CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

JvddP05.jpg

So after picking away at this last night, I came up with this. If anyone has any questions shoot me a pm!

Announcing the Halo Trilogy Weekend Event! An online event spanning across all 3 games of the original trilogy.

The events consists of a CE 2v2 slayer tournament Friday, an H2C 4v4 variant tournament Saturday, and an H3 4v4 variant tournament Sunday.

Full details and rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fGt_u7tiJGqS1p2c_9SOsk4_aZp6YlTTzxmFRKPoiJI/edit?usp=sharing

Signups: https://goo.gl/forms/2Dh51kFb7GPhkW9B2

Wish i was off for that h2c one. Hopefully this works out so you can do another one. Scratch that gonna try to get my schedule changed for this lol
  • Upvote (+1) 2

https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1068380630914715649

I'm a little surprised I didn't see this posted here yet with all the aiming discussions we have. I think a could pages ago, people were "praising" H4 and H2A's aiming vs. the rest of the titles. If i'm reading this right - you might be able to have that option now.

This is hige news and potentially gamebreaking. Still im for it, as h3 is the worst aim system in the series.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

why would you write "'praising'", lol ... H4 had the best aiming in the series, easily

H2A's aiming was pretty god-tier, too. And, yunno, Halo 5's beta. Before they did whatever the fuck they did.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I like Citadel.

Like someone said, block off the shotgun hallways then add a few jump ups and it is surely the best option available

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think H5 is a different beast of spaghetti code, bad optimization and an engine so bad they completely abandoned it to start from scratch with Infinite.

The bigger question is: why did Bungie keep H3 aiming as it was, without giving us aim acceleration options and X/Y sensitivity if 343 can easily add those to 5 games within a few weeks? I'm guessing it's the same mix of arrogance and ignorance that also gave us BR spread, or they simply didn't care. I vividly remember people bitching about the H3 aim acceleration back in the day so it's not like it wasn't a requested feature.

H5's engine is undoubtedly a hot ass mess.  I have thought this whole time that they started on the Slipspace engine well before H5 released because they knew they couldn't keep nursing this edit of an edit of an edit of an edit of an edit of an engine rolling.  Not enough space for SKINS?? Massive, variable input lag on the controls that they couldn't figure out for a year and a half? Plastic looking textures. The only good thing that come out of it was the variable res to keep 60 FPS and it did that well, but i wouldnt be surprised if that system contributed to the control issues and it couldn't keep up with forge maps.

why would you write "'praising'", lol ... H4 had the best aiming in the series, easily

I think it has the best aiming of any console shooter ever.  H4 and H2A both feel so good to look around in. The only challenge to it might be Destiny if it was played at 60 FPS.

Somebody once told me our savior would be 343

I want to play Halo til I am dead

But I think H5 is kinda dumb, I sniped a spartan in his bum

And the game thought that it was his forehead

Well, the issues start coming and they don't stop coming

It's a year later I still see spartan's running

Remember when this game used to be so fun?

But radar's still in and that shit's so dumb

So much to shoot, cuz I can see

My enemy although he's behind me

Radar makes the game so slow

Remove it so Halo can grow

Hey now, you're a champion, 'cause you play the most

Hey now, you back smacked him, but your melee, was ghost

And somehow my teammate's ranked gold

Is this game that bad, or am I getting trolled?

I was so bored, so I thought I'd search alone

Match up against a team sitting in the same home

Up by 10 but the game begs to differ

Now I'm staring at a Left Fireteam picture

My patience here, is wearing pretty thin

Please tell me where are Team Liquid's skins?

Our forums are fire, how bout yours?

Making parodies of Halo because I am so bored...

Good times
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any prize for the winners?

Unfortunately not at the moment.  I don't have any money to put out and obviously this is just an independent thing.  Was mostly just to put together something fun for the community to do besides grinding out the Hardcore playlist for hours.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I guess he's sticking with CoD for sure then

in other, far more important news ... the Sudds have been playing H3 again  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I guess he's sticking with CoD for sure then

in other, far more important news ... the Sudds have been playing H3 again  :weback:

Then the Sudds need to give Frosty a... reality check  :cool:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hey guys. Long time no talk. So I came in here last year about what happened to my mother, and it finally caught up to her. This morning my mom passed away peacefully from complications. I started a GoFundMe campaign and I'm looking for some support being donations, or sharing my GoFundMe for my mom. If this post is not allowed in here I apologize, and you can remove it. I'm just lost right now. So I thought I would come here.

Here is the link to the GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/2gef5

Thanks guys! <3

The Halo community needs to have each other’s back. I chipped in for you brother. Keep your head up.

• Upvote (+1) 8

No, Blackout is trash no matter what you do to it. All the doorways are stretched to all hell and all the skilljumps that made Lockout so fun are all gone. That map is a lost cause lmao

Amen

• Upvote (+1) 1

So a question I haven't seen anyone ask or talk about. If you're playing on an Xbox One X do you still get frame drops at the start of games on MCC?

This sort of shit really annoys me. There's a big market for that type of merchandise and it's just sitting there in the MLG vaults.

Could be totally misremember, but I thought this was addressed by MLG that it was simply a lack of demand to not have their online store sell them? I would love for them to bring it back--I need to get some merch as well.

So a question I haven't seen anyone ask or talk about. If you're playing on an Xbox One X do you still get frame drops at the start of games on MCC?

Not that I've ever experienced. 

Tweeted it out but thought id post it here because its a crazy stat.

Based on pro league and LAN stats from 2016-2018

Events: 11

Least Deaths: 9

2nd Least Deaths: 2

Royal 2 has never been outside the top 2 least deaths in 11 events I've tracked with an average 9.84 deaths per game.

Im pretty sure if I checked KD and KDA it would be something similar also.

Did I have a stroke, or did 2 suddenly become higher than 9?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did I have a stroke, or did 2 suddenly become higher than 9?

9 events with the least deaths, 2 events with second least deaths. 

A

9 events with the least deaths, 2 events with second least deaths. 

Ahhh, derp.  Apparently I did just have a stroke. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't get frame drops, playing on an Xbox One X.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else want a Classic Halo World Championship with CE 2v2, H2 FFA, and H3 4v4?  

Maybe even throw in a little H2A 1v1 for the types who still think button combos are cheating?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else want a Classic Halo World Championship with CE 2v2, H2 FFA, and H3 4v4?

Maybe even throw in a little H2A 1v1 for the types who still think button combos are cheating?

I’d love something like this. I’ve mentioned it before a couple years ago but having a event based around the celebration of Halo and competitive halo is something I want. Have Halo CE 2v2, Halo 2 4v4, Halo 3 4v4 etc etc.

Smash does events with multiple smash games. I think a halo event with multiple halo games and a general celebration of Halo as a franchise would be a dream

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1