Hunter

Ogre 2 is playing Halo 4

He has to win an event in every Halo game.  I think he even won in Shadowrun? O.o

He got 5th and 2nd.  2nd in Chicago and 5th at Orlando I believe

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 2 would just be career stat paddin at this point if he came back  ;)

Undefeated in Halo CE 2v2's with his brother Ogre 1 in Tournament play
•The only player to ever win a title in five games (Halo: CE, Halo 2, Shadowrun, Halo 3, Halo: Reach)
•The only player to ever win five out of eight National Championships
•The only player to exit every Halo title in the franchise as a National Champion
•The only player along with Walshy to have eight straight All-Star appearances
•52 career tournament wins (20+ more than Walshy,the closest contender)
•From 2003 - 2008, placed top 2 in 38 straight tournaments
•Won 10 straight tournaments from 2004 - 2005
•Won 9 straight tournaments from 2005 - 2006
•Won "Best Overall Player" award three years in a row (2005 - 2007)
•Only two teams have ever completed an MLG tournament without losing a single game, Ogre 2 was on both teams. 

You can make a case for Ogre 2 being the most dominant player at their game series of choice(factoring in longevity) of any in history. The sad thing is he has less followers than Ninja on twitter!

If competative gaming were to be considered a sport, Would ogre 2 hold the title as Most Dominant Player in Their Sport in the history of sports? Considering how young the sport is?

If competative gaming were to be considered a sport, Would ogre 2 hold the title as Most Dominant Player Their Sport in the history of sports? Considering how young the "sport" is?

I'd be a battle between Fatal1ty and Og2

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think his HCE+H2 dominance is most impressive, it does not really matter if those games were "less popular", popularity means nothing when judging a comp game. Halo 2 sold out almost every event and H2 MLG was only slightly less popular than H3 MLG. They were the best at those titles at their height of popularity on the games(NA as well) biggest stage.

You cant say the players who played Halo CE+Halo 2 were not as skilled as the players who played future Halo titles, that is disrespectful to the players of those games.

No one denies the skill Ogre 2 had in both H1 and H2, the haters usually try to pick them apart in the later titles being H3 and H:Reach. For me seeing his performance in the 2010 H3 season really solidified him as the GOAT which is why I was saying its the season to watch to shut those haters up.

I'd be a battle between Fatal1ty and Og2

They are both DM kings in my eyes its hard to compare 1v1 and primarily 2v2/4v4 in Ogre 2's case  ;)

Fatality has won titles in more franchises, but Ogre 2 has won more tournaments period and was more dominant in a single title than Fatality(Halo 2 compared to Quake 3) Fatality was really great at Pain-killer as well as Q3 winning 150k in that Painkiller CPL NYC World Tour Finals whereas Halo has never had a tournament for that much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are both DM kings in my eyes its hard to compare 1v1 and primarily 2v2/4v4 in Ogre 2's case  ;)

Fatality has won titles in more franchises, but Ogre 2 has won more tournaments period and was more dominant in a single title than Fatality(Halo 2 compared to Quake 3) Fatality was really great at Pain-killer as well as Q3 winning 150k in that Painkiller CPL NYC World Tour Finals whereas Halo has never had a tournament for that much.

When comparing event wins you've also got to consider that Fatality stopped competitive play after he received his spokesman contract. He also still has a strong PC components and gear line going.

When comparing event wins you've also got to consider that Fatality stopped competitive play after he received his spokesman contract. He also still has a strong PC components and gear line going.

This is kind of a nasty rumor, but Cooler(another Great Q3/Qlplayer that dominated 2002 onward) said that in quake 3, fatal1ty would avoid opponents/tournaments that would give him a bad image (getting owned). Not sure if true, but it seems to be that he jumped around to whatever game was new/was offering the most prize money and tried to play multiple games competitively like CS,UT 2003.

But the guy is more famous for professional gaming and his brand in the world than anyone else I would say(Outside of Korea with Starcraft maybe)

He won in Chicago, got 2nd in Vegas and yeah, 5th in Orlando.

Ah okay I gotcha.  Forgot they had 3 events, thought they had 2 instead