FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBones

What would you add, remove or change about Halo?

Not really. By definition maybe, but the functionality and power is something I would compare to crouch jumping or spring jumping, which are hardly gimmicks. This isn't some bullshit titanfall ability, even actual arena shooters like UT4 have a wall kick. Absolutely not comparable to stuff like Sprint, Ground Pound and Armor Lock.

wall kick to replace clamber and be like murder miners 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Remove all spartan abilities except thrust.

I would probably keep hover as well but if we could get rid of ADS I would happily see that go too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remove all spartan abilities except thrust.

I would probably keep hover as well but if we could get rid of ADS I would happily see that go too.

I also think a jetpack as a pickup on the map, like reach did with dammy, would be a good way to break setups on maps with a vertical component. I also think the stun feature on plasma weapons should return if it fits into the sandbox. It makes them actually useful!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I also think a jetpack as a pickup on the map, like reach did with dammy, would be a good way to break setups on maps with a vertical component. I also think the stun feature on plasma weapons should return if it fits into the sandbox. It makes them actually useful!

What do you think about Jetpack having a double jump kind of ability. Hold the Equipment button to gradually rise a high distance or tap jump while airborne to quickly rise a short distance. This way it could be used on smaller, enclosed maps and during combat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd cry if they added jet packs into Infinite 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd cry if they added jet packs into Infinite 

I'm talking about one jetpack (on a 2-3 min spawn time) as a pickup, with limited fuel, and that spawns at the bottom of the map. I think it should only appear on maps that make sense, maps like dammy, construct, etc. I think it could help break setups. 

What do you think about Jetpack having a double jump kind of ability. Hold the Equipment button to gradually rise a high distance or tap jump while airborne to quickly rise a short distance. This way it could be used on smaller, enclosed maps and during combat.

Depends if it is an innate ability or a pickup. It is something you start with out of the gate it could be a little OP. 

Jetpack would work better on maps where there are certain places that require its use. Otherwise it's just purely a cheat.

And don't even dream of putting it in comp settings. Jetpack "works" casual modes only.

• Upvote (+1) 2

General Note - If they want to come up with some "CRAZY FUN SHIT!!" fine.  But make them map pickups.  That way if they end up sucking, no big deal. Just dont use it.  And since thats always an option, you dont have to compromise on its design or spend a milling hours trying to balance it.  Ger it "good" then move on.  If it needs to be tweaked later it can be. If they end up being awesome, you can put them on more maps more often. Base traits need to revert to where they were for the first 3 games. "Innovation" can be injected in the game via map pickups and custom options. A lot of the fancy shit you can make characters do seem cool because they are novel, but when they aren't novel and you don't need to "earn" them, their downsides start to shine through in the worst possible way.

Remove:

• Sprint
  • Clamber
  • GP
  • Slide
  • ADS
  • Zoom from non-precision weapons
  • Every ranked playlist other than Team Arena, Doubles, and FFA.

Improve:

• 5 second slayer respawn
  • 10 second objective respawn
  • All precision weapons to classic zoom
  • Thrust to a map pick up (or replace it with a less-spammable evade)
  • Decouple stabilize from zoom, but keep as a base ability
  • Allow powerups to be picked up if the user dies.  Overshield if they are assassinated.
  • Use delayed power item spawns on asymmetrical maps (30 seconds)
  • Most weapons should be projectile with NO SPREAD. If a weapon is hitscan, it should be an easier but weaker "beginner" weapon.
  • Faster power item spawns. Something worth fighting for should be coming up on the map every minute.
  • Static spawn timers for power items
  • Announced spawns for items are fine, but the hud element that displays when it comes up should only display for 5 seconds then fade away, regardless of when it is picked up.
  • Add the little dot from CE to the middle of the sniper reticle.  "THIS is where a headshot goes". This could be applied to every weapon really.  outer reticle indicates where aim assist kicks in, tiny inner reticle indicates where bullet magnetism kicks in.
  • Whatever minimal bullet magnetism does exist should pull the bullet toward the closest edge of the character model relative to the center of the reticle NOT prioritize the head.
  • Custom games browser needs many enhancements.  Too many to list here.
  • Turn forge into a full-fledged modding tool on PC.
  • Theater to use local files.
  • Spectator mode needs to be accurate

Add:

• Haste power up
  • Custom power up option with every conceivable character trait as a tunable options
  • Custom weapon characteristic sliders.
  • Support for much larger player counts 
  • Option to multi-queue/mixtape
  • Direct LAN support including support to use an extra box as a neutral host or keep the PC LAN client as well.
  • Custom server support
  • Aiming system selection (Classic could = Halo 4, Dynamic could = Halo 5, if for some reason people actually like that better)
  • Half or quarter ticks for aim sensitivity
  • Upvote (+1) 5

@@Apoll0

I’m not so sure about hover as a base trait. It seems like it’s similar to Halo 4’s not being descoped when shot. If you go to make a jump shot and miss the timing, you shouldn’t be able to hover there and wait for it. What are the positives about hover?

Changes to all Halo's:

• Health system and health packs for all games without it
  • Remove melee lunge from all games
  • Remove all crap like armour lock, bubble shields, sprint, jet packs, x-ray vision, etc.
  • Lower auto aim for all weapons
  • Bring back stun to all covenant weapons
  • 2x and 10x zoom for all snipers instead of this 5x crap in later games
  • CTF should be Halo CTF and not this magnum CTF crap
  • Oddball should be Oddball, not this throwing garbage from Halo 4.
  • Increase horizontal FoV to 106 on 16:9 screens.
  • Needler changes: Now acts similar to Quake Nailgun. Keeps Needler delayed explosion but gains high accuracy and range with slow projectiles.
  • Plasma rifle changes: Keeps stun but gets increased accuracy and range, similar to plasma cannon from Quake 3.
  • Ability to stack power ups in later games.
  • Put limited match making playlists and have everyone play the same damn rules. Playing competitive shouldn't require learning completely new maps.

Halo 1:

• Increase cover in large maps like HeH and Blood Gulch. These maps were clearly not designed for the pistol, as is evident of the sniper placement in HeH which is literally impossible for any player to get while playing competent players without the use of grenades.
  • Open up bases on bases on Battle Creek since right now players avoid the bases like the plague.
  • Fix up weapon spawns (IE, 30 second rocket on Derelict, rockets on Wizard CTF, etc)
  • Make jumping not so clunky
  • Add more maps, specifically needed is a symmetrical mid sized CTF map (Sanctuary from Halo 2)
  • Slightly buff the plasma pistol so it's not completely useless
  • Nerf grenade blast radius
  • Don't allow grenades to blast Oddball 50,000 metres away.
  • Spawn with only 2 frags regardless of player count

Halo 2:

• Make the BR not garbage
  • Nerf the fuck out of the sword
  • Make the shotgun not garbage
  • Nerf the fuck out of the Plasma Pistol
  • Get rid of dual wielding
  • Buff all single handed weapons to make up for no dual wielding
  • Put the reticle in the centre of the screen.

Halo 3:

• Get rid of equipment
  • Make the BR consistent
  • Put reticle in centre of screen.
  • Get rid of dual wielding and balance weapons appropriately.
  • Get rid of respawning explosives on maps like Construct
  • Put decent maps in the game
  • Get rid of all the redundant weapons that offer nothing unique
  • Increased movement speed
  • Halo 1 style overshield

Halo Reach:

• Get rid of bloom
  • Get rid of all spartan ability crap
  • Make maps that don't suck
  • Remove all redundant weapons

Halo 4:

• Every 343 developer that worked on this game should be banned from making games ever again.
  • Everyone that bought this trash should be offered a full refund.
  • There's not a single redeeming quality of this game. Even the campaign was shit. I've literally played free to play FPS better than this.

Halo 5:

• Get rid of all sprinting, climbing, thruster crap
  • Put some real BTB maps in the game.
  • Get rid of Warzone.
  • Adjust all the maps for no sprint.
  • Remove all redundant weapons

343, feel free to hire me for Halo 6. k thx.

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@Apoll0

I’m not so sure about hover as a base trait. It seems like it’s similar to Halo 4’s not being descoped when shot. If you go to make a jump shot and miss the timing, you shouldn’t be able to hover there and wait for it. What are the positives about hover?

In my head im not imagining it lasting longer than 1 or 2 shots anyway.  I forgot how long you can do that shit for lol.  Either way i don't see the downside?  If you are waiting for someone to peek to hit a shot, you better hit that shot because otherwise you're just a sitting duck up there.  Caught unaware by anybody and you're F'd since in this scenario you don't have thrust.  At the same time there isn't a ton of upside either.  You could basically use it to stop a lateral jump on a dime, or to pause for a ranged shot.  In that regard it feels kind of empty and could be axed too.  I was trying to think of SOMETHING from the H5 mechanics that might be worth saving as  a base characteristic, and that was the only candidate haha

What do you think about some kind of “enhanced senses” equipment? Like, enemy footprints stay visible for a short time after running through an area or enemy gunshots give off visible sound waves that can be seen through walls. Grenades are highlited and bullet contrails are more visible.

What do you think about some kind of “enhanced senses” equipment? Like, enemy footprints stay visible for a short time after running through an area or enemy gunshots give off visible sound waves that can be seen through walls. Grenades are highlited and bullet contrails are more visible.

Beats Regen. Idk about the seeing sounds shit though unless the equipment is just LSD.

HR-DeployableLookoutTower.png

I think a cool secondary use for Grav Lift equipments could be to temporarily raise up a lookout tower. On a two base BTB map there could be one of these located on each side halfway between the base and mid. Infantry could throw a Grav Lift on these sitting structures to raise them up so they could be used as a temporary mini base with an elevated view and minimal cover.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HR-DeployableLookoutTower.png

I think a cool secondary use for Grav Lift equipments could be to temporarily raise up a lookout tower. On a two base BTB map there could be one of these located on each side halfway between the base and mid. Infantry could throw a Grav Lift on these sitting structures to raise them up so they could be used as a temporary mini base with an elevated view and minimal cover.

https://www-dailydot-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.dailydot.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/fortnite-portafort-21.jpg

Do you think a semi automatic, precision rifle that has a battery instead of a magazine could work well in Halo? Aside from the Beam Rifle, it seems like any weapon that is headshot capable always has a magazine rather than a battery. I wonder if there’s a reason for that.

I’m picturing something like the Carbine. Accurate with a fast rate of fire, kills in like 7 shots with a headshot, overheats after 10 shots fired as fast as possible. Is there any reason a weapon like this wouldn’t work?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you think a semi automatic, precision rifle that has a battery instead of a magazine could work well in Halo? Aside from the Beam Rifle, it seems like any weapon that is headshot capable always has a magazine rather than a battery. I wonder if there’s a reason for that.

I’m picturing something like the Carbine. Accurate with a fast rate of fire, kills in like 7 shots with a headshot, overheats after 10 shots fired as fast as possible. Is there any reason a weapon like this wouldn’t work?

It would work fine, just very strong and very good for heavy offense. You got better range than the BR and never have to reload so you can rush extremely well in a team fight or after grabbing OS.

riydfb.jpg

The current visual representation of the game is trash. It's dark, cramped, clustered whilst still be uninformative. Almost everything presented in that screenshot could be improved in some way, highlighted are some of the obvious ones where you move from 'my first spectator' mode to something that seamless that can fade into the background.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would work fine, just very strong and very good for heavy offense. You got better range than the BR and never have to reload so you can rush extremely well in a team fight or after grabbing OS.

idk charge weapons never are fun, and are super annoying if they’re on a precision weapon

idk charge weapons never are fun, and are super annoying if they’re on a precision weapon

I think it would be interesting to have a precision rifle that can kill fast and never has to reload but can never get more than one kill at the maximum rate of fire. 7 shots to kill, 10 shots at maximum rate of fire before overheating. You pace your kills. It also forces you to commit to a single enemy. If you put more than three shots into one enemy, you can’t switch targets and still get the minimum kill time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Reload button is unused on battery powered weapons. What do you think about giving it a function? Someone mentioned Unreal Tournament’s Shock Rifle. Do you like the idea of the Reload button firing a slow moving orb while the Fire button fires fast moving shots? Shoot the airborne orb for an explosion?

The Reload button is unused on battery powered weapons. What do you think about giving it a function? Someone mentioned Unreal Tournament’s Shock Rifle. Do you like the idea of the Reload button firing a slow moving orb while the Fire button fires fast moving shots? Shoot the airborne orb for an explosion?

I always thought it would be cool if instead of tracking people the fully charged PP shot just traveled slowly in a straight line but could be shot with a precision weapon to make it explode. It would give people even more reason to use the PP and the “noob combo” would actually become a skillful, awesome combo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I always thought it would be cool if instead of tracking people the fully charged PP shot just traveled slowly in a straight line but could be shot with a precision weapon to make it explode. It would give people even more reason to use the PP and the “noob combo” would actually become a skillful, awesome combo.

I don’t think that’s a bad idea but it requires too much commitment. You have to use both your weapon slots, have a specific combo of weapons, and switch weapons and fire while the orb is traveling. I think the reason the noob combo works is because the overcharged Plasma Pistol is “fire and forget”. I feel like the Shock Combo is hard enough to pull off effectively on its own. Requiring two separate weapons to pull it off would make it too much of a hassle imo.

If there was a battery powered precision rifle, it would have an unused button (Reload) that the orb could be assigned to.