CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

44 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Oof then there'd only be like 5 people left playing Halo in ANZ. 

Not my fault the series has plummeted in uniqueness, depth and enjoyment.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Not my fault the series has plummeted in uniqueness, depth and enjoyment.

At least those 5 people will be happy, 

• Toxic (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Llamaas said:

Hey guys. I was wondering your opinion on sprint. Other than just "it sucks and isnt halo", what part of it do you not like? the speed change, not being able to shoot instantly? For me its not being able to shoot.

For me is the fact that you are no longer empowered to move and platform independently from where you are looking + the fact that you can't shoot. 

You spend so much time pushing forward with your gun down,  when in previous games, you'd be scanning/engaging  your entire surroundings. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

13 hours ago, El Vortex said:

This is what happens when there are no events happening. 

:lxthul:

even during events this place is not nearly as active as it used to be :mj:

5 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

even during events this place is not nearly as active as it used to be :mj:

That's because Halo information has been dry as hell. H5 launched well over three years ago, and even just a release date or trailer for Infinite probably won't come until E3, which is still 5 months away. While the Grassroots program is fantastic, there's nothing new to really get people talking about Halo right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT but still amusing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Personally I’d prefer a DMR start, but with a reduced scope range, like the recon DMR. Not necessarily ADS, just 2x. The “it’s just a sidearm” argument isn’t worth it to me. If screen space becomes the issue, a slider to adjust gun size on your screen would be really cool. I know other shooters have options to tweak that.

I think the pistol could be reworked to excel in mid-close range by lowering its RRR, but reducing its TTK from the main utility by upping its fire rate.

In my ideal Halo the BR wouldn’t exist. It’s a worse version of something we already have.

4sk, 1sec TTK, single shot, projectile. That’s what I want.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Llamaas said:

Hey guys. I was wondering your opinion on sprint. Other than just "it sucks and isnt halo", what part of it do you not like? the speed change, not being able to shoot instantly? For me its not being able to shoot.

For me it's how sprint allows a constant "out" for players. If you position yourself better in order to get the first shot, the player can just sprint away. Now you're forced to decide between letting the kill go or putting yourself in a vulnerable chase position by sprinting after them. Also, sprint allows players to move across maps much more quickly. While this may not seem like a bad thing, what it ends up doing in Halo (especially with objective two-based games like CTF) is stretching the maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Personally I’d prefer a DMR start, but with a reduced scope range, like the recon DMR. Not necessarily ADS, just 2x. The “it’s just a sidearm” argument isn’t worth it to me. If screen space becomes the issue, a slider to adjust gun size on your screen would be really cool. I know other shooters have options to tweak that.

I think the pistol could be reworked to excel in mid-close range by lowering its RRR, but reducing its TTK from the main utility by upping its fire rate.

In my ideal Halo the BR wouldn’t exist. It’s a worse version of something we already have.

4sk, 1sec TTK, single shot, projectile. That’s what I want.

I agree with this 100%. We don't need dozens of weapons in the sandbox. Otherwise we'll just end up with a lot of duplication. DMR and BR can fill the same role as a primary. We don't need a long scope on the DMR and I'd prefer single shot over burst. I do think it's important for the utility weapon to look and feel powerful. It should have a fast perfect TTK with a longer average TTK because it shouldn't be easy to use to balance the fast TTK. Despite Halo 3's issues, I think projectile based weapons is part of that recipe.

So building off what you said, I'd want low bullet magnetism but still plenty of aim assist with a red reticule. Guns should have some sort of tracer rounds and impact effects so it's obvious that they are projectile based and if you're missing, where your shots are going and what they are hitting. If people have to guess why they are missing in-game, they're going to blame the game and not how they're using the guns.

I think this helps both competitive and casual big team play. No lasering people across big team battle maps with hitscan utility weapons with long RRR.

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

AdiBPrO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

this really is one of the best inventions in gaming

Does anyone else want to see more maps/gametypes in H3 Hardcore? I know MLG v8 is great, but we really can't do better than Amplifed TS? I personally would like to see maybe another oddball map, the return of Guardian TS, and maybe some old-but-gold forge maps or new gametype-map combos. I just don't see any reason to not change a single map/gametype from 10 years ago...

• Upvote (+1) 7

Are we ever going to get the rosters on the front page? Pretty confusing for newer members joining the thread as there is no way to see rosters 

34 minutes ago, CaLm said:

Does anyone else want to see more maps/gametypes in H3 Hardcore? I know MLG v8 is great, but we really can't do better than Amplifed TS? I personally would like to see maybe another oddball map, the return of Guardian TS, and maybe some old-but-gold forge maps or new gametype-map combos. I just don't see any reason to not change a single map/gametype from 10 years ago...

Citadel? :simms:

• Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

1 hour ago, CaLm said:

I agree, I've been vocal about switching out Amp & Ons for literally anything else.

Except Guardian TS, I'm ok with leaving that in 2008 where it belongs.

I wouldn't mind see something made from Sandbox be used in rotation.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FireAtWill said:

This is truly amazing.

Does this make the assembled pro team Clutch, Mikwen, and Heinz so far?

9 hours ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

This is wonderful. This is what technology should be about.

EDIT: after this he got 2 amp ts's in a row and another construct hill and got off to play csgo shout out to 343

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Double post, but I'd like to say there's way too many people that think HCS is gonna move to PC in infinite. 

53 minutes ago, Hxrshly said:

Onslaught flag is worse than Amplified TS change my mind

Theyre both terrible but at least on amp, you actually have to search for spawns. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, timeforkoalas said:

Does this make the assembled pro team Clutch, Mikwen, and Heinz so far?

Seems like it, I dont think I have seen anyone else... I know Clutch actually announced it. I think Mikwen and Heinz just said they were moving to Seattle? Unless I missed their employment announcements.

Or maybe they just like the Seattle weather? :simms:

On 1/31/2019 at 11:48 AM, CaLm said:

TS is h3's worst gametype in general, regardless of the map. 

Back in 08/09, Killa KC (MLG's main gametype tester) floated the idea of strictly running CTF for the pro circuit since that's H3's best gametype. There was no way pro players would let MLG get away with removing gametypes they had been grinding for months, but KC was on to something. 

Not sure if this small H3 revival makes a gametype overhaul worthwhile, but we shouldnt be running TS gametypes in 4v4 esports for h3.