CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

I'm amazed that H2 is streamed so little on MCC.  The Twitch page for MCC is 80% Halo 3, 19% Halo 1, and literally 1% Halo 2.  

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, valaea said:

I'm amazed that H2 is streamed so little on MCC.  The Twitch page for MCC is 80% Halo 3, 19% Halo 1, and literally 1% Halo 2.  

Well the H3 part isn't surprising, ever since launch H3 was always the most popular.  

In terms of why H2 is so tiny compared to H1 I'd have to assume it's because there really isn't a good ranked playlist for it.  Like sure there's TA but compared to H3 Hardcore or CE doubles it's a joke.  Turn the H2 TA playlist into the competitive settings and I think you'll see more people playing it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Trespa5s said:

Well the H3 part isn't surprising, ever since launch H3 was always the most popular.  

In terms of why H2 is so tiny compared to H1 I'd have to assume it's because there really isn't a good ranked playlist for it.  Like sure there's TA but compared to H3 Hardcore or CE doubles it's a joke.  Turn the H2 TA playlist into the competitive settings and I think you'll see more people playing it. 

You'd think. But when H2 had comp settings in a playlist is was extremely fucking dead. Thats why it was removed in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, valaea said:

H2C on MCC is broken, so it doesn't surprise me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Controllers on PC are awesome too. Halo 5 & Destiny feel great.

Yeah but to be fair a controller on PC even with AA will get decimated by M/K

33 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Not necessarily. I held my own just fine against M/K on H2V.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

I believe Sudd 2 plays Destiny competitively with a controller and I think sometimes 2gre as well. Although Destiny has high amount of AA so it might not be much of a difference. 

4 hours ago, Hully said:

KFC doesn't fuck around.

They hated Jesus because he told them the truth.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

I feel like I would get along well with this man.

Did a double take when I saw Ninja in superbowl commercial. I had to look it up just to confirm. With his fame and glory would be cool to see him take a step back into halo for a few minutes as that could bring some insane exposure. Anywho congrats to that kid man he is really doing it all.

5 hours ago, RC_5213 said:

Not necessarily. I held my own just fine against M/K on H2V.

Rule #1 - Work your ass off.

Rule #2 - Never listen to the naysayers.

giphy.gif

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BanditOH said:

Did a double take when I saw Ninja in superbowl commercial. I had to look it up just to confirm. With his fame and glory would be cool to see him take a step back into halo for a few minutes as that could bring some insane exposure. Anywho congrats to that kid man he is really doing it all.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the NFL and co teased Sweet Victory for months and then blueballed us by starting the intro to the song to move into sicko mode. Those bastards.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3

Heard Sundance held an hour long MLG history lesson during Puckett's Winter WonderLAN. Anyone got a link + timecode to where I can find it?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 2/2/2019 at 9:38 PM, RC_5213 said:

Who's STK Dominator Walshy is playing with?

Also, Walshy just beat wholesale ass.

I believe it's this player who used to be on StK.  Not 100% sure though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 2/3/2019 at 1:22 PM, valaea said:

Yeah this reality is quite depressing.  From what I understand there is nothing that the H2 build on MCC offers that isn't done better on Project Cartographer.  The complaints I hear from the competitive community is that the shot registration, melee connection, and spawn system do not resemble the OG version of H2 and that's why it is literally impossible to find a ranked game in H2 Arena.  Maybe if the MCC had something that H2PC doesn'tlike a spectator mode, progression system, neutral starting spawns, or even in game timers, that could entice people to come back.  Although the ability to have 4v4 matches on a neutral host via dedicated servers make Project Cartographer a much more viable option for fair games.

However there are still people that stream H2 on Twitch, here are a few one them:

twitch.tv/havok_live

twitch.tv/sheney

twitch.tv/realonemvc

twitch.tv/zildj

twitch.tv/hihurricane

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Bruh MCC H2 still has fall damage, it was better before the patch tbh. I’ve already brought the shot registration issues, framrate bugs, and wacky spawns to postums but just got ignored. Most og H2 players just simply gave up. 

However, the real reason mcc players don’t dabble to much in H2, is that most players simply don’t enjoy getting slapped in H2. I’ve seen streams of H3 players complaining about getting 4’d across the map in midship. In their mind the gun shouldn’t be able to be that effective from base to base and that it hampers map movement. And they believe that the button combos are cheap and broken.

H2 is a much more demanding game then h3, and they have no real reason to learn a completely different game when the game that they’re already skilled at is still relevant. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Bruh MCC H2 still has fall damage, it was better before the patch tbh. I’ve already brought the shot registration issues, framrate bugs, and wacky spawns to postums but just got ignored. Most og H2 players just simply gave up. 

However, the real reason mcc players don’t dabble to much in H2, is that most players simply don’t enjoy getting slapped in H2. I’ve seen streams of H3 players complaining about getting 4’d across the map in midship. In their mind the gun shouldn’t be able to be that effective from base to base and that it hampers map movement. And they believe that the button combos are cheap and broken.

H2 is a much more demanding game then h3, and they have no real reason to learn a completely different game when the game that they’re already skilled at is still relevant. 

Lol whats funny is the h2 kids figured out how to make the shot reg even better than og on h2v. But then a good percentage of them didnt like how shots always registered across the map instead of just occasionally so they fucking reverted the change with the explanation: “it hinders map movement”. 

Turns out h2 wasnt exactly hitscan so they just doubled the projectile speed. Then they reverted it. 

H2 kids shit on h3 kids for an rng weapon yet they have one themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Hard Way said:

He is actually very chill, It's for show.

Whereas I'm nervous you'll melt your controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I don't play H2 simply because I've never liked it.

• Salt (-1) 3

17 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Kelly Is a national treasure