CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

To what extent or level of credibility can one threaten another here without getting in trouble?

When it turns to real references outside of the forums context and not just hyperbolic exaggeration within it.

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

New infinite blog 

4v4 pvp arena this weekend 

next weekend 30-3rd BTB

Oh my god finally some fucking news.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

When it turns to real references outside of the forums context and not just hyperbolic exaggeration within it.

Thank you, this makes sense. So I can tell someone "I'm going to beat your ass", but not "I'm going to beat your ass at your home at [Address] at 5:30pm".

Can we get a  ban for actions taken outside of the forums? For example, if I tell someone "I'm going to beat your ass" on the forums without making any real reference to a place or time, but I do actually physically beat their ass in real life, is that cause for a forum ban?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

the new flight invites are going out

I gots mine.  One email for both weekends. I hope I can get my new PC built before the flight this weekend. 

lol 3am to 7 am and 10am to 2pm

get shit on australians if you want to play both lmfao 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I gots mine.  One email for both weekends. I hope I can get my new PC built before the flight this weekend. 

What build are you going for? 

5 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Thank you, this makes sense. So I can tell someone "I'm going to beat your ass", but not "I'm going to beat your ass at your home at [Address] at 5:30pm".

Can we get a  ban for actions taken outside of the forums? For example, if I tell someone "I'm going to beat your ass" on the forums without making any real reference to a place or time, but I do actually physically beat their ass in real life, is that cause for a forum ban?

Tell me fuckin' where and when m8 I'll fuckin' be there

3 hours ago, TBCT said:

lol 3am to 7 am and 10am to 2pm

get shit on australians if you want to play both lmfao 

10am on a weekend oh no I'm so worried

Got my invite through emails looking forward to giving the MP a go! 

6pm-10pm and 1am-5am UK time has all nighter written all over it! 

also if anybody plays me in game, please go easy on me i am extremely average haha

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Forgetting the 3-7am? 

also, since we're a day ahead, work on monday means no doing matchmaking then, unless I kill myself on sunday morning, sleep through the rest of the day and then get an hour or two in before work on monday

that might be the plan lol 

44 minutes ago, TBCT said:

Forgetting the 3-7am? 

also, since we're a day ahead, work on monday means no doing matchmaking then, unless I kill myself on sunday morning, sleep through the rest of the day and then get an hour or two in before work on monday

that might be the plan lol 

Ah that's fine it's a demo. I don't plan on playing 8 hours a day for a demo. I wouldn't book time off for it either, it's a tech test. If it's broken then you would be waking up for server queues and that's a tilt.

5 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

What build are you going for? 

New Stuff:

Phanteks (PH-EC500ATG_DBK01)

NZXT Kraken X73 360mm

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master

Ryzen 7 5800x

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

Reusing from my current PC:

2x  M.2  1TB SSD  (I would like to eventually get a PCI4 SSD for my main drive since this MOBO does PCI4)

Windows11 fresh install from ISO

32 GB of 3200 speed DDR4 RAM  

1000 Watt PSU

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

The Shade Turret is a double barreled ball-turret hovering above its mounted base.  The operator can toggle between up to 4 types of ammo.  

Plasma Bolts are standard.  RT alternates fire between the two barrels.  LT dual-fires both barrels with a slower rof.  

Fuel Rods can bounce off the ground multiple times before exploding on impact.*

Boomerangs do not travel straight forward.  RT fires projectiles that veer off to the right before swinging back toward center.  LT’s projectiles arc upward before curving back down to earth.  

Quantum Tunnel transports the player from inside the ball-turret to a compatible object, like a Receiver Dish.  The player aims for the dish but ends up a short distance from it.  For example, the dish is mounted to the roof but wired to the top floor, where players exit.  

*RT fires a fast projectile that rapidly slows moments later.  Projectile speed can be temporarily increased by ‘skipping’.  

LT causes the airborne projectile to rapidly drop, bounce off the ground then travel continue to travel forward, faster, for a short time.  Each successive skip provides a shorter and shorter speed boost.  

Maps can feature an obvious, half-closed garage door to skip shots under or employ subtle elevation change that synergizes with these unique projectile traits/abilities.  

24 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Happy 10 year anniversary of the Halo:Reach title update!

You just reminded me of this video I posted 10 fucking years ago.

25 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Happy 10 year anniversary of the Halo:Reach title update!

I remember thinking very highly of 343 after that update. This new studio understands what Halo players want, and now I can't wait for Halo 4. 

If only I knew...

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hully said:

I remember thinking very highly of 343 after that update. This new studio understands what Halo players want, and now I can't wait for Halo 4. 

If only I knew...

We all did. 

Then they started listening to bnet kids and hiring people who never played Halo before. The rest is history. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Hard to believe its been 10 years since 343 did anything positive to this franchise.

Aren’t you forgetting Spartan Ops?

1 minute ago, Gobias said:

Aren’t you forgetting Spartan Ops?

Tbh, if Spartan Ops wasn't just defeat x numbers of enemies it would've been pretty neat

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

343 proving once again they don't give a toss about the world apart from the USA.

I mean, there's SUPPOSED to be dedicated servers for the Oceanic region too, isn't there?

I can't wait to play from 3am-7am and then literally in the middle of the fucking day on a weekend.

I'm supposed to believe they needed to run the beta during limited times to "stress test servers" when they're inviting everyone that registered for the insider for the first new Halo game in 6 years? I'm calling BS.

We should be stress testing 343's ability to actually give people outside NA a decent match making experience so the rest of the world doesn't immediately give up on the game when they sit in searching screens for hours at a time like the last several games 343 has released. At the very least they could open up one other time frame from 7-11pm AEST since most Yanks will be sleeping then anyway.

17 hours ago, Shekkles said:

lol, forgetting that Australia is a day ahead. Also sunlight is good for you and I've got children, I can't just abandon my kids to play a video game beta. These times are fucking awful for anyone in our time zone.

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pyroteq said:

343 proving once again they don't give a toss about the world apart from the USA.

I mean, there's SUPPOSED to be dedicated servers for the Oceanic region too, isn't there?

I can't wait to play from 3am-7am and then literally in the middle of the fucking day on a weekend.

I'm supposed to believe they needed to run the beta during limited times to "stress test servers" when they're inviting everyone that registered for the insider for the first new Halo game in 6 years? I'm calling BS.

We should be stress testing 343's ability to actually give people outside NA a decent match making experience so the rest of the world doesn't immediately give up on the game when they sit in searching screens for hours at a time like the last several games 343 has released. At the very least they could open up one other time frame from 7-11pm AEST since most Yanks will be sleeping then anyway.

lol, forgetting that Australia is a day ahead. Also sunlight is good for you and I've got children, I can't just abandon my kids to play a video game beta. These times are fucking awful for anyone in our time zone.

You should count your lucky stars we haven't decided to sink your little island yet. The entitlement is astounding.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

Yeah I mean of course they're not worried about that. They're trying to stress servers and check to see what happens the flights aren't for enjoyment