CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Llamaas said:

Hey guys. I was wondering your opinion on sprint. Other than just "it sucks and isnt halo", what part of it do you not like? the speed change, not being able to shoot instantly? For me its not being able to shoot.

Adding Sprint to Halo games has the same effect as removing Sprint from games like Call of Duty.  

When you force in features that dont fit in a game just because that's what your contemporaries are doing, then you have to change the design of your game to accommodate. That's why Reach and onwards don't feel like Halo games to many people.

4 hours ago, Awful Jake said:

Some things are objective. I already stated that Halo 5 is different for example because it is widely known that it is factually inconsistent depending on networking conditions. You seemed to ignore that :(

I don't understand what you mean in saying that it isn't precise. I can precisely aim the reticle onto players and hit them. When I don't, I feel that it was my own fault, perhaps I flicked the thumbstick too hard or I wasn't focusing well enough. It would help me if you could  explain to me why I don't have this problem  while you do. 

Just lol

it is widely known that halo 3 aiming is shit compared to all the rest. It just wasnt known to you. Considered urself informed now. 

• Like (+1) 2

This is what happens when there are no events happening. 

:lxthul:

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, El Vortex said:

This is what happens when there are no events happening. 

:lxthul:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c5231917955454a73

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Adding Sprint to Halo games has the same effect as removing Sprint from games like Call of Duty.  

When you force in features that dont fit in a game just because that's what your contemporaries are doing, then you have to change the design of your game to accommodate. That's why Reach and onwards don't feel like Halo games to many people.

I was just thinking that since halo infinite more than likely is gonna have sprint, do you think having the no regen while sprinting thing from h5, but allow people to shoot instantly out of it so it still feels guns always up like classic games would work better or worse?

35 minutes ago, Llamaas said:

I was just thinking that since halo infinite more than likely is gonna have sprint, do you think having the no regen while sprinting thing from h5, but allow people to shoot instantly out of it so it still feels guns always up like classic games would work better or worse?

Halo 5 sprint is definitely the best I've seen. The no regen adds a lot and instantly shooting out of it at least feels smooth. Going from that to H4 where there's a massive delay  shows how much better h5 handles it. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

Im curious... What would you guys like to see return in Infinite for the primary? Pistol or BR? Im sure I know the answer, but I figure I would ask anyway.

The BR is iconic and 4-ing someone feels good, but theres something about the pistol in H5 that feels real good to me especially when you 5 someone. 

Also this isnt meant to be a deep dive into bullet spread, projectile vs hitscan, or any of that. Simply a 4-shot BR or 5-shot pistol question.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MUSE_iC said:

Im curious... What would you guys like to see return in Infinite for the primary? Pistol or BR? Im sure I know the answer, but I figure I would ask anyway.

The BR is iconic and 4-ing someone feels good, but theres something about the pistol in H5 that feels real good to me especially when you 5 someone. 

Also this isnt meant to be a deep dive into bullet spread, projectile vs hitscan, or any of that. Simply a 4-shot BR or 5-shot pistol question.

Pistol or DMR, easily.

• Like (+1) 4

Still have the firm belief that they'll either do a 6 shot Magnum with 15 bullet magazine and a faster firerate, or a BR that functions similarly to the H5 one. Or they could do both.

9 minutes ago, MUSE_iC said:

Totally depends on what they do with each weapon.  H3 BR vs H5 pistol?  Pistol no question.  H2 BR vs H3 pistol, H2 BR obviously.  

I'm not overly fussy on what the weapon is (I'll take a carbine if it's decent enough), so long as we start the game with a precision weapon and NO GOD DAMN ARs FOR COMPETITIVE.  I realized working on this video (that'll be out in like an hour) that TWO World Championships were played with ARs as starting weapons.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like a BR but the spread is tight so it acts more similar to a single shot like pistol/dmr. I think the BR is just too iconic to not make it the main weapon in a game as important as infinite.

Here it is!  The first of (hopefully) two parts on the development of Halo 5 competitive. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Fire (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Llamaas said:

If sprint is in it, it doesn't deserve to have "Halo" in the title.

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, Llamaas said:

Hey guys. I was wondering your opinion on sprint. Other than just "it sucks and isnt halo", what part of it do you not like? the speed change, not being able to shoot instantly? For me its not being able to shoot.

While playing it's not being able to shoot. BUT! The speed change brings on a wealth of issues that makes me dislike that part of it the most while not playing. And I just don't have any fun while sprinting around. Only games that I've really had fun sprinting around in is Battlefield: BC2, & Destiny(PvE).

If Infinite does have sprint in it from launch I think I'll finally be done with Halo(unless MCC retains a large part of the player base).

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Infinite does have sprint in it from launch I think I'll finally be done with Halo(unless MCC retains a large part of the player base).

I honestly feel the same. If I see another sprintyboi Halo I'm done.

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

My brother is so old school he still calls LAN "System Link"

Lowkey, those words threw me back lmao. And it's not even old. RIP the days of each game possessing it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Llamaas said:

I'd like a BR but the spread is tight so it acts more similar to a single shot like pistol/dmr. I think the BR is just too iconic to not make it the main weapon in a game as important as infinite.

Tbf the pistol itself is pretty iconic with HCE. I think its one of the reasons I would like them to go with it for Infinite it just reminds me of CE. 

4 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

Totally depends on what they do with each weapon.  H3 BR vs H5 pistol?  Pistol no question.  H2 BR vs H3 pistol, H2 BR obviously.  

Yeah I meant the H5 pistol. I know most wont agree whether it be due to TTK, range, or how it effects the weapon sandbox, but I find the H5 pistol 5-shots to kill to be perfect just like the BR and its 4-shots to kill.

Someone over at r/Halo has been working on a menu concept for Infinite and I think it looks pretty nice.

^ Thats pretty cool that reddit posts embed.

5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I honestly feel the same. If I see another sprintyboi Halo I'm done.

Oof then there'd only be like 5 people left playing Halo in ANZ.