CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

14 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Any Beyond CE tourneys on the horizon?

10 hours ago, Slayer said:

Any chance of getting h2 down the line?

We are focused on Halo 3 at the moment, but anything is possible.

• Simms (+1) 1

23 hours ago, CyReN said:

:ace:

Damn this is dope, unfortunately I'll be out of town that weekend so I can't play.  Wish we had more of a notice.   Regardless this is still great to see from TB!

1 hour ago, Hully said:

ZbzWMcm.png

The typeface used on the Apex weapon's ammo counter is also the same one used for Reach's AR, as far as I can tell, bar the constrained nature to fit the smaller space. Big teehee, there. 

hr_002-7ef6a9c5e209423ca1b559b748673901.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like it when my gun goes pew pew (preferably in a straight line with no spread)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@Trespa5s great vid man but yikes on perpetuating the myth of an OP pistol and worthless AR. If you ever get the chance to LAN sometime, I hope you jump on the opportunity. Let me know if you’re interested and I bet I could point you towards some folks that would be glad to have you. I’m in Columbus OH if you ever wanna meet up and play.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Hard Way said:

@Trespa5s great vid man but yikes on perpetuating the myth of an OP pistol and worthless AR. If you ever get the chance to LAN sometime, I hope you jump on the opportunity. Let me know if you’re interested and I bet I could point you towards some folks that would be glad to have you. I’m in Columbus OH if you ever wanna meet up and play.

I appreciate the invite, but being a Canadian that's in the UK for school makes that a bit complicated haha.  Maybe come summer time when i'm back in NA I'll see what I can swing :D

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hard Way said:

@Hard Way Columbus, OH Halo player over here as well (reigning MSFT store 2v2 Champion ;^) ). Grab a smurf account and teach me the ways of CE! GT: "ii Adamant ii"

• Fire (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, II AdamanT II said:

@Hard Way Columbus, OH Halo player over here as well (reigning MSFT store 2v2 Champion ;^) ). Grab a smurf account and teach me the ways of CE! GT: "ii Adamant ii"

Let me get a partner and we'll play customs

good change in my imo

16 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Score for Guardian Ball and CStruct King being reduced 200 points instead of 250.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not a bad change IMO, but wouldn't it have been simpler to just make the game end automatically once a team is mathematically beaten, rather than changing the score to win?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Hully said:

Not a bad change IMO, but wouldn't it have been simpler to just make the game end automatically once a team is mathematically beaten, rather than changing the score to win?

Theoretically, yes. 

If (scoreA - scoreB > time) or (scoreB - scoreA > time)

then end match

Else do nothing.  

The other option would be to lower the time limit, and make it like Hardpoint in CoD where the timer only ticks down when the hill isn't captured or is contested. It would mean that there is always a chance for a comeback because even with 5 seconds on the clock a team could make a 100+ point swing. 

Edit: Got a reply from Postums on twitter.  Basically they didn't want to write entirely new code so they decided to lower the score (and thus shrink how large the gap could get). 

• Like (+1) 2

My question is why this is getting changed but H5 ball time stayed at 150 the entire time it was played competitively?

Either way, cool that they are listening.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Batchford said:

Either way, cool that they are listening.

Who kicked off about it or raised it as an issue? I’ve literally seen no one tbh.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Who kicked off about it or raised it as an issue? I’ve literally seen no one tbh.

Part of the post was that it was meant to address quitting.  I'm presuming they have numbers on the back end that say there's a high volume of quits when the game is mathematically over. 

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about the change.  I've personally had some crazy comebacks on Cons Koth and Guardian Ball that wouldn't have been possible if the score wasn't set to 250.   I think the bigger issue is that MCC is probably never going to get a Spectator mode, and we're still playing on Onslaught/Amplified in 2019...

• Like (+1) 1