CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Doesn't really answer my query.

Why do you even play Halo or post here? It seems you dislike pretty much every single game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, AirKick said:

You just really drag down this thread. It’s not even fun/interesting to converse with you.  I come to this thread still quite a bit and literally just see walls of text from you against everybody in here. It’s exhausting and I’m not even apart of it. So maybe you can take all your thoughts to the Infinite thread to help “shape” the future games. 

Just use the block user function. Trying to reason with someone who has a pony avatar is like trying to pin down a kangaroo on a trampoline. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darkstar said:

Why do you even play Halo or post here? It seems you dislike pretty much every single game. 

I post here because it's interesting hearing what people have to say past the obvious "go team", or the like. Or I like getting my points out, either or. Anddddd, that's "kinda" true. I don't hate every game, I just find most have flaws (That I ramble on), but I enjoy the atmosphere, or the smoothness of gameplay, or do find and like what some Halos did enough to play them more than other shooters. I could rant on great things I love in the Halos I do play. It's not really relevant here, though, lmao, given most of my likes extend to outside of Halo 3.

Just do what I do, stop paying attention to opinions and arguments from people who are terrible at these games.  Makes your online Halo experience 100x better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Not that I really wish to argue with power, but how would a conversation on Halo 3's comp viability be relevant for the Infinite thread. Because that doesn't feel relevant to the game compared to the thread discussing the game being played competitively.

I can understand this POV and I understand competitive Halo is dry for the foreseeable future, however there have been frequent large posts in this thread recently regarding Halo 3 and it's merits and they seem to be going nowhere. The Master Chief Collection thread might be a better place for these more in depth discussions but I feel that it has run it's course in this thread. I won't be removing the posts because, as stated, the scene is dry at the moment but please try and squash them down if you're posting them in here or take them to another thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In Halo 3, your gun doesn't work or shoot straight.

In Halo 5, you can't aim properly, so whether your gun works or not is irrelevant. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Joseph said:

What event did you go pro at? :simms:

I'll have you know I won one FFA Competitiion hosted by some university game community that I can't even remember. When do I get my pro tag.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Sometimes dealing with other Halo enthusiasts can be frustrating.
But the cream will always rise to the top.

giphy.gif 

ANZ is garbo at Halo but we make it up with the shitpoasts about Halo.  What does EU do?

15 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

ANZ is garbo at Halo but we make it up with the shitpoasts about Halo.  What does EU do?

nOSXUa2.png

• Simms (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

In Halo 3, your gun doesn't work or shoot straight.

In Halo 5, you can't aim properly, so whether your gun works or not is irrelevant. 

H3 aiming is just as fucked you just don't have to worry about the movement and angles that h5 had. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

H3 aiming is just as fucked you just don't have to worry about the movement and angles that h5 had. 

H3s aiming changes dependent on ping? News to me.

27 minutes ago, Hxrshly said:

H3s aiming changes dependent on ping? News to me.

Allegedly now it actually does. Tommy kost is pretty knowledgeable and he believes this is now the case and talks about it in one of his yt vids

tho h3 aiming is fucked irregardless of that

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Joseph said:

What event did you go pro at? :simms:

Don't have to be a professional in order to be an extremely strong player in classic Halo games kid.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If  the aiming is consistent and you can't get comfortable with it, you're just not good at it, simple as that. There's no other explanation. You have a system which works the same every single time and you can't master it, which is fine, but blaming your inability to aim on the aiming being "bad" doesn't work. Maybe there was a point to be made in Halo 5 where we knew latency could very much fuck with your aiming (and even then, I think many people overplayed it, but it depends on your connection), but not anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

42 minutes ago, Awful Jake said:

If  the aiming is consistent and you can't get comfortable with it, you're just not good at it, simple as that. There's no other explanation. You have a system which works the same every single time and you can't master it, which is fine, but blaming your inability to aim on the aiming being "bad" doesn't work. Maybe there was a point to be made in Halo 5 where we knew latency could very much fuck with your aiming (and even then, I think many people overplayed it, but it depends on your connection), but not anymore. 

No one said they couldn't aim. It's just a shit system. If a game has a consistent 5 seconds of input delay what would you say? It's consistent so you can't complain right? Guess you're just not good if you can't master it right? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

No one said they couldn't aim. It's just a shit system. If a game has a consistent 5 seconds of input delay what would you say? It's consistent so you can't complain right? Guess you're just not good if you can't master it right? 

The very fact that I (and many others) don't really feel or agree with  the things you claim about the aiming system demonstrates that your feelings about the aiming are nothing more than opinions. Thus, you coming back every other page to so confidently claim the aiming is "shit" as it there is a complete official objective guide to what makes aiming "good" is very strange to me and implies heavily to me that you are complaining about the aiming as a result of your discomfort with it in game.

If I felt that grenades were too bouncy, I would not post that the grenades in H3 are designed terribly, I would simply recognize that the grenade design is perhaps not to my preference and adjust my grenade throwing accordingly because the game offers me the ability to master it. You cannot speak as if something is objective when you can clearly observe that its not by the fact that others don't feel the same way. 

Just because something is unintuitive to you doesn't mean it is bad.

• Downvote (-1) 2

2 minutes ago, Awful Jake said:

The very fact that I (and many others) don't really feel or agree with  the things you claim about the aiming system demonstrates that your feelings about the aiming are nothing more than opinions. Thus, you coming back every other page to so confidently claim the aiming is "shit" as it there is a complete official objective guide to what makes aiming "good" is very strange to me and implies heavily to me that you are complaining about the aiming as a result of your discomfort with it in game.

If I felt that grenades were too bouncy, I would not post that the grenades in H3 are designed terribly, I would simply recognize that the grenade design is perhaps not to my preference and adjust my grenade throwing accordingly because the game offers me the ability to master it. You cannot speak as if something is objective when you can clearly observe that its not by the fact that others don't feel the same way. 

Just because something is unintuitive to you doesn't mean it is bad.

There's a reason most people switched to modern. Yea there is no universal statements that's life. So what then? Everything is an opinion and nothing can be proven. So what do we do? What's the point in arguing anything? 

Halo 3 has a bad aim system from a mechanical standpoint. It's not precise. Precision should be the goal of your aim system. Etch a sketch aiming isn't precise. Having diagonal aiming be 10x faster than any other direction on top of strange accel curves isn't great. 

On to halo 5 aiming. The very fact that I (and many others) don't really feel or agree with  the things you claim about the aiming system demonstrates that your feelings about the aiming are nothing more than opinions. See how that works? Is this what arguments are going to boil down to? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Don't have to be a professional in order to be an extremely strong player in classic Halo games kid.

oof :wutface:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

There's a reason most people switched to modern. Yea there is no universal statements that's life. So what then? Everything is an opinion and nothing can be proven. So what do we do? What's the point in arguing anything? 

Halo 3 has a bad aim system from a mechanical standpoint. It's not precise. Precision should be the goal of your aim system. Etch a sketch aiming isn't precise. Having diagonal aiming be 10x faster than any other direction on top of strange accel curves isn't great. 

On to halo 5 aiming. The very fact that I (and many others) don't really feel or agree with  the things you claim about the aiming system demonstrates that your feelings about the aiming are nothing more than opinions. See how that works? Is this what arguments are going to boil down to? 

Some things are objective. I already stated that Halo 5 is different for example because it is widely known that it is factually inconsistent depending on networking conditions. You seemed to ignore that :(

I don't understand what you mean in saying that it isn't precise. I can precisely aim the reticle onto players and hit them. When I don't, I feel that it was my own fault, perhaps I flicked the thumbstick too hard or I wasn't focusing well enough. It would help me if you could  explain to me why I don't have this problem  while you do. 

16 hours ago, darkstar said:

To be fair, I haven't liked a Halo game for 12 years and I'm still here :wutface:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Awful Jake said:

Some things are objective. I already stated that Halo 5 is different for example because it is widely known that it is factually inconsistent depending on networking conditions. You seemed to ignore that :(

I don't understand what you mean in saying that it isn't precise. I can precisely aim the reticle onto players and hit them. When I don't, I feel that it was my own fault, perhaps I flicked the thumbstick too hard or I wasn't focusing well enough. It would help me if you could  explain to me why I don't have this problem  while you do. 

Look man if you can't see the flaws in halo 3 aiming that's great for you. But you can't possibly see allllllll the posts over the games lifetime and think that it isn't an issue. People have complained about halo 3 aiming since the game came out. And when Mcc launched it was a huge topic. And dude it's also thought that h3 aiming also changes due to connection so what's your point? Heavy aim in halo 5 is such a weird topic it's hard to separate fact from feeling. There are so many urban legends in games that people swear by so I'm not gonna take anything as fact. 

Bro if you think h3 aiming is precise with the jank diagonals and grid aiming then tell me why more people are playing modern over classic? If it's so precise then why would people remove all that muscle memory just to learn a new system? And once again I never said I was struggling with the game. Stop using that as an argument. It's just not very precise. 

Hey guys. I was wondering your opinion on sprint. Other than just "it sucks and isnt halo", what part of it do you not like? the speed change, not being able to shoot instantly? For me its not being able to shoot.

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1