FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

OT, but does anyone have the Req-card style picture of Ogre2?  Looking for it for the video but can't find it for the life of me. 

can anyone point me to a H3 jump map on MCC? I see Royal 2 and others playing them a lot but don't know where to look or who's fileshare

6 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

baker mayfield just retweeted bubu. it's a glorious year for h3 thus far

Hah, pretty cool. 

10 hours ago, valaea said:

I just want to be 100% clear, you're saying that Aries is a better player than Kevin Smith?  that is an amazing take.  Aries had one good series at a tournament with a handful of good teams, but okay

Here is the clarity: I am saying that Aries is a better fit on Denial than Eco would be, in my opinion. Your assessment that Aries had “one good series at a tournament with a handful of good teams” is accurate, but the implication is misleading. He played well enough in a team game to get them into the grand finals and take it to a second series. That’s more consistent play than just “one good series”.

Do I think Aries is a better Halo player than Eco? ok. How are we assessing what makes one Halo player better than another? Tournament wins? If that’s the case then Destin is a better Halo player than Naded because he has won a tournament and Naded has not. Present an objective standard for assessment of Halo players and then we can have the discussion about who is better than who. Otherwise it’s just subjective and I’m not going to dive into that.

Until then, Eco wouldn’t fit as well on Denial as Aries does; and, Aries has gotten the shaft and is constantly slept on by people, which grosses me out. 

Hope that that clears things up. :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Can anybody confirm the the tag "Victory is Back" is Victory x. If so ive been matching him a lot. Made it my mission to shut him out every game lol. He floating down here in the 20s as of yesterday. Dude was dropping 35 bombs on my team just pooping on them.

50 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Can anybody confirm the the tag "Victory is Back" is Victory x. If so ive been matching him a lot. Made it my mission to shut him out every game lol. He floating down here in the 20s as of yesterday. Dude was dropping 35 bombs on my team just pooping on them.

Yeah, I think so. "Victory is Back" is a member of the Spartan Company "The Ninja Army" and that is Ninjas original clan. And in  his old clips on the content browser there are some old pros playing with him (like FiS).

54 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Is the Back capitalized as BACK?

31 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Is the Back capitalized as BACK?

Yup

On 1/26/2019 at 12:58 AM, valaea said:

SnakeBite had also mentioned that the player he would be replacing knew the situation going into the event, so there would be no hard feelings.

that's good, at least . . . obviously any other team would improve with the addition of Eco, I'd like to see Denial drop Aries maybe

Eco ran games with GMS in place of Zurka. Not sure if it's official or not, but they broke the news to Zurka on stream.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, mattyrums said:

Eco ran games with GMS in place of Zurka. Not sure if it's official or not, but they broke the news to Zurka on stream.

That team was already a contender. It was Zurka & Fantazys first major 4V4 LAN.

Now they could probably push Tox to the limit.

• Like (+1) 1

Matched against Bubu, Scarvayne, and Baker. With shooter in his GT I thought it was the actual Shooter. Then I saw on twitter it was Baker. They ripped us in Heretic Flag. He was actually pretty dang good. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mentalityy_TLC said:

Matched against Bubu, Scarvayne, and Baker. With shooter in his GT I thought it was the actual Shooter. Then I saw on twitter it was Baker. They ripped us in Heretic Flag. He was actually pretty dang good. 

Are they still running that dumbass Team Arena playlist, or was it actual Hardcore, lol.

13 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Are they still running that dumbass Team Arena playlist, or was it actual Hardcore, lol.

It’s hardcore for H3. All MLG gametypes 

• Like (+1) 1

I like the addition of Royal 2 back in TOX for obvious reasons. Denial shouldn’t drop anyone unless Dave Walsh himself re-emerges from the mist to compete. 

• Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mentalityy_TLC said:

It’s hardcore for H3. All MLG gametypes 

Ah, okie doke. Gucci.

18 minutes ago, valaea said:

dam son

What isn't talked on here is that he's on a goddamn alt, lmao. Biggest joke.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 4

On 1/26/2019 at 3:22 PM, TheIcePrincess said:

Ehhhhh, how is it better. Not to be pretentious, but I don't see why statting clips are acceptable compared to clips of competent players duking it out when the players they're against in social now are A.) oblivious, B.) being killed by one of the easiest weapons in the franchise that makes the map already unfun to play on, and C.) aren't in any competitive environment. If it isn't MLG/comp, why does it matter, lmao.

3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Ah, okie doke. Gucci.

What isn't talked on here is that he's on a goddamn alt, lmao. Biggest joke.

> Needs to be in MLG to matter

>Clip from MLG playlist

>Clip is a joke

>The clip didn't have players who couldn't move and shoot in it

>??????

C'mon

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

> Needs to be in MLG to matter

>Clip from MLG playlist

>Clip is a joke

>The clip didn't have players who couldn't move and shoot in it

>??????

C'mon

In that same post, I also said I'd criticize those who smurfed for clips, since I consider it to be on a similar level to social clipping, lmao. It's not like just because it's done in HC means all of the extra points I spoke on go out the window. I just consider HC to be the only playlist worth clipping. You can still do wrong by that standard, lol.

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

In that same post, I also said I'd criticize those who smurfed for clips, since I consider it to be on a similar level to social clipping, lmao. It's not like just because it's done in HC means all of the extra points I spoke on go out the window. I just consider HC to be the only playlist worth clipping. You can still do wrong by that standard, lol.

Those kids were shooting back well enough, and sometimes you need an alt just to get games in ranked MCC. 

24 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Those kids were shooting back well enough, and sometimes you need an alt just to get games in ranked MCC. 

"Well". One of their teammates went up the lift and didn't shoot at him when he was right in front of them, lol. That J Had kid is a rank 7. Erickpasivo is a rank 3. So already you have two people who're basically bots that you're clipping. Not alts, either. Legitimate players. And I get the alt situation with needing to play games. It's "fine", sometimes you do. But this account's rank is 13 at a max, and this clip was taken over 12 hours ago, while he was still playing and probably hadn't reached that yet. Someone getting a Killpoc against a lobby where half the players haven't even breached a legitimate 10, when you play at a higher skill level than 10 and saying it's "the best clip of your life" is something else, lol. I don't have an issue with using an alt to get games, I have an issue with clipping on kids you'll inevitably be playing against who're dramatically under your level of skill.

As I said in my other post too, I really do only watch DGA's tournament highlights and tages. Consistent high level play. I don't consider a Killpoc against half a team of bots while using power weapons (on an alt that contributes to this) to be high level, nor clip worthy. And it bothers me to see it getting praise when there's more to it than just a facevalue multikill.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 3