CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, valaea said:

dam son

Meh. Not that hard.....not very easy.....but not that impressive.....moving on to #4 tho......

• Like (+1) 5
  • Simms (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

What isn't talked on here is that he's on a goddamn alt, lmao. Biggest joke.

???????????

3 hours ago, valaea said:

dam son

At the 29 second mark he opens his Xbox menu. Can someone explain to me how the menu is all blacked out like that? It looks awesome and I want it, but as far as I can tell the darkest I can make the menu system on the Xbox One is basically a darkish kind of grey.

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hully said:

At the 29 second mark he opens his Xbox menu. Can someone explain to me how the menu is all blacked out like that? It looks awesome and I want it, but as far as I can tell the darkest I can make the menu system on the Xbox One is basically a darkish kind of grey.

High contrast 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Exidrion said:

why exactly is it a joke to you? 

The clip was on an alt against kids who hadn't even broke rank 10, yet, lol. And it's being touted as "one of the best clips" he's ever gotten. Basically why. Somehow a Killpoc on kid's outside your skill bracket's amazing, now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 3

all of the smurfs in all of H3 MLG (2008-2010) and no one ever got anything higher than a jaro ... even the bad players in hardcore playlists are pretty good

• Upvote (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The clip was on an alt against kids who hadn't even broke rank 10, yet, lol. And it's being touted as "one of the best clips" he's ever gotten. Basically why. Somehow a Killpoc on kid's outside your skill bracket's amazing, now.

but like, a lot of those kids were shooting at him, and mechanically those were some nice shots. He got a tastrophe on 4 players.

Seems a bit harsh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

You are literally never satisfied. 

Someone could hit a naire while running a flag and you would still find a reason to criticize, lol.

• Fire (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

but like, a lot of those kids were shooting at him, and mechanically those were some nice shots. He got a tastrophe on 4 players.

Seems a bit harsh.

Mechanically, "eh". Rockets aren't hard, and Halo 3's sniper is nothing to really hype up. Mechanically, it's what I'd expect from someone who grinds the game for a long time. Especially on a map with spawns like Pit's. Maybe it is harsh, but I don't think so, really. I just get annoyed by it. Obviously, I'm not trying to attack the dude and call him any sort of name, I just think the clip's validity as the best clip ever in one's career is overblown and a joke given its context. 

2 minutes ago, darkstar said:

You are literally never satisfied. 

Someone could hit a naire while running a flag and you would still find a reason to criticize, lol.

As I said, I'm fine watching DGA clips because it's actual competitive match highlights. Not people pubstomping on alts, lol. Even if the games are easy, or have some cheese, it is actually engaging watching good players get good kills on other good players. I rarely criticize it outside of the obvious because what I do criticize has nothing to do, or rarely has anything to do with the fact it's a good clip in those cases. In this case, it's a good clip made possible through some dumb bullshit over just one's skill. I don't think it's unreasonable to question someone bragging about a Killpoc when again, two people in this clip didn't break a legitimate rank 10. 

I'll be satisfied with good clips, not clips from someone who thinks they're good or gets excited while on an alt, playing at a skill level well below their legitimate one.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 6

There is a difference between clips on those players and the people who struggle to move and shoot at the same time. Also if the H3 sniper is easy enough not to hype at least some of those shots at least go hit a jaro on 4 players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, valaea said:

stop feeding the troll, guys

Passing off someone going against the grain as a troll isn't an automatic debunking of their argument, and means nothing. Stop using weak statements to try and stifle conversation, lmao. 

25 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

There is a difference between clips on those players and the people who struggle to move and shoot at the same time. Also if the H3 sniper is easy enough not to hype at least some of those shots at least go hit a jaro on 4 players.

Me saying the sniper is easy isn't me saying I'll get a killpoc off the bat because of it. And I don't need to for the sniper to be easy in the same way I don't need to in H2A for that to be easy as dicks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Passing off someone going against the grain as a troll isn't an automatic debunking of their argument, and means nothing. Stop using weak statements to try and stifle conversation, lmao. 

Me saying the sniper is easy isn't me saying I'll get a killpoc off the bat because of it. And I don't need to for the sniper to be easy in the same way I don't need to in H2A for that to be easy as dicks. 

Seeing as your the first person I've seen so adamant the H3 sniper is easy can you show how it's easy? It's not the hardest thing to do well in an Fps, not by a long shot, but it's still harder than most. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Seeing as your the first person I've seen so adamant the H3 sniper is easy can you show how it's easy? It's not the hardest thing to do well in an Fps, not by a long shot, but it's still harder than most. 

More so comes from playing it, lol. I guess I could record some of the obnoxious no scopes and the like. I've gotten many. But it's not really something you see as much as you feel. Like Halo 5's aiming in tournaments if ya feel me. 

15 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Who hurt you, Ice?

Egos and shitty Halos, mostly.

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/exuberant-umbra/video/68223645

Here, was literally just me spree shooting people from the hip, lmao. Even off of vehicles. Didn't miss a single bullet. It's not hard at all, lmao. Again, I still think it's more so something you feel over something you see. I have a second clip on Guardian, too, where I was just bodying people with the snipe from the hip. I would post it but I doubt it'll be up for a while because I'm playing while it uploads, lmao.

• Salt (-1) 1

Please stop engaging the with TheSaltPrincess. It's pointless and shits up the thread with asinine bs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Can we take a second to appreciate that the person complaining about this clip recorded a triple kill on a full Warthog with a Spartan Laser?

Come on mate, at least be consistent. 

It wasn't full, she kills someone behind the warthog with the shot as well. I'm assuming that's why it was recorded.

Regardless, this conversation is asinine and should not continue. Hopefully there will be a couple of pages deleted by the morning so no one else has to read any of it.

22 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Can we take a second to appreciate that the person complaining about this clip recorded a triple kill on a full Warthog with a Spartan Laser?

Come on mate, at least be consistent. 

You can't look at someone's clips and just assume why they record it lol. Sometimes there's a reason or something specific they captured it for. Relax. The difference would be if someone posted a clip to the public. 

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

You can't look at someone's clips and just assume why they record it lol. Sometimes there's a reason or something specific they captured it for. Relax. The difference would be if someone posted a clip to the public. 

Hence the edit to remove it as I realized it serves no purpose and is just going to turn another argument that fizzles into nothing and starts again for some other reason in 3 days time, as it is written in the scriptures. 

• Like (+1) 2