FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

Hard Way

Collaborative list of MCC MM settings that should be changed (Ongoing)

Also, if anybody has any suggestions for gametypes that belong in MM that currently aren't, please post them. I'm lacking a complete list of current MM gametypes, so I don't know what we're missing yet.

Great writeup, you're really doing the community a service and I hope 343 listens to you on this. Literally have nothing to add. I'm suprised they dropped the ball so hard on H4, it's their own game for christ sake and they just don't care about several maps having huge issues like weapons not respawning at all? Crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 Classic for Team Oddball (not sure if likewise for KotH), turn off Team Spawning.

Can you clarify Team Spawning? I think you’re talking about Respawn Time Modifier? I just looked at the Team Ball preset, and it has Inheritance on by default. Meaning the first guy to die gets his whole respawn time, and any subsequent deaths “inherit” his remaining respawn time. And yeah, if that shit is on, it’s gotta go.

As for Longest, I’m in favor of adding it, but I think Derelict is worthy of staying as well.

Can you clarify Team Spawning? I think you’re talking about Respawn Time Modifier? I just looked at the Team Ball preset, and it has Inheritance on by default. Meaning the first guy to die gets his whole respawn time, and any subsequent deaths “inherit” his remaining respawn time. And yeah, if that shit is on, it’s gotta go.

As for Longest, I’m in favor of adding it, but I think Derelict is worthy of staying as well.

Yup, that's exactly what I'm referring to. It's been in since the game came out and it's the most annoying thing in the world. Especially on Warlock.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Hard Way

See if there's a way to find out if the H3 modes in matchmaking have " Always Spawn on Team" on. If they do, request them to be shut off.

I don't see that option in the gametype settings.

I'm looking at General Settings-> Respawn Settings, and I see:

Respawn Time

Suicide Penalty

Betrayal Penalty

Lives Per Round

Advanced Settings -> Respawn Modifiers, Respawn Traits

Under Modifiers, theres:

Sync with team (yes/no)

Respawn Time Growth

Respawn On Kill (yes/no)

That sync with team option affects respawn time, not respawn location. Or at least that's what the description implies.

That sync with team option affects respawn time, not respawn location. Or at least that's what the description implies.

When you have free time, run a splitscreen custom game with that turned on/off, and suicide one of the players (they need to be on the same team). If it turns out that the "Sync with Team" option is the culprit, you know what to do.

• Upvote (+1) 2

you know they won’t. 343 doesn’t listen to anyone on here. When’s the last time they did? Oh and his little explanation on how play ce was added by a monitor from waypoint. Not exactly acknowledge by anyone @ 343.

Lol, I know. The only people they listen to is drones on reddit and Waypoint and of course the shit they pull out of their own asses.

you know they won’t. 343 doesn’t listen to anyone on here. When’s the last time they did? Oh and his little explanation on how play ce was added by a monitor from waypoint. Not exactly acknowledge by anyone @ 343.

They listened to a lot of what I asked for in the H1 4v4 playlist. I have good reason to think I can do it again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bumping this to ask those of you searching MCC Matchmaking, if you encounter settings in your game that ought to be changed, please post them in this thread so I can add it to the list.

I played CTF on battle creek last night with radar on (h1 4v4)?

I'm pretty sure that is getting changed. That is the way MLG used to play it though, for some reason.

Is it possible to remove some of the noob combos in h2? Some maps have upto 4 of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They should add in all the MLG H2 gametypes into the Arena playlist.  Maybe that will get people to search it again.  Been stuck at level 21 for weeks now because I can't find a match.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Is it possible to remove some of the noob combos in h2? Some maps have upto 4 of them.

Yes. There is a "No Duals" setting, and I've requested that Colossus and Beaver Creek adopt that weapon set for that exact reason. I'm tempted to ask for it on Ivory Tower too, but extra shotguns on that map isn't much better tbh.

They should add in all the MLG H2 gametypes into the Arena playlist.  Maybe that will get people to search it again.  Been stuck at level 21 for weeks now because I can't find a match.

I saw a poll on twitter last night asking about that exact suggestion, and it was a landslide "yes". I'm hopeful they'll add them. That's probably the best solution.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone know if the CE 4v4 settings are better yet? 

1 hour ago, BuZZ said:

Anyone know if the CE 4v4 settings are better yet? 

The last time they were changed, it was to reduce 4v4 TS back down to 50 kills. Are there any specific settings you’re curious about? I can help.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:20 PM, Hard Way said:

The last time they were changed, it was to reduce 4v4 TS back down to 50 kills. Are there any specific settings you’re curious about? I can help.

Had a chance to take a look. Not terrible. Still no BG in 4v4. Still not quite sure why. Guessing either the person in charge is too young to have been around for the game or it’s some jackmo that got sick of playing it back then and now refuses to let it be in the playlist.