CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

But do you guys think the old model can compete with today's BP model?

No, because a massive portion of the gaming community will only play a game if they have the ability to pay in order to be bribed into playing the game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

But do you guys think the old model can compete with today's BP model?

Exactly. They're doing it because it fucking works. End of story. 

5 minutes ago, Hully said:

But here's the kicker, which is worse? A carrot-on-a-stick system that psychologically exploits children, or a loot box system that gets children addicted to gambling without them even realizing it? Obviously they're both this, but this past decade has shown it's basically one or the other.

I think both loot boxes and limited-time battle-passes should be illegal.

This is why I play primarily single-player games now, the less online components the better. Way less bullshit, although you do see it creeping in depending on the publisher. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

This is so shit

8cbkTtj.png

I can sort of see where the idea for the XP only from challenges comes from, as its clearly to try and curb the afk problem MCC had with its system.

But also, the idea that I could just stop progressing for the day because I completed all my challenges (ala MCC) is a pretty shit one. 

13 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I can sort of see where the idea for the XP only from challenges comes from, as its clearly to try and curb the afk problem MCC had with its system.

But also, the idea that I could just stop progressing for the day because I completed all my challenges (ala MCC) is a pretty shit one. 

I mean I don't even think the afk thing is that hard to fix they're just too scared to fix it. It would be easy to be like "you know what this guy has been trying to afk and trick the system for over 15 games this month so lets just ban his account" and you'd never hit the guy that had an emergency or other issue causing the afk. They just have to be willing to really punish the pattern instead of 5head strategizing around it

• Like (+1) 3

should there be some sort of xp incentive for finishing a match before five minutes? just to stop people from stat padding and what not

Great, radar is turning into the heartbeat sensor again and they're giving us yet another 343 certified dumbass progression system.  The news surrounding this game since the flight have been a total disaster.

• Like (+1) 7
  • WutFace (+0) 1

I don't care about this battlepass bullshit, however they should say thing or two about the ranking system. Menke working on it sort of gives me hope it will be clear, fair and functional.

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Great, radar is turning into the heartbeat sensor again and they're giving us yet another 343 certified dumbass progression system.  The news surrounding this game since the flight have been a total disaster.

I’m not surprised. All the casuals hated it 

Incoming out of the loop questions:

Shots to kill on the sidekick? What about the other guns in this game?. Promising comp settings possible?. 

24 minutes ago, Stephander said:

Incoming out of the loop questions:

Shots to kill on the sidekick?

Seven. 1.1 kill time.

What about the other guns in this game?

Commando kills in seven shots. 1 second kill time. BR is a 4 burst. 1.6 kill time. AR is nuts. 1.2 kill time.

Promising comp settings possible?

Not really. 

6 hours ago, OG Nick said:

This is so shit

8cbkTtj.png

Is 343 talking out of both sides of their mouth when they say, “We don’t want it to feel like a job” but then lock progression behind challenge completion?  

Were MCC ranks deliberately slowed to condition players to accept a grueling grind if play is attempted without the assistance of MTX boosts?  

Doesn’t that make those numbers popping up on screen during gameplay irrelevant?  If those flashing numbers arent actually contributing to your rank, do they still provide the same dopamine hit?  

8 hours ago, OG Nick said:

This is so shit

8cbkTtj.png

lmao is this fucking real life

They go through the trouble of making a battlepass system that doesn't expire but then make it so the only way to get XP is to complete challenges, which are usually some shit like "get 10 kills with this weapon no one uses" or "do this thing in-game that's going to really annoy your team"?

This fucking company

• Like (+1) 8

Command Stance 

While the player has a ‘Command Stance’ equipped, crouch is either enhanced or replaced by a new transformation.  Where Cloak and Armor Lock can only affect the user and nearby projectiles, Shadow and Sphere have the potential to exert significant influence over the entire map; shape it, rebuild it even.  

Armor Lock turns you into a repulsive rock for a moment.  Cloak makes you see-through indefinitely (while crouched and not attacking).  Shadow pancakes your player model and Sphere collapses it like a dying star.  

While the flat Shadow slides up a wall, the small Sphere rolls through it via Doggy Door (ground-height porthole covered by a small circular shield door).  Wall crawl or wall ball.  

Shadow has more inherent utility.  Sphere needs to synergize with map objects for maximum effect eg enter a small silo that you aim and fire yourself out of like a sentient cannon ball.  

While on sand, Shadow can collapse into the ground, forming a Sinkhole that swallows infantry and resets objectives.  Alternatively, Shadow can expand out of the ground, forming a Sandman capable of performing a few anti-vehicle attacks (sand stream, dune clap).  

Sphere can dock in an Energy Valve to remotely view and alter different parts of the map by activating/deactivating various elements eg energy bridge, shield door, gravity lift, teleporter, et c.  The team loses a fighting man but gains an eye in the sky, a hacker buddy on the phone, a Q Branch meant to relay pertinent information and modify the map to their advantage.   

While foot soldiers remain the core fighting units, Shadow and Sphere can interface with the map on a level that bipeds are not capable of.  

16 hours ago, iCUBANEX said:

Dude I'm not a 343 apologist. I'm just not getting all of the outrage for features That most people don't care. 

I'm a competitive player and I don't care if forge is released, 343 has to provide a decent variety of competitive maps from the Get go. 

And not be reliant on Grey maps. 

Imagine being a competitive player and not seeing the value of forge.

like, imagine Halo3 MLG, but relying on Bungie’s vanilla settings… 

imagine trusting 343 to have good competitive maps and settings when the task is left exclusively to their own volition. 

Crazy talk

• Like (+1) 9

Challenges should only count as completed if they finish the match. Otherwise, the quitting problem is going to excel when Joe Blow has his 20 kills.

And with challenges being the only way to gain XP then we have a daily/weekly XP cap? Is that something 343 really wants for their game? A reason to stop playing for the day or week?

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Command Stance 

While the player has a ‘Command Stance’ equipped, crouch is either enhanced or replaced by a new transformation.  Where Cloak and Armor Lock can only affect the user and nearby projectiles, Shadow and Sphere have the potential to exert significant influence over the entire map; shape it, rebuild it even.  

Armor Lock turns you into a repulsive rock for a moment.  Cloak makes you see-through indefinitely (while crouched and not attacking).  Shadow pancakes your player model and Sphere collapses it like a dying star.  

While the flat Shadow slides up a wall, the small Sphere rolls through it via Doggy Door (ground-height porthole covered by a small circular shield door).  Wall crawl or wall ball.  

Shadow has more inherent utility.  Sphere needs to synergize with map objects for maximum effect eg enter a small silo that you aim and fire yourself out of like a sentient cannon ball.  

While on sand, Shadow can collapse into the ground, forming a Sinkhole that swallows infantry and resets objectives.  Alternatively, Shadow can expand out of the ground, forming a Sandman capable of performing a few anti-vehicle attacks (sand stream, dune clap).  

Sphere can dock in an Energy Valve to remotely view and alter different parts of the map by activating/deactivating various elements eg energy bridge, shield door, gravity lift, teleporter, et c.  The team loses a fighting man but gains an eye in the sky, a hacker buddy on the phone, a Q Branch meant to relay pertinent information and modify the map to their advantage.   

While foot soldiers remain the core fighting units, Shadow and Sphere can interface with the map on a level that bipeds are not capable of.  

Once again, what the fuck are you talking about

• Thonking (+0) 1

16 hours ago, iCUBANEX said:

Dude I'm not a 343 apologist. I'm just not getting all of the outrage for features That most people don't care. 

I'm a competitive player and I don't care if forge is released, 343 has to provide a decent variety of competitive maps from the Get go. 

And not be reliant on Grey maps. 

Bruh, say goodbye to your octagon and every single competitive adjusted map 

Basically say goodbye to MLG Halo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Once again, what the fuck are you talking about

Items that enhance/modify Crouch.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

lmao is this fucking real life

They go through the trouble of making a battlepass system that doesn't expire but then make it so the only way to get XP is to complete challenges, which are usually some shit like "get 10 kills with this weapon no one uses" or "do this thing in-game that's going to really annoy your team"?

This fucking company

Because they are going to lock a shit ton of XP behind the campaign to force people into buying it. 

9 minutes ago, Mhunterjr said:

Imagine being a competitive player and not seeing the value of forge.

like, imagine Halo3 MLG, but relying on Bungie’s vanilla settings… 

imagine trusting 343 to have good competitive maps and settings when the task is left exclusively to their own volition. 

Crazy talk

You mean like CE? Or H2? Yeah I can imagine this games 

3 minutes ago, iCUBANEX said:

You mean like CE? Or H2? Yeah I can imagine this games 

Imagine being so dumb that you don’t realize the “Weapon Set” setting is a precursor to forge.  

10 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Apparently you can only progress battle pass by completing challenges.  

So were mostly likely going to have people throwing competitive matches trying to get some ridiculous challenge completed.  Their design decisions are fueled by greed.  They don't give a shit if it hurts the game.  

I wouldn’t even say fueled by greed. Greed would encourage them to use a system that actually brings joy to players, so that more people stick with the game and spend money, rather than just the dopamine addicted whales. 

this is is fueled by pure ignorance as to how their incentives negatively influence player behavior. Watching this happen now - after Achilles made Warzone unplayable - is dumbfounding. Especially since they’ve invested so much into on-boarding new players so that they can know the “proper” way to play Halo-> they go and couple all these bots, and spawn announcements, and training ground with a system that says “fuck all that try to get as many needler kills as you can”. 

• Like (+1) 1