CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, thefro3po said:

Another Top 10 from the Man, the Myth, the Legend, Puckett

I love my man Puckett but why the fuck was number one an H2A snipe clip on Bloodline, lmao. What a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

SnakeBite had also mentioned that the player he would be replacing knew the situation going into the event, so there would be no hard feelings.

that's good, at least . . . obviously any other team would improve with the addition of Eco, I'd like to see Denial drop Aries maybe

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 6

36 minutes ago, valaea said:

SnakeBite had also mentioned that the player he would be replacing knew the situation going into the event, so there would be no hard feelings.

that's good, at least . . . obviously any other team would improve with the addition of Eco, I'd like to see Denial drop Aries maybe

Aries? Aries?! Jesus Christ. Miller is a grinder. He genuinely deserves the opportunity that he is currently getting on Denial. People have slept on him and shaded him for years and it grosses me out. I don’t think Denial will, or should, make a change. My guess is that Neighbor and Eco are a to2, tbh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Dude you really suggested Denial who came in 2nd after pushing Tox to a second bo5 drop someone? Jfc 

• Like (+1) 2

TBH Denial is probably the only team outside of Tox that wouldn't improve with Eco (at least if everyone plays like they did at STL). Aries might have been the best player in the venue in that first Grand Finals series, so I don't think he's at much risk of losing his spot.

Should be interesting to say the least.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm currently working on a mini-documentary/history of Halo 5's competitive scene.  I'm trying to think of any huge drama that happened but so far the only thing I can think of is the Lxthul/Snip3down incident.  What else was there?  (not just team changes, but full on beef between players).

It'll cover through the various events and changes the game went through.  The plan is to break it into two part, with part 1 covering 2015-HWC2017, and then post HWC2017- the end of H5 competitive in 2018.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

19 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

I'm currently working on a mini-documentary/history of Halo 5's competitive scene.  I'm trying to think of any huge drama that happened but so far the only thing I can think of is the Lxthul/Snip3down incident.  What else was there?  (not just team changes, but full on beef between players).

It'll cover through the various events and changes the game went through.  The plan is to break it into two part, with part 1 covering 2015-HWC2017, and then post HWC2017- the end of H5 competitive in 2018.  

Off the top of my head, the venue for the HWC 2017 and the beef between Ryanoob & Spartan.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Stellur & E6.

Optic releasing their roster to pick up the CLG roster hours before the start of pro league.

Cratos/Showtime submitting a fake roster with bubu dubu on it to keep a pro league spot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 5

11 hours ago, bunniesz23 said:

TBH Denial is probably the only team outside of Tox that wouldn't improve with Eco (at least if everyone plays like they did at STL). Aries might have been the best player in the venue in that first Grand Finals series, so I don't think he's at much risk of losing his spot.

Should be interesting to say the least.

I agree Aries was playing incredible but Eco not improving a roster is bold..

He shocked the shit outta me in STL.

• Thonking (+0) 1

23 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I love my man Puckett but why the fuck was number one an H2A snipe clip on Bloodline, lmao. What a joke.

If you ever watched his top 10 you’d know he’d use clips like that all the time. I like it!  Better than just having MLG clips only. 

19 minutes ago, Gold said:

If you ever watched his top 10 you’d know he’d use clips like that all the time. I like it!  Better than just having MLG clips only. 

Ehhhhh, how is it better. Not to be pretentious, but I don't see why statting clips are acceptable compared to clips of competent players duking it out when the players they're against in social now are A.) oblivious, B.) being killed by one of the easiest weapons in the franchise that makes the map already unfun to play on, and C.) aren't in any competitive environment. If it isn't MLG/comp, why does it matter, lmao.

• Salt (-1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Ehhhhh, how is it better. Not to be pretentious, but I don't see why statting clips are acceptable compared to clips of competent players duking it out when the players they're against in social now are A.) oblivious, B.) being killed by one of the easiest weapons in the franchise that makes the map already unfun to play on, and C.) aren't in any competitive environment. If it isn't MLG/comp, why does it matter, lmao.

You're probably the type of person who'd talk down a kampy montage because his clips are in social slayer. You're taking it way too serious, it's all just for fun ya know.  

• Toxic (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Too Much Tuna said:

This is something the Halo social team needs to jump on. Get him at the next tournament. He'd bring a crazy amount of viewership to the franchise. 

• Fire (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gold said:

You're probably the type of person who'd talk down a kampy montage because his clips are in social slayer. You're taking it way too serious, it's all just for fun ya know.  

One can argue it's for fun, but I also believe if you're going to put effort into something for people to see, and to subsequently comment on, it should be done in a way that "matters" and takes effort to get content for. Not just taking an unarguably easier route out, while raking in the positivity and audience you'd get from something done with actual skill. Like, yeah, I'd criticize a social slayer montage as I would criticize people who make smurfs for montages, as I would also criticize easy clips, as seen here. You're not putting in the full work. You're going into an unranked, or deranked (Assuming you smurf) playlist and getting easy clips against people under your skill bracket, compared to those you get when you play with actual competition. 

Which brings me full circle. If it was truly just for fun, someone wouldn't be posting this (I know who did it) and act like it was a major achievement. Of course, if that were true, we also wouldn't live in a world where people dedicate themselves to montages and "sick" clips in anything but the actual competitive playlist in the game, but, yunnoooo, lol.

You didn't answer my question, though, or, rather I feel it was a pseudo cop out. Forgoing the idea that "it's all for fun", which it isn't really, given the context of the post, what makes these clips acceptable instead of clips from an HCS game? Why lower the standards. Why get excited about or praise a clip when someone is obviously playing out of their skill bracket (Acceptably in social) using a weapon that is probably as easy as it gets. I don't like rewarding a lack of effort. Making everyone special in that way just fucks over any good montage in the actual comp playlists. Like those we see from DGA after HCS tournies.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 3

I just went to Quaff on brewery in Indiana. Bartender noticed my Final Boss hoodie and said he liked it and didn't know Nike made those. We talked about how he watched MLG final boss back in the day. It was glorious and reinvigorated my love for Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

16 hours ago, 72826 said:

Aries? Aries?! Jesus Christ. Miller is a grinder. He genuinely deserves the opportunity that he is currently getting on Denial. People have slept on him and shaded him for years and it grosses me out. I don’t think Denial will, or should, make a change. My guess is that Neighbor and Eco are a to2, tbh.

I just want to be 100% clear, you're saying that Aries is a better player than Kevin Smith?  that is an amazing take.  Aries had one good series at a tournament with a handful of good teams, but okay

Weren't you also the guy who wasn't impressed at Frosty making CoD proleague when the rest your boy Eco and crew got last?

• Thonking (+0) 2

https://www.twitch.tv/bubudubu_

This geezer is streaming with Baker and Demon D

19 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Weren't you also the guy who wasn't impressed at Frosty making CoD proleague when the rest your boy Eco and crew got last?

yep, same guy.  Frosty being on a top 16 team is about what I expected; Splyce placing that badly is mind-boggling and really unexpected imo

in this case, thankfully I'm talking about Eco playing in H3 rather than CoD, so, yeah