said:

exactly, I feel like they came along literally three years too late lol . . . other than 2012, this is the worst time to be making Halo content

2012 was a great time to make Halo content with Halo 4 coming out that Fall and tons of news being sprinkled out each month. It's one of the reasons THC became as big as it was. A lot of fans were excited to have the Master Chief back again for the first time since 2007, with a new developer at the helm.

2 hours ago, valaea said:

I feel like last year was way worse. 

7 hours ago, CyReN said:

2012 was a great time to make Halo content with Halo 4 coming out that Fall and tons of news being sprinkled out each month. It's one of the reasons THC became as big as it was. A lot of fans were excited to have the Master Chief back again for the first time since 2007, with a new developer at the helm.

I just realised your avatar is not of an athelete.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I just realised your avatar is not of an athelete.

Astronauts can be athletes ;)

• Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, valaea said:

Whoever makes these videos has my sword, my shield, and my undying support.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5

24 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Whoever makes these videos has my sword, my shield, and my undying support.

I want to comment this every single time. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Not a lotta talk about that H3 tourney last weekend, was it a dud?

Honestly, doesnt really seem like many people care about h3 much anymore since st louis. Including me... I'll be watching the lan events but im not gonna bother watching online halo 3. Need a new halo asap.

• Upvote (+1) 8

50 minutes ago, Llamaas said:

Honestly, doesnt really seem like many people care about h3 much anymore since st louis. Including me... I'll be watching the lan events but im not gonna bother watching online halo 3. Need a new halo asap.

Agreed. I think if ogres start playing in halo 1 tournaments that a lot of the fanbase will follow, but who knows what it takes to get them competing again.

2 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Agreed. I think if ogres start playing in halo 1 tournaments that a lot of the fanbase will follow, but who knows what it takes to get them competing again.

Yea they did that one MCC 2v2 a couple months back and that shit was fucking hype.  Obviously it's hard with them being across the world, but I wish they'd at least consider doing some more online stuff, it would definitely help the viewer numbers. 

Hey friends, we just announced the new group of HCS Grassroots content creators!

• Like (+1) 7

I have to agree,  I don't give a shit about Halo right now to be frank. I'll probably watch LAN's but I really don't care that much anymore. Instead I'm watching popular streamers play Apex Legends etc.

I had a feeling this would happen and I'm actually quiet surprised so many people had faith that classic Halo would bring in a resurgence tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 2

13 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Not a lotta talk about that H3 tourney last weekend, was it a dud?

I’ve been busy playing Apex and watching top tier players as well.  I’ve never been a BR guy but this game is just different and actually fun. I’ve been dying for some Infinite news though...

1 hour ago, AirKick said:

I’ve been busy playing Apex and watching top tier players as well.  I’ve never been a BR guy but this game is just different and actually fun. I’ve been dying for some Infinite news though...

i think interest in halo will continue to drop until we get more infinite details. i'm hoping they start using events to tease the new game

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, AirKick said:

Same here to an extent.  Apex is the first BR I enjoy because I can actually big dick it and play semi-aggressive without getting smoked by twenty sniper rifles. 

• Like (+1) 1