CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, CyReN said:

this is pretty cool. i like the btb on mainstage. that should be fun. i am disappointed that there are only 6 teams competing for the h3 4v4 though. i was hoping there might be an online qual to get it to 8 or more teams. i dont like shutting out people from participating while trying to promote grassroots

• Like (+1) 1

that sounds like a lot of fun. love the idea of a rivalry playing out in front of us and snipedown vs lethul is a perfect first match up.

Snip3down vs Lethul will be awesome, and hopefully the BTB match will be as well. 

It's so cool to watch out-of-the-norm matchups instead of just Team A vs Team B all the time. Really makes me wonder why they stopped doing All-Star matches. East vs West in Halo 3 back in the day was so fun to watch.

• Fire (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JORGE said:

Snip3down vs Lethul will be awesome, and hopefully the BTB match will be as well.

I'm wayy more excited for this than I should be. Hoping for a 2v2 on Chiron

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, valaea said:

the greatest YT channel in the universe is back

LMAOOOO I was about to post this here, thanks man!

6 hours ago, Craneteam said:

i am disappointed that there are only 6 teams competing for the h3 4v4 though. i was hoping there might be an online qual to get it to 8 or more teams. i dont like shutting out people from participating while trying to promote grassroots

UGC OQs and LAN were the proving grounds that allowed you entrance. I personally believe top 6 is perfect for the number of talent right now.

27 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

UGC OQs and LAN were the proving grounds that allowed you entrance. I personally believe top 6 is perfect for the number of talent right now.

I could even make a case for T8, but nothing beyond that.  Otherwise half the matches would just be snoozefest 3-0s and a waste of everyone's time. 

There needs to be some more online FFA tournaments, I know UMG hosts some from time to time but it’d be dope if more started popping up to help pass time between LANs and give players from other regions like EU something to play in for the time being.

• Upvote (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PLaTaNo said:

There needs to be some more online FFA tournaments, I know UMG hosts some from time to time but it’d be dope if more started popping up to help pass time between LANs and give players from other regions like EU something to play in for the time being.

top streamer tournaments like in fortnite would be a great way to boost our scene online even though mcc lacks spectator. providing a substantial prize pool without any sort of ROI is a tough sell to companies

what's your take @Joseph

Anyone from Oklahoma want to do the store 2v2 with me :intensifies:

7 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

top streamer tournaments like in fortnite would be a great way to boost our scene online even though mcc lacks spectator. providing a substantial prize pool without any sort of ROI is a tough sell to companies

what's your take @Joseph

Spectator mode or bust. Doesn’t solve all of the problems, but atleast gives people a path to grow or easily create content. 

Pulling in large viewership without needing to setup a 7 figure prizepool LAN event is another story.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Spectator mode or bust. 

Is this something they have addressed at all?  I know we are for sure getting a custom game browser this year and I believe Dersky said they are looking into adding an experience based progression system as well.  However I have not seen Postums or anyone from 343 respond to Team Beyond's requests for an Open API & Observer Mode in MCC.

26 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Is this something they have addressed at all?  I know we are for sure getting a custom game browser this year and I believe Dersky said they are looking into adding an experience based progression system as well.  However I have not seen Postums or anyone from 343 respond to Team Beyond's requests for an Open API & Observer Mode in MCC.

iirc they “mentioned spec mode to the dev team” or something. Dersky may have commented about Open API at some point, but nothing indicating it’s in the works. 

These last few weeks have been a throwback in so many ways. I don't think anyone on earth has larger egos than mid-tier Halo 3 wannabes X )

Seriously though, I am so stoked for the Invitational and the rest of the events this season. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there going to be another 2v2 CE tournament alongside this one? Austin's my backyard so I'd love to go check it out.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Arftacular said:

Is there going to be another 2v2 CE tournament alongside this one? Austin's my backyard so I'd love to go check it out.

Nope. 

Me when Grassroots came out: I'm glad that we are moving to a system that builds a competitive base for eSports to be built on top of rather than just subsist on a completely developer driven tournament scene that evaporates entirely once dev support is gone.

Me this morning when comparing the 2019 Halo prize pools to the minimum $284k up for grabs in Farming Simulator eSports:apg:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 4