Sign in to follow this  
Scarecrow

Halo The TV Show

Figured this deserved its own thread

I remember talking about how excited I was for the "Halo Movie" that was getting made back in 05/06. This could help Halo Infinite's launch if its good. 

This would of been cool to me like a decade ago. I really couldn't give a toss anymore, give me a good Halo again and thing's like this might seem somewhat interesting again.

But hey that's just my opinion, surely a few Halo lore nerds might find this cool.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

The guy they're hiring to write this show is a guy who managed to get two television shows canceled in a total of 13 episodes

What the fuck. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The guy they're hiring to write this show is a guy who managed to get two television shows canceled in a total of 13 episodes

What the fuck. 

For the record,(and because i'm too lazy to Google) Which series? 

What the fuck. 

To be fair lot's of good shows get cancelled.  Firefly being the GOAT. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah. Rubicon is the GOAT of one season tv shows.

Nope.

Both shows were incredible though. They were way too complex and interesting for network television.

Halo isn't exactly what I would call "complex". 

Excited about this. They will probably have the planet of the apes director make the pilot

Halo EU is pretty inviting for a complex narrative. so many factions with sometimes mutual sometimes conflicting interests...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo EU is pretty inviting for a complex narrative. so many factions with sometimes mutual sometimes conflicting interests...

It's complex in the sense that there's a fuck ton of in-universe content to digest. In terms of the main story, it's dreadfully simple.

What's your point? That someone who writes complex and good stories shouldn't write Halo because Halo isn't complex? Come on man. That logic is ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will of course watch it. And if it is really good I will love it.

Wonder if Marty O´Donnell will write the soundtrack...

I think the next big thing in movies/TV will be video games. How much more can they milk the superhero genre?

Production starts early 2019. What does this mean for the release of Infinity? They will sync the releases for sure.

It's complex in the sense that there's a fuck ton of in-universe content to digest. In terms of the main story, it's dreadfully simple.

Nah, I mean there is plenty of opportunity to tell a complex story given the geopolitical climate of the galaxy in Halo’s universe. I’m not talking about the amount of existing content.

If they want to simply retell existing story... yeah it’ll be pretty shallow. But if they want to tell a deeper story, there’s no reason a good writer couldn’t create with in the existing Universe.

Expecation: Band of Brothers like series focusing on a squad of ODST's during the Human Covenant War.

Reality: Probably some power ranger ass looking spartans that never struggle with anything and win all the time. 

Expecation: Band of Brothers like series focusing on a squad of ODST's during the Human Covenant War.

Reality: Probably some power ranger ass looking spartans that never struggle with anything and win all the time.

Man, I can’t imagine the series would be focused on a Spartan team... too little face time.

I could see a kilo-5 setup working well: a couple ODSTs with a Spartan

Nah, I mean there is plenty of opportunity to tell a complex story given the geopolitical climate of the galaxy in Halo’s universe. I’m not talking about the amount of existing content.

If they want to simply retell existing story... yeah it’ll be pretty shallow. But if they want to tell a deeper story, there’s no reason a good writer couldn’t create with in the existing Universe.

"Complex" was used in the sense of a very intricately crafted, dynamic, cleverly resolved, and highly self-referential plot. You're essentially saying what I suggested - there's a fuckton of stuff going on in the Halo universe, and it would only be complex in the sense of how much information needs to be digested. I will say this much, I think trying to make a high-production story out of Halo's "geopolitical climate" sounds like a recipe for a Prequels-level snorefest. 

Halo has never been about subtlety anyway, with perhaps the exception of Hunt The Truth. 

"Complex" was used in the sense of a very intricately crafted, dynamic, cleverly resolved, and highly self-referential plot. You're essentially saying what I suggested - there's a fuckton of stuff going on in the Halo universe, and it would only be complex in the sense of how much information needs to be digested. I will say this much, I think trying to make a high-production story out of Halo's "geopolitical climate" sounds like a recipe for a Prequels-level snorefest.

Halo has never been about subtlety anyway, with perhaps the exception of Hunt The Truth.

nah. what I’m saying is there’s a lot going on in the Universe, but a good writer could draw from any of it to tell very intricately crafted, dynamic, cleverly resolved, and highly self-referential plot.They don’t have to package the entire universe for the viewer to digest- just whatever is pertinent to their particular narrative.

Also I wouldn’t suggest making a high-production about politics. But the political climate (post-H3, shaky alliances, various factions trying to fill the Covenants power vacuum), could be a great setup for interesting stories and good action

The future of the Halo TV series:

You can start the video at any point.

I'm a fan of 9:10. Please watch until 9:55.

• Upvote (+1) 1