CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Mind anyone reading this I love the support and interest of a lot of Halo communities and not just esports. Cosplaying is cool, the smaller communities are great, and I love the story, so this whole thing sounds great on paper to have something for everyone. I like the idea of this, and really wanted to see a more annual, organized Halo Fest that celebrated everything Halo which seems like this, but unless they plan on showing Infinite in June, the timing confuses me and the amount of stops is also odd. It's like they're trying to do their own Star Wars Celebration convention, but Star Wars has the content, active community, and just overall interest to pull it off once a year for now 5 days. Even if they plan on going big with this, I don't see this being successful at all stops, or at least successful enough to warrant a 3 day trip.

It does seem like a missed opportunity to turn these into some sort of esports qualifiers, but I guess we still got time for things to change.

26 minutes ago, El Vortex said:

Why is everyone rather upset at that announcement ? I get that this is an ' e-sports' forum and such but Halo isn't JUST e-sports, there are tons of other people( read : casuals ) that just like it for the experience/lore/characters. Events like this one provide a different kind of experience towards that crowd, it just seems absurd that we are expecting 343i to just do tournaments and JUST only tournaments.

ffs.

this looks like something i would love to bring my kids to and try to get them into the halo universe. it looks like it could be a lot of fun for something like that. it sounds like it could be a lot of fun. i wish they built a mock up to take pictures r video of so we could actually see what it looks like. if i'm spending $600 for a weekend for my family i want to know im not entering tumblr con 2.0

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Laser tag on The Pit, anyone? :intel:

CoD had paintball on Nuketown, we get laser tag on The Pit. 

• Fire (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hully said:

CoD had paintball on Nuketown, we get laser tag on the pit. 

no sprinting allowed

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 6

17 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

no sprinting allowed

Super soldiers can sprint in real life though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

52 minutes ago, Hully said:

Super soldiers can sprint in real life though.

Image result for thinking emoji supernova

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 3

9 hours ago, El Vortex said:

Why is everyone rather upset at that announcement ? I get that this is an ' e-sports' forum and such but Halo isn't JUST e-sports, there are tons of other people( read : casuals ) that just like it for the experience/lore/characters. Events like this one provide a different kind of experience towards that crowd, it just seems absurd that we are expecting 343i to just do tournaments and JUST only tournaments.

ffs.

Because it means nothing for a large portion of the community who will never see these events anywhere near them, as we wait amidst the longest period of time between FPS Halo game releases, with fuck all information about the next game, with the only content currently satisfying us being either a 3 year old, near dead game, or a 4 year old, near dead broken POS. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

8 hours ago, Craneteam said:

no sprinting allowed

Now I just want to sprint around and shoulder bash little kids.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Snip3down is streaming scrims vs Denial right now for anyone interested:  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Because it means nothing for a large portion of the community who will never see these events anywhere near them, as we wait amidst the longest period of time between FPS Halo game releases, with fuck all information about the next game, with the only content currently satisfying us being either a 3 year old, near dead game, or a 4 year old, near dead broken POS. 

And that is somehow... 343i's  fault ? Could they (probably) add more cities for more weekends ? Sure they can but I don't think that would be cost effective in any way, shape or form. Again, the people doing this type of event is ENTIRELY separate from the people doing the actual development of Halo : Infinite or even the people ' running HCS '. 

For those people who  are willing to/able to attend, I am willing to bet that it will be a fun event and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. For those who can't make it or not willing to make it(for whatever reason), well... buckle up and wait until the next event. Not every single event that is done by 343i or Microsoft in regards to Halo has to be a competitive event.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Revolutionary.

Immersive.

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Twisted M said:

Apex Legends on why they wont add advanced mobility/abilities:

c07k1eptx2f21.png

Still.

I want Titanfall 3. The only game to do advanced movement well imo, since it was built from the ground-up to be that sort of game. 

• Like (+1) 5

7 hours ago, El Vortex said:

And that is somehow... 343i's  fault ? Could they (probably) add more cities for more weekends ? Sure they can but I don't think that would be cost effective in any way, shape or form. Again, the people doing this type of event is ENTIRELY separate from the people doing the actual development of Halo : Infinite or even the people ' running HCS '. 

For those people who  are willing to/able to attend, I am willing to bet that it will be a fun event and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. For those who can't make it or not willing to make it(for whatever reason), well... buckle up and wait until the next event. Not every single event that is done by 343i or Microsoft in regards to Halo has to be a competitive event.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where do you get this from? The announcement isn't relevant to a large portion of the community, not because its not a competitive event, but because its only going to be seen in a select few locations. I have no idea why you've latched onto this 'Must be because its not a competitive event' or where the hell you came up with that one. 

This isn't the first Halo announcement since Infinite that hasn't been relevant or accessible for a large portion of the community, remember Fireteam Raven? The nearest one to me is 6 hours away, and this Outpost Discovery thing will never be in-country. I would love a Halo announcement that involves something I can actually interact with. Just something Halo related that isn't completely irrelevant to me straight away because of my location. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Still.

I want Titanfall 3. The only game to do advanced movement well imo, since it was built from the ground-up to be that sort of game. 

Agreed. CoD and Halo's advanced movement wasn't great because it was just forced into games that weren't designed for it. Titanfall was designed from the groud up with advanced movement in mind, and it shows. Titanfall 2 in particular was amazing, especially the campaign. For some reason though EA wanted to launch it in between Battlefield and Call of Duty, so it never really had a chance. I know it was on sale for like $6 on the Xbox store a while back, if anyone is even remotely interested in that game, i suggest picking it up. The campaign alone is well worth it. I appreciate them not including advanced movement in their BR, I don't think anyone would enjoy Apex nearly as much if they had, but I'd love a fully fledged Titfafall 3 at some point, with a release date that actually makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 6

Halo Infinite needs to be an exact copy of Halo 3 with H2A graphics and nothing more. Crucify me.

All jokes aside, if Infinite doesn’t have sprint I’ll be hyped as fuck but if it does have sprint, I’ll probably end up selling my Xbox One X, Xbox S, and PS4 and disappear into the world of PC gaming. 

Also would be dope if Infinite has a BR mode where you spawn in falling from the sky in ODST drop pods.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

Edit: You know what, nvm. Modern games and game devs are trash. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 hours ago, 72826 said:

Edit: You know what, nvm. Modern games and game devs are trash. 

Why though?

15 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

This was amazing 

• Like (+1) 2