CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

18 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

That team was already a contender. It was Zurka & Fantazys first major 4V4 LAN.

Now they could probably push Tox to the limit.

Seems like this was the most likely move. Fantasy played really well in the 2v2 at ATL and Gab and Goofy have obviously proven themselves on LAN multiple times before. If one of your players is a LAN question mark and Eco becomes a F/A you definitely want to make that move.

And on Eco's side you know that Goofy and the ATL 2v2 champs have no intention of placing outside of the top 3 again and you get to be that missing piece.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I couldn’t see the clip because it wasn’t in the Hardcore playlist against lvl 10+ players. What happened?

Whoosh. I get the comment's point, but it doesn't work with the context provided. Having to explain this post to someone else who didn't get this was nutty as a result, lmao. Seriously, rather than being snarky, argue. If ya think I'm wrong, I want to hear it. I don't wanna hear a baseless remark that is just passive aggressive and adds nothing. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

The point that only high level players can have entertaining content is a shit opinion.

My grandmother told me a long time ago "never take on a debate with someone of low standard because the audience can't differentiate the two".

I'm replying only because I've ignored you and your magical powers said no. This is to cure my frustration. I also fed you some attention so this was a win-win.

• Simms (+1) 1

Just now, Knighty Knight said:

The point that only high level players can have entertaining content is a shit opinion.

My grandmother told me a long time ago "never take on a debate with someone of low standard because the audience can't differentiate the two".

I'm replying only because I've ignored you and your magical powers said no. This is to cure my frustration. I also fed you some attention so this was a win-win.

Exceeeeeeeeeeeeept my argument wasn't saying only high level players have entertaining content. What's entertaining to people varies and is subjective as hell, and it's obvious what we enjoy differs, and I don't honestly care about it when it's next to irrelevant to me and my actual points. I said high level plays in proper environments are the only ones that "matter" or have weight, regardless of how much one is entertained, such as DGA's tournament highlights. Basically, I'm arguing the inherent quality of something, not how much it makes someone "happy", and how praising an undeserving thing will devalue another thing of actual high quality in that same category because of standards set therein. Something you can measure and debate the merits of. I lowkey can't believe we're in a day and age where we defend smurfing clips, or do get into these debates over them. Enjoy them all you want, go nuts, doesn't bother me, and never will, but that doesn't make it good content, lol.

First off, my reaction to this debate:

Image result for michael jackson popcorn gif

Second, all I'm going to say is that if you think the H3 sniper is easy in ANY sense I doubt you've played many other shooters in your life. 

8 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

all I'm going to say is that if you think the H3 sniper is easy in ANY sense I doubt you've played many other shooters in your life. 

In the context of console shooters, or even in the context of the sandbox, it's still easy to use. The aim patch just made it less clunky, which takes off even more of its difficulty. I find it more difficult to use a snipe weapon when the enemy can ping at me, so I have to find better angles or try hipfire more often. Firing at unsuspecting players is a constant negative in every shooter, but the games where you can fight back makes the use of sniper weapons a challenge.

Can we get this thread back on track please? So anyways what are you guys paying for your rent? Also, I thear that Ninja guy is doing pretty well these days. I think he used to play Halo or something.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Reading this thread nowadays reminds me of a (mildly edited) quote from Red vs. Blue:

"You know what, I miss the old H4 days, when we just argued about boltshots, and you guys were all just a bunch of nameless @$$holes I would yell at with Coachmayne."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hully said:

Can we get this thread back on track please? So anyways what are you guys paying for your rent? Also, I thear that Ninja guy is doing pretty well these days. I think he used to play Halo or something.

Don’t you EVER come in here and try to strong arm this forum in the direction you want. I’ll have you know that I’m 6’4” and FULLY tatted, and there is a whole community people just like me who won’t be pushed around. Not even for 12k a year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 8

3 hours ago, 72826 said:

Don’t you EVER come in here and try to strong arm this forum in the direction you want. I’ll have you know that I’m 6’4” and FULLY tatted, and there is a whole community people just like me who won’t be pushed around. Not even for 12k a year.

How about 13k a year?

Thumbless opponents or not, I think we can all agree these were some nasty shots

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Exposed.

Yeah, that's what I thought, lol.

19 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Thumbless opponents or not, I think we can all agree these were some nasty shots

Nasty is an understatement.

Does anyone have a link to the full schedule and list of Microsoft 2v2’s? I tried forever last night but couldn’t find it.

also do they post the winners from each one anywhere?

not enough love for skillshot's yt channel. they're starting to upload the gameplay but have some good interview with people lik

@GoldenboyFTW:

Spoiler

and walshy:

Spoiler

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Can I 1v1 Baker for his rookie contract salary?

Your rent that bad?

• Like (+1) 3