CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

And yet as long as he throws sponsorships and prize money down for players and TO’s nobody bats an eye and the guy continues to do shit like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How old is he? The guy looks like he's in his mid 30's but never got past his edgy teenager phase. 

This Puckett LAN is so cool, gives me Summit vibes. Their caster section is almost a complete ripoff, in a good way. Listening to Puckett and Sundance interview Walshy about people he influenced or influenced him, thoughts on game design, hearing everyone talk about the old days.

I really hope they upload the VOD of this somewhere. If you have the chance to tune in this weekend, especially if Sundance and Puckett are on mics, I'd really suggest it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Noodle said:

Old Denial: doesn't pay players

New Denial: owner calls a player a slur and then defends his actions

I think Denial might need to hit the reset button again and rebrand with a new name.

Someone's in Denial about the best org on the planet.

But what is this juicy-ass drama. A slur? I'd need context but this sounds next fucking level, lmao.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the 6'4" fully fucking tatted guy?

• Simms (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Halo MCC or Halo Infinite on PC lol. Literally no other reason why they would talk to Summit.

For anyone that cares, Pucket is hosting his "WonderLAN" right now and Ogre2 is there playing NHE CE and it's just unfair.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 2

announcement in Austin may be MCC on PC then?  they may try MCC PC tourneys now as a test for Infinite

1 hour ago, valaea said:

announcement in Austin may be MCC on PC then?  they may try MCC PC tourneys now as a test for Infinite

If it's literally anything other than MCC on PC I'd be surprised. I've been saying it since they announced Infinite on PC, MCC would be a massive driving push for Infinite. Infinite is continuing the current story line afaik, so they need some way to get people up to speed on the characters and what not so they understand what's going on and why they should care about these characters, and what better way then letting them play 1-4 on their PC's?

CE and 2 already use their PC engine, Halo 3's engine has already been successfully modified for PC (Halo Online/El Dorito), and 4's engine is a tweaked H3 engine. It would not super difficult to get it running on PC. MCC on Steam would be an instant #1 top seller, MCC on W10 would still sell like hotcakes. As shit as the W10 store is, the ability to play CE/2/3 on PC would push people to it.

Who's STK Dominator Walshy is playing with?

Also, Walshy just beat wholesale ass.

• Fire (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Llamaas said:

I kept watching the vod and I think it's for infinite. Thought it was for mcc pc, which I honestly think it's coming but not 100% sure yet

9 hours ago, valaea said:

Man.

I totally get and agree with comp Halo being on PC being the ideal way forward.

But it's hard for me to wrap my mind around myself playing it on PC. Just more of a console guy myself I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Man.

I totally get and agree with comp Halo being on PC being the ideal way forward.

But it's hard for me to wrap my mind around myself playing it on PC. Just more of a console guy myself I guess.

I've been playing Halo on Xbox since 2001, I doubt that will change even if the scene moves to PC. It will be weird, but if that is what's best for Halo then I'm on board. I play a lot of Overwatch and some Fortnite, both of which have their competitive scene on PC, and there's not really that much of a disconnect. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wait a sec. If 343 hit up summit.....you know they knocked down ninjas door. They absolutely had too, and if that's the case I wonder what that conversation was like

• Upvote (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Controllers on PC are awesome too. Halo 5 & Destiny feel great.

As long as there's aim assist it's fine, but without it using a controller is practically impossible compared to on console. 

• Like (+1) 1

CoD is on PC but events are played on console ... given MS’s obvious desire to sell XB1s, I don’t see how events are possibly not played on console, but who knows

14 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

.MCC on Steam would be an instant #1 top seller, MCC on W10 would still sell like hotcakes. As shit as the W10 store is, the ability to play CE/2/3 on PC would push people to it.

This is very important. I really don't think that it would sell well on Windows 10 unless microsoft revamp their store before it comes out. The PC community fucking hates the windows store, and even more hates anything that isn't steam, especially with the new epic games store. If released on windows 10, there could be big backlash. Or, the power of Halo magically makes people overcome their hatred against the windows 10 store, but I'm not that optimistic. From what I've seen most people would hate on it not being on steam.