CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Tweeted it out but thought id post it here because its a crazy stat.

Based on pro league and LAN stats from 2016-2018

Events: 11

Least Deaths: 9

2nd Least Deaths: 2

Royal 2 has never been outside the top 2 least deaths in 11 events I've tracked with an average 9.84 deaths per game.

Im pretty sure if I checked KD and KDA it would be something similar also.

No lie when Splyce went on their winning streak, there were people on these forums who thought that if Tox made a team change, they should drop Royal 2 over anyone else. Because he doesn't play fast enough. 

smfh

• Upvote (+1) 3

No lie when Splyce went on their winning streak, there were people on these forums who thought that if Tox made a team change, they should drop Royal 2 over anyone else. Because he doesn't play fast enough. 

smfh

As one of the people on that train (though, solely with Saiyan as the potential replacement), I'd like to ask

How does having the least amount of deaths every tournament conflict with the idea that he might possibly not be playing fast enough?

While dying is definitely not a good thing to do often, consistently having a staggeringly low death count in games while still losing can be a red flag (or blue flag if you're higher seed) that you may not be exerting enough pressure to help out your teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love pit because of all the candy on it (Rockets/OS/Two Snipers) but for slayer it's butts. Rapidly turns into stalemate. CTF is great to watch though.

Screw that. Let us run the tournaments and let them toss money at us/set up advertisers and promotions if they want to. No more meddling with the settings, no more fucking radar in tournaments, none of that garbage. 

We are legitimate. 

I know that dingbat but sanctioned events aren't going to hold as much glory as a 2019 HWC with Halo 3. But I cant say that 100% either. I think it could still blow up but not as fast as the league could have. Lets hope the MLG hints are true

Didn't know it was possible to bring maps over from OG H3.

Onslaught and Amplified are pretty weak sauce, but Pit Slayer would be a third thing I'd like us to delete. I found a video of a map with potential to fill in the three weak modes.

Halcyon can easily replace Pit Slayer and Onslaught Flag. Hell, I'm willing to bet it could replace Amp Slayer with another King of the Hill map to play on.

If any of you remember a map that caught your eye back then, I'd love to see it.

Pit slayer is my favorite game 5/11s and are the most crazy heart pounding games to watch in Halo 3, change my mind.    Also got a pass, hotel and flight. This event sounds lit. See you all there

• Upvote (+1) 3

There's nothing wrong with Pit Slayer or Narrows Slayer.  Amp TS and Onslaught CTF tho....still don't understand why the sweaty H3 community never got organized enough to replace those two abominations with literally anything else.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The settings were always what the players wanted. Killa KC along with all the forgers made shit happen. The very first Reach event was no sprint and after enough demand we were given no bloom.

I would love for us to decide once more in H6.

I feel like that's really the way it should be. Let the people consuming and participating in the settings guide them to where they need to be. Its a game after all and we should be having fun so the fights for things like radar removal are a little silly

Has St. Louis sold out yet? I haven't seen UGC tweet.

This tweet from Matt over at UGC was from Friday stating that 125 out of the 128 have been sold - haven't seen any further updates though since then. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

This tweet from Matt over at UGC was from Friday stating that 125 out of the 128 have been sold - haven't seen any further updates though since then. 

According to the "quick view" pop-up thing we're down to 2 left, I have hope they'll go soon so we can get the formal announcement

1vUwHaQ.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think everyone agreed many years ago that Pit is technically not a great map (giant wall in the middle, etc.) but the TS and CTF games are so hype that we've just learned to accept it

Has St. Louis sold out yet? I haven't seen UGC tweet.

Depends how many more players purchased passes in anticipation/without a team.

This is why people thought Orlando had more teams than it did because players over purchased which gave an inaccurate early anticipated number of teams. Provided this event beats the H5 record of 88 (ATL 17) i'll be happy and it will have done its job, if it hits triple digit figures then i'll be a very happy person.

edit - Side note and maybe an unpopular opinion, i hope they don't raise the cap further if it sells out. 128 is a great feat and there will be duplicate passes flying about for sale.

• Upvote (+1) 5

edit - Side note and maybe an unpopular opinion, i hope they don't raise the cap further if it sells out. 128 is a great feat and there will be duplicate passes flying about for sale.

Fuck this hater

192 when

• Upvote (+1) 4

agree, stop it at 128 ... I'm sure a ton of these people bought a pass and expected to pull the old crew together, but this will fall through pretty often

agree, stop it at 128 ... I'm sure a ton of these people bought a pass and expected to pull the old crew together, but this will fall through pretty often

1d7b865ecde6af42dfee9d26b249c789.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have been out of the Halo eSports loop for a while.  Is Halo 5 done with, or are Halo 3 tournaments being ran in addition to H5?

I played h3 today (it was my first time on a halo in almost 2 years) and it was just like i remembered it. betrayals followed by tbagging lol, dc-ing snipeshots going straight through bodies, teammates allergic to objectives, and people playing static or annoying music in their mic. i am shit at this game but damn i had fun

• Upvote (+1) 5

I have been out of the Halo eSports loop for a while.  Is Halo 5 done with, or are Halo 3 tournaments being ran in addition to H5?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/hcs-2018-update

After three years of tournaments, unbelievable moments and matches, and more than $6,000,000 awarded, the HCS Finals 2018 at DreamHack Atlanta will be the final, official Halo 5 esports tournament for the Halo Championship Series – though competitive Halo will continue on in brand new ways (more on that below). We’re so thankful to all the amazing players, teams, and fans that have invested so much in supporting Halo 5 competitions to help us continue the growth of Halo esports together.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played a full BTB neutral bomb match on Valhalla yesterday night that ended 1-0 without a single player quitting. Both teams were making coordinated pushes back and forth with the bomb so it was super intense. I ended up getting a killtac in their basement to secure the detonation for the win.

I swear, if they added an exp progession system in this game that incentivised winning in social we could have way more matches like this. I played a lot of H3 BTB back in the day and I had plenty of intense matches like this. Today, fun competitive social matches are few and far inbetween unfortunately. :/

• Upvote (+1) 6

I played a full BTB neutral bomb match on Valhalla yesterday night that ended 1-0 without a single player quitting. Both teams were making coordinated pushes back and forth with the bomb so it was super intense. I ended up getting a killtac in their basement to secure the detonation for the win.

I swear, if they added an exp progession system in this game that incentivised winning in social we could have way more matches like this. I played a lot of H3 BTB back in the day and I had plenty of intense matches like this. Today, fun competitive social matches are few and far inbetween unfortunately. :/

BTB has been my bread and butter since I started playing Halo. I've always felt that there should be a ranked BTB playlist like there was in Halo 2. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

BTB has been my bread and butter since I started playing Halo. I've always felt that there should be a ranked BTB playlist like there was in Halo 2.

I wanna see a 6v6 ranked squad battle playlist like they had in H3. I had like a 30 in the playlist and it was so satisfying winning with your squad against another 6-man party.
  • Upvote (+1) 3