Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBones

What would you add, remove or change about Halo?

I don’t think that’s a bad idea but it requires too much commitment. You have to use both your weapon slots, have a specific combo of weapons, and switch weapons and fire while the orb is traveling. I think the reason the noob combo works is because the overcharged Plasma Pistol is “fire and forget”. I feel like the Shock Combo is hard enough to pull off effectively on its own. Requiring two separate weapons to pull it off would make it too much of a hassle imo.

If there was a battery powered precision rifle, it would have an unused button (Reload) that the orb could be assigned to.

I don’t think that it requiring some commitment is necessarily a bad thing. It would be a powerful combo so it should come with a risk / reward element. Beside it’s not really that much of a commitment. In Halo you’re going to have a precision weapon in one of your weapon slots 99% of the time anyway. You’d really only be making the choice of having the PP in the second slot or a different weapon. The fact that the noob combo is fire and forget may be why it works but it’s also why it’s called the noob combo. It’s way too easy for anyone of any skill level to get kills with. With the PP charged shot acting like a shock rifle orb skilled players could get a lot out of it while less skilled players might decide to not pick up the PP and instead grab a shotgun. It would be much easier to get kills with than the PP but also have way less potential. Also, with the sandbox already being as cluttered as it is adding more weapons seems like the wrong route to take when you could create a cool combo like the shock rifle combo using weapons that already exist in Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There's literally not a single armor ability or spartan ability that adds anything productive to Halo's gameplay. Sprint is chief among them, and is by far the most damaging, but they all need to go.

stabilizers are the only thing I’d like to stay

Stabilize would be cool if it was a unique feature on one weapon, not a base trait that everyone can activate every time they jump.

Nah fuck stabilizers too, especially if it's tied to ADS. I'm just tired of people hovering in Halo games, if you jump you should fall back down and not get to hover like a dumbass and get free immunity to rockets and grenades.

• Upvote (+1) 3