Jump to content
CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, theslatcher said:

Your rent that bad?

Vancouver real estate man. Worse than Toronto, LA and as bad as the bay area.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Shekkles said:

$1360 p/m

That's more than what Ninja makes in a month.

  • Simms (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just your daily reminder that the H3 projectile system/registration is hot garbage online and on LAN, and the people who had a hand in developing, coding, or approving it, should have a lifetime ban from producing video games. :)

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, 72826 said:

Just your daily reminder that the H3 projectile system/registration is hot garbage online and on LAN, and the people who had a hand in developing, coding, or approving it, should have a lifetime ban from producing video games. :)

 

Just lead. ;)

  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, 72826 said:

Just your daily reminder that the H3 projectile system/registration is hot garbage online and on LAN, and the people who had a hand in developing, coding, or approving it, should have a lifetime ban from producing video games. :)

Joke's on you, that game went on to be revered as one of, if not the best Halo game ever, for some reason.

  • Salt (-1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Joke's on you, that game went on to be revered as one of, if not the best Halo game ever, for some reason.

Because one aspect of the game being frustrating doesn't mean it's bad?  MCC CE has the same issue online and I don't see the torches out for that. And if that's what we're judging it by then 4&5 would be better than 3 just because they have hitscan BRs.  

 

Yes it's annoying, but don't act like that's all there is to the game. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Trespa5s said:

 And if that's what we're judging it by then 4&5 would be better than 3 just because they have hitscan BRs.   

There it is

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Because one aspect of the game being frustrating doesn't mean it's bad?  MCC CE has the same issue online and I don't see the torches out for that. And if that's what we're judging it by then 4&5 would be better than 3 just because they have hitscan BRs.  

 

Yes it's annoying, but don't act like that's all there is to the game. 

Halo's a first person shooter. When first person shooting is hot garbage, that's pretty bad. Can't get your genre defining feature to work, intentionally mind you. Never forget Halo 3 was intentionalMCC CE also does suck for that, too yeah, but Halo 3 was the topic. And yeah, 4&5 in spite of their flaws are leagues ahead already because your gun actually works. Halo 5 definitely when it's a 100% guaranteed success rate, barring unintended glitches. Doesn't say much for Halo in general, and isn't meant to, but yeah. It's not just annoying, it's debilitating, lmao.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Halo's a first person shooter. When first person shooting is hot garbage, that's pretty bad. Can't get your genre defining feature to work, intentionally mind you. Never forget Halo 3 was intentionalMCC CE also does suck for that, too yeah, but Halo 3 was the topic. And yeah, 4&5 in spite of their flaws are leagues ahead already because your gun actually works. Halo 5 definitely when it's a 100% guaranteed success rate, barring unintended glitches. Doesn't say much for Halo in general, and isn't meant to, but yeah. It's not just annoying, it's debilitating, lmao.

I'll give you that they have a head start, but 4 quickly crashes and burns after that.  Loadouts, no descope, the guns sound like toys, shitty maps.  5 is actually decent and I like the game, but on that's because on both titles I'm comparing the competitive settings.  Base H3 drives me nuts the same way spartan charge/gp does.  Not to mention 5 had/has a weird aiming glitch that meant your movements weren't consistent and you would look more/less in a direction at random (which is in the same vain as the H3 BR being hitscan considering it hinders your shooting). 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Trespa5s said:

I'll give you that they have a head start, but 4 quickly crashes and burns after that.  Loadouts, no descope, the guns sound like toys, shitty maps.  5 is actually decent and I like the game, but on that's because on both titles I'm comparing the competitive settings.  Base H3 drives me nuts the same way spartan charge/gp does.  Not to mention 5 had/has a weird aiming glitch that meant your movements weren't consistent and you would look more/less in a direction at random (which is in the same vain as the H3 BR being hitscan considering it hinders your shooting). 

O....kay that really doesn't have much to do with the fact Halo 3 still fails at its fundamental job of being a first person shooter, which was my main point. My only reason for comparison was the prior comparison only going off of the guns you're given, and how consistent they are, which aids in the game's performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

O....kay that really doesn't have much to do with the fact Halo 3 still fails at its fundamental job of being a first person shooter, which was my main point. My only reason for comparison was the prior comparison only going off of the guns you're given, and how consistent they are, which aids in the game's performance.

Your initial point was that it was odd that H3 is considered "one of the best halo titles for some reason".  So to determine that you would have to compare it to the others and I'm explaining why, despite it's annoying BR, it's still better than the last two iterations we've gotten and that it's not the only game in the series to have issues with projectile weapons. 

Share this post


Link to post

Idk why I come back to see this forum. Same arguments, same trolls. Making it really hard to stay interested.  Been watching/exploring the CoD pro scene more and it’s a breathe of fresh air.  As a Halo community we just need to remain humble and stop trolling all the time.  I would have posted this whenever this forum update happened but I forgot my password haha. Any word on team changes from last event other than Eco/Royal 2?

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Trespa5s said:

Your initial point was that it was odd that H3 is considered "one of the best halo titles for some reason".  So to determine that you would have to compare it to the others and I'm explaining why, despite it's annoying BR, it's still better than the last two iterations we've gotten and that it's not the only game in the series to have issues with projectile weapons. 

Yeah, I said I find it odd that it's considered the best (both in general and competitively) when it fails in shooting performance so miserably, the key to the genre's name. The other Halos could all be dogshit and still wouldn't make Halo 3 a good game because of it, nor worthy of praise. Again, the BR isn't just annoying, it's debilitating on any competitive level, lol. And it's intentionally designed that way, and was never truly fixed. That's outright worse than the last two Halos we've gotten in terms of pure performance there. If we're gonna compare them overall, the other two are still leagues ahead, even with their flaws. Most flaws from the newer Halos are extraneous to your gun and gunskill, like abilities, or sprint, and so the issues you get from them are there, but it's nowhere near as impactful as a truly garbage spawn weapon that eliminates individuality, increases the already stupid effectiveness of power weapons, and removes skill from the equation in any extended range gunfight. Fundamental things are being tampered with in that case that even sprint wouldn't hold a candle to.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, I said I find it odd that it's considered the best (both in general and competitively) when it fails in shooting performance so miserably, the key to the genre's name. The other Halos could all be dogshit and still wouldn't make Halo 3 a good game because of it, nor worthy of praise. Again, the BR isn't just annoying, it's debilitating on any competitive level, lol. And it's intentionally designed that way, and was never truly fixed. That's outright worse than the last two Halos we've gotten in terms of pure performance there. If we're gonna compare them overall, the other two are still leagues ahead, even with their flaws. Most flaws from the newer Halos are extraneous to your gun and gunskill, like abilities, or sprint, and so the issues you get from them are there, but it's nowhere near as impactful as a truly garbage spawn weapon that eliminates individuality, increases the already stupid effectiveness of power weapons, and removes skill from the equation in any extended range gunfight. Fundamental things are being tampered with in that case that even sprint wouldn't hold a candle to.

Please stop or at least start posting in the Infinite thread.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Please stop or at least start posting in the Infinite thread.

Not that I really wish to argue with power, but how would a conversation on Halo 3's comp viability be relevant for the Infinite thread. Because that doesn't feel relevant to the game compared to the thread discussing the game being played competitively.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Not that I really wish to argue with power, but how would a conversation on Halo 3's comp viability be relevant for the Infinite thread. Because that doesn't feel relevant to the game compared to the thread discussing the game being played competitively.

You just really drag down this thread. It’s not even fun/interesting to converse with you.  I come to this thread still quite a bit and literally just see walls of text from you against everybody in here. It’s exhausting and I’m not even apart of it. So maybe you can take all your thoughts to the Infinite thread to help “shape” the future games. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, AirKick said:

You just really drag down this thread. It’s not even fun/interesting to converse with you.  I come to this thread still quite a bit and literally just see walls of text from you against everybody in here. It’s exhausting and I’m not even apart of it. So maybe you can take all your thoughts to the Infinite thread to help “shape” the future games. 

Doesn't really answer my query.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.