CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

I mean, I tried doing that independently and so far don't have a single sign up or any support from those I tagged on twitter about it. 

That being said, obviously I'd love to see it done on a high level with good prize money for those involved.  Just kinda grating that people are asking for something I literally posted on the page before this  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Excited for the tourney next week. Interested to see if old pros will reform their classic teams, or if players will mix and match with current top players.

Excited for the tourney next week. Interested to see if old pros will reform their classic teams, or if players will mix and match with current top players.

Same, but there's a chance that some teams won't play in the qualifiers until later on.  They aren't mandatory, just for seeding so we may not see many big names for another week or so. 

So since I've been out of the loop, are we even getting a legitimate HCS H3 season or is it all just sanctioned events?

So since I've been out of the loop, are we even getting a legitimate HCS H3 season or is it all just sanctioned events?

Nothing will be HCS official I don't think. Its all through the new Grassroots community program where 343 helps out tourney organizers and streamers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nothing will be HCS official I don't think. Its all through the new Grassroots community program where 343 helps out tourney organizers and streamers.

I think it's cool to do this, but a return to a legitimate Halo 3 league would have blown up ffs. Idk. Mixed feelings 

I think it's cool to do this, but a return to a legitimate Halo 3 league would have blown up ffs. Idk. Mixed feelings 

It still might. With the kind of response there's been from the community, as well as selling out the UGC event multiple times over, there could be some big things on the horizon. Sundance has already teased or hinted or whatever at an MLG event. 

It still might. With the kind of response there's been from the community, as well as selling out the UGC event multiple times over, there could be some big things on the horizon. Sundance has already teased or hinted or whatever at an MLG event. 

Is ugc in January sold out?

Is ugc in January sold out?

I'm not sure. They sold out multiple times and then kept opening up more rounds of team passes. A couple days ago they tweeted out that there are only 9 passes left of the 126 being sold. So they sold, fittingly enough, 117 team passes at the very least.

I'm not sure. They sold out multiple times and then kept opening up more rounds of team passes. A couple days ago they tweeted out that there are only 9 passes left of the 126 being sold. So they sold, fittingly enough, 117 team passes at the very least.

Horry sheet Now I actually want to go

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't know it was possible to bring maps over from OG H3.

Onslaught and Amplified are pretty weak sauce, but Pit Slayer would be a third thing I'd like us to delete. I found a video of a map with potential to fill in the three weak modes.

Halcyon can easily replace Pit Slayer and Onslaught Flag. Hell, I'm willing to bet it could replace Amp Slayer with another King of the Hill map to play on.

If any of you remember a map that caught your eye back then, I'd love to see it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll say it, I actually really like Onslaught as long as I have a team that has thumbs, but that pretty much goes for every map.

But yea I've always wondered why we only ever had 1 KOTH and 1 Ball map. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Screw that. Let us run the tournaments and let them toss money at us/set up advertisers and promotions if they want to. No more meddling with the settings, no more fucking radar in tournaments, none of that garbage. 

We are legitimate. 

The settings were always what the players wanted. Killa KC along with all the forgers made shit happen. The very first Reach event was no sprint and after enough demand we were given no bloom.

I would love for us to decide once more in H6.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The settings were always what the players wanted. Killa KC along with all the forgers made shit happen. The very first Reach event was no sprint and after enough demand we were given no bloom.

I would love for us to decide once more in H6.

Exactly.  There's no reason radar should have been left in at all, let alone having it stay without any tweaks for 3/4 of the competitive cycle.  We had loadout autos and spartan charge/ground pound.  

I get not wanting to water it down to leave it as close to out of the box as possible, but that only works when it's perfect out of the box.  Some stuff just needs to be tweaked to be competitive. 

The settings were always what the players wanted.

The settings were good, but they spent a lot of time pissing off either side of the split community (Player Base vs MLG Forge Community).

I think they had a good head on their shoulders as far as deciding when and how to compromise, though.  Didn't always agree with the decisions made, but they at least tried to appease both sides without drastically sacrificing anything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If any of you remember a map that caught your eye back then, I'd love to see it.

+1 for Pit TS being among the worst gametypes in the rotation, right up there with Narrows TS.

Halycon was solid.

Some of my fav h3 forge maps:

Regicide

Xyience

Cynosure

Maelstrom

Unleashed

Epicenter

Lots in the H3FF map packs too. The forge community really was better at making maps than bungie.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand why people don't like Pit TS, but I'll always love it for Str8 vs TD Dallas 08 Finals.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel the same way about Pit TS as I do about Lockout TS. I don't like slayer gametypes that can get really stale, really fast.