CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

3 minutes ago, znot said:

I dont understand why they have such limited search times.

WHY WOULD YOU LIMIT THE FEEDBACK YOU RECIEVE. If you let players play MM all day they will find more bugs and issues for you to fix, so your game launches smooth.

But instead they give it a time limit. It sucks cause a lot of ppl actualy want to play this game right now, and 343 has a fucking timer on the Matchmaking. Ugh

I literally just got the kids to sleep, this time schedule is bullshit. Didn't get to play an pvp and now I guess never will. 

• Fire (+1) 1

r/halo top post: halo infinite pvp is unbearable on controller

343 post flight: feedback on aiming is overly positive 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I wish wr just had the h5 magnum then this sandbox be a little better. 

Sandbox is just trash, but not as trash as the maps.

3 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

The fact that there's fucking feedback on aiming at all should be an alarm. It's like a car company saying that feedback on braking is overall positive.

Chris is 343 and the car is Halo's future

jj4qc.gif

Genuinely surprised at the amount of popular threads complaining about the aiming. They probably won't be able to ignore it, but it wouldn't shock me if they somehow did. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NAK said:

Genuinely surprised at the amount of popular threads complaining about the aiming. They probably won't be able to ignore it, but it wouldn't shock me if they somehow did. 

Theyll add another pointless setting which doesn’t solve the issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheFloyd said:

Sandbox is just trash, but not as trash as the maps.

That Brazzers map sucks.

Such a dry and boring map.

Maybe if they let us play with the Oddball it'll be more fun. 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Theyll add another pointless setting which doesn’t solve the issue. 

They’ll add modern aim 6-12 months after launch

Its because they fucked up and actually let people see aiming can be done correctly when they did modern aim. So now everyone is looking at 343 crazy because they drop two games back to back with dog shit aiming while somehow making aiming on MCC perfect between those two releases. We're all gonna find out there is some internal system that all of the aim settings are connected to in CE through 3 that bungie wrote and that's why modern aim feels so good on MCC when they hooked into it that 343i games lack after they went rogue post H5 beta

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I realize I have a 6700K but what the fuck is this game doing to result in this

T9lQM5p.png

I'm a 6700k bro too, it never goes above 50% usage, which is no cause for concern. The constant hitching and rollercoaster frametimes are ridiculous though.

16 minutes ago, NAK said:

the problem is they didn't submit a ticket so 343 can ignore it... hahaha

• Simms (+1) 1

Hate to say it but you know all of those PC options they were hyping up and how they wanted it to be a first class PC experience? So far the flights feel exactly like the typical console port they didn't want to be.

Things definitely run a lot more clean on my series x than my PC and its feeling like the PC version of this game is really behind optimization wise

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Hate to say it but you know all of those PC options they were hyping up and how they wanted it to be a first class PC experience? So far the flights feels exactly like the typical console port they didn't want to be.

Things definitely run a lot more clean on my series x than my PC and its feeling like the PC version of this game is really behind optimization wise

Holiday 2020 release™ 

• Simms (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Hate to say it but you know all of those PC options they were hyping up and how they wanted it to be a first class PC experience? So far the flights feels exactly like the typical console port they didn't want to be.

Yeah, I ran the Alpha on my 2070 Super and 3600x and it ran like absolute shit.

On a series X with the same 100FOV and performance, it runs cleanly.

Even if you guys don't play the game please don't leave Team Beyond. Losing a game is bad, but not nearly as bad as losing friends :tear:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Hooked 2

They aren't going to solve the aiming issue. They'll just bump up the aim assist to worse than H2A levels and call it a day, and /r/halo will never know the difference. I saw someone on that sub TODAY claim that H5 had great aiming and it had 50+ upvotes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So i haven't played a single multiplayer game because I had to sleep, but the thing you can notice even when playing with bots - Ar changes to a power weapon in hands of Spartan bot. Not fun. I can imagine this is even worse in actual multiplayer. When it comes to Ar/Sidekick start, I think they need to buff the Sidekick (less shots to kill?) and nerf the Ar like on every front. I shouldn't be punished so much because I never use the Ar. I never did in any Halo and i was fine. Not in Infinite.

Other than that, I kind of like the Live Fire, it's a good social map. Bazaar and Recharge are utter rubbish.

19 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Even if you guys don't play the game please don't leave Team Beyond. Losing a game is bad, but not nearly as bad as losing friends :tear:

I quit playing Halo when Halo 5 came out but I still pop in here every now and then to get together with you guys and shit talk this horrible company. :beyond: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bearhound said:

r/halo top post: halo infinite pvp is unbearable on controller

343 post flight: feedback on aiming is overly positive 

I'm normally not that vocal about weirdness in games, let alone technical tests, alpha's, beta's, etc. 

But aiming in this game is just so goofy. I can only speak to trying to play with a controller on the PC build, but people saying that aim assist is WAY over-the-top on PC, are either lying, the minority, or just M/KB enthusiasts who bad-mouth AA any chance they get. Aim assist feels virtually non-existent in the PC version of this game. I'm by no means great, but half the time the aim feels slightly OK, and then the next second, my reticule is ice-skating all over the screen and I can't hit shit. It's VERY noticeable on a map like Bazaar, if you're trying to shoot your pistol at someone on the other side of top mid. It's kind of impossible. 

Also, how can you release a technical test on PC, and NOT have a true fullscreen option? Who the hell plays fullscreen borderless?

I've only put about 2 hours into Infinite, but so far I can safely say that this is not a game I will not enjoy. 

11 hours ago, Boyo said:

Sometimes you have to change things that are perfectly good just to make them your own.  

Sometimes you have to break things that are perfectly good just to make them your own. FTFY...

11 hours ago, Meek Meek Meek said:

343 : "write that down, write that down!

It's in their employee's hand book, actually.

11 hours ago, iCUBANEX said:

I had way more fun in the H5 beta. He'll I probably have more fun playing current H5

You know forge is available for H5 today.

11 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

The BR TTK is way too slow 

THIS is why I jumped on right now to ask you all something.

What is the perfect kill time for the HCE magnum and how many shots?

If you replaced the HCE magnum with the BR and wanted it to be comparable in perfect kill time, with a triple shot per trigger pull, it seems that you would only need to pull the trigger twice and land all six shots. I can imagine the kill time would be around 0.8s, but can someone let me know if this wouldn't work AND WHY?

Seriously want to know why this wouldn't work if it wouldn't.

11 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Yeah this games optimization is so ass. 

Gives them something to improve so that you keep coming back for each season's update.

11 hours ago, iCUBANEX said:

Yeah if they don't drastically change everything for release. This will be a major flop. 

Imagine waiting 6 years for a worse H5

I can't imagine why any of you waited for anything from 343, TBH. I am just sitting here watching all the feedback from these betas and I wonder why any of you are surprised or upset.

10 hours ago, xSociety said:

0-3 Industries 

043 Industries

8 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm about to load up the beta now.

If the aiming feels like H5/H3 I am going to lose my fucking mind

put a tracking device on it first...

4 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Game was so fucking bad my computer literally purged its memory to forget it

Just wait until it purges the install...

4 hours ago, xSociety said:

There's definitely a memory leak, if you noticed it gets worse over time. Switch to windowed mode and back to borderless. That resets it.

Did you report the work around? It would help them debug the problem.

3 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

Ok so finally I can actually somewhat enjoy the game.

Tried playing on my mini-ITX build with an i7 3770 and a GTX 1060 and have had a pretty good experience so far despite playing on huge laggy screen. Amazing what difference a stable 60FPS can make.

When the servers turn off I'm gonna try swapping the CPU on my main rig from the 2600K to the 3770 and see if that fixes it, it might just be a bug with Sandy Bridge CPUs.

So for anyone wondering 3rd gen i7 and a GTX 1060 AND 8GB RAM plays the game great at 1080P

A 2600K with 32GB of RAM and a GTX 1080 is unplayable, at least on my hardware configuration.

My i7 machine has 12G ram. I can load up lightworks video editor, Unity game editor, Halo MCC, and Blender, and I still cannot break 10G. What do you run on your rig that you need even 20G ram? Honestly curious.

2 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Why am I bored of this game after like three matches?

When you go into this with an expectation of playing halo, ...

19 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

My i7 machine has 12G ram. I can load up lightworks video editor, Unity game editor, Halo MCC, and Blender, and I still cannot break 10G. What do you run on your rig that you need even 20G ram?

I run Adobe After Effects. 1 hour into editing my 16GB will be eaten and need a purge. 4k even 1080p resolution effects are ravenous for memory.

I look forward to having 32GB when I upgrade.