Sign in to follow this  
Monk

Highest a person can solo queue?

What do you think is the highest rank a person can realistically attain by running arena solo?

You can get into champ by solo queuing, but getting to top champ ranks is a lot harder but still possible. Frosty, Saiyan and Naded have got to high champ ranks while solo queuing on stream but they never expect to beat the team of four even though they do sometimes. 

If you really care about getting a high rank while solo queuing, you'll dodge teams of four by recognizing their emblems. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Solo que to champ 1 is possible. Saiyan did it. It's the fastest way to improve.

• Upvote (+1) 1

solo queing is what pistola recommended to me in halo 3 to improve my awareness and he was absolutely right

you can achieve champion 1, it's all a matter of how much time you put in

• Upvote (+1) 2

solo queing is what pistola recommended to me in halo 3 to improve my awareness and he was absolutely right

you can achieve champion 1, it's all a matter of how much time you put in

You should tell that story of how it helped you. I'd love to hear you elaborate on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should tell that story of how it helped you. I'd love to hear you elaborate on that.

It started with getting paid to rank up other peoples accounts. Everyone wanted a 50, they just couldn't put the time in or didn't have the discipline or skill. So you quickly found out the fastest way to level up accounts. By far the best and most efficient way was going into MLG alone. 

I didn't realize the benefits until I matched Ola who was searching alone one day and I asked him why he wasn't with other top pros. He then told me that it was because when he practices for tournaments he wants to be challenged. When you are solo queing odds are that you won't be communicating, no one will be playing objective and weapons or power ups will be forgotten in the fray. This instantly puts the burden on you to manage the most important things on the map. But at the same time you don't want to overplay it because then you build bad habits. You essentially are stretching your abilities and forcing yourself to improve. There is a LOT of pain in this... that is why I rarely ever did it unless I was getting paid. However, after hearing from arguably the best Halo player to ever touch the game that it was a very good thing to do I immediately jumped into games on my main and smurfs. 

First thing I noticed was my confidence after big wins which is important for growth. If you don't have those mini victories each day while practicing then it's not going to build a good mindset for the future. Second thing that was HUGE for me was how much better I got at dealing with stressful end game scenarios where the game is on the line. I would make smarter and smarter plays because my awareness was at an all time high. You get a little bit lazy when you are so trusting of your highly skilled teammates that you bring into matchmaking with you. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It started with getting paid to rank up other peoples accounts. Everyone wanted a 50, they just couldn't put the time in or didn't have the discipline or skill. So you quickly found out the fastest way to level up accounts. By far the best and most efficient way was going into MLG alone. 

I didn't realize the benefits until I matched Ola who was searching alone one day and I asked him why he wasn't with other top pros. He then told me that it was because when he practices for tournaments he wants to be challenged. When you are solo queing odds are that you won't be communicating, no one will be playing objective and weapons or power ups will be forgotten in the fray. This instantly puts the burden on you to manage the most important things on the map. But at the same time you don't want to overplay it because then you build bad habits. You essentially are stretching your abilities and forcing yourself to improve. There is a LOT of pain in this... that is why I rarely ever did it unless I was getting paid. However, after hearing from arguably the best Halo player to ever touch the game that it was a very good thing to do I immediately jumped into games on my main and smurfs. 

First thing I noticed was my confidence after big wins which is important for growth. If you don't have those mini victories each day while practicing then it's not going to build a good mindset for the future. Second thing that was HUGE for me was how much better I got at dealing with stressful end game scenarios where the game is on the line. I would make smarter and smarter plays because my awareness was at an all time high. You get a little bit lazy when you are so trusting of your highly skilled teammates that you bring into matchmaking with you. 

Very good points. In one of Saiyan's streams someone asked him why he wasn't playing with teammates. He said something along the lines of, "it's too easy." Now, matchmaking isn't too easy for me, but like you and Pistola said, it's good practice and it puts the burden on you for objective and power-ups/weapons.

And OP, in my humble opinion, Champ 1 is possible. However, if you have top pros grinding that season extremely hard, it will be a tough road.

• Upvote (+1) 1