Sign in to follow this  
dementedone89

Any LANs near Detroit?

LAN in Oshawa Ontario which is about 4 hours from Detroit. Likely on September 29th. You interested? We have all the proper equipment and 8 people. We love playing new maps (one of our players is an NHE dev). Really nice house we're lanning at too.

LAN in Oshawa Ontario which is about 4 hours from Detroit. Likely on September 29th. You interested? We have all the proper equipment and 8 people. We love playing new maps (one of our players is an NHE dev). Really nice house we're lanning at too.

I swear, one of these days I'm flying out and joining you guys, sounds like a lot of fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh word? 

I should maybe look into this...

In any case, OP you might be about 10 years too late. Michigan used to be top-3 in Halo states with huge LANs happening constantly. Now - just like everywhere else - nobody LANs anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Montreal is probably your closest place.

Altneratively buy a soft modded box off ebay (30-60 bucks) then download nhe. (Requires two ethernet cables, a router, and file transferring software like FileZilla). Then you can pay them over a program called xlan (the new xbc).

Or download halo custom edition. Clicking the link in my sig is a good start.

Altneratively buy a soft modded box off ebay (30-60 bucks) then download nhe. (Requires two ethernet cables, a router, and file transferring software like FileZilla). Then you can pay them over a program called xlan (the new xbc).

Like I pointed out above stunt_man, Hurley and I LAN a few hours east of Montreal usually now. We might hold the occasional LAN at stunts place though.

Oh word?

I should maybe look into this...

In any case, OP you might be about 10 years too late. Michigan used to be top-3 in Halo states with huge LANs happening constantly. Now - just like everywhere else - nobody LANs anymore.

Where you at? The more the merrier.

And there's still a few Michigan players. I'll have to reach out to them and see if they still lan regularly.

Where you at? The more the merrier.

And there's still a few Michigan players. I'll have to reach out to them and see if they still lan regularly.

Outside Detroit, so about a five-hour haul for me. 

I might be willing to drive out there one of these days, and me and my friends have 4 modded boxes with about 12 controllers with Halo 1.5 installed on it from when it first came out. Thats about the last time we did a LAN

Well if either of you want to LAN let me know. Email is [email protected] if I'm not checking here as often.

Maybe you can get a 4 or 5 man lan in Detroit though. Killmachine is in Michigan. And I talked to James and Danny Tavoularis on Facebook last month they're in Detroit. I linked them to this thread.

@@Cursed Lemon
@@dementedone89

Look up Danny Tavoularis on Facebook and message him. Say Vincent sent you. They want to LAN. Let me know if you don't have Facebook I'll try to get them in touch with you some other way.

They are coming to our LAN next month as well. So maybe you can carpool?

@@Cursed Lemon

@@dementedone89

Look up Danny Tavoularis on Facebook and message him. Say Vincent sent you. They want to LAN. Let me know if you don't have Facebook I'll try to get them in touch with you some other way.

They are coming to our LAN next month as well. So maybe you can carpool?

Can do.

Always down to LAN around Michigan, miss @@Brutus lans sooooo much.

hgK8lrS.jpg?1

@@Cursed Lemon @@Xrossfade and myself at a H1 / H2 LAN in late 2009.

Jordan on the right, Flipsyde in the front, can't tell who's sitting behind him.