CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I regret being banned from every Halo discord i've ever joined solely because of the feast my eyes are missing today

• Like (+1) 8

They literally admitted to us in their post-E3 Waypoint announcement that they wouldn't have everything ready by release, but you children weren't ready for that conversation then so here we are.

• Simms (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

They literally admitted to us in their post-E3 Waypoint announcement that they wouldn't have everything ready by release, but you children weren't ready for that conversation then so here we are.

haha, I would genuinely like to see the reaction this exact comment would get on r/Halo. 

11 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

What really worries me is the lack of marketing. Assuming the game launches Nov 15 (CE’s 20th anniversary), Infinite is less than 3 months away, yet we know almost nothing about the game’s campaign. NOW is the time to be hyping it up with trailers, sneak peek cutscenes and gameplay sessions showing the different environments, and other cool stuff. Don’t tell me this is gonna be some 4-6 hour snoozfest across a barebones semi-open world, and the campaign will be a “live service” just like the multiplayer where they’ll add new enemy bases to fight or whatever.

Nor are they hyping up any game types outside slayer and BTB. Or any side modes like Firefight/Spartan Ops. Apparently theatre only works for multiplayer, too.

All in all, my expectations are extremely low. Don’t even know if I’ll bother playing this game since I’ll be busy with school.

Assuming of course there is something they are going to deliver on launch...

10 hours ago, NAK said:

It isn't an excuse to release a broken or buggy game,...

precedent

5 hours ago, Munch said:

How fucked is it that a studio created as the custodians of a franchise have done nothing but manage it's decline for the past decade. How people didn't walk after MCC is beyond me.

What if they were tasked to ween everyone off Halo so they could close out the franchise and move on?

14 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

What if they were tasked to ween everyone off Halo

Do you think there would be gamers withdrawing in the streets, trying to perform double-shots on vending machines?  Coke, Coke, Pepsi.  YOU NEED TO PRACTICE THE TIMING!  

2 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

IIRC they said way more people play campaign actually 

BullSHIT. They play it when it comes out but the thing that’s getting played constantly is multiplayer 

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

To be fair people were more or less expecting stuff to not be ready, to be fire fight or a custom browser and maybe forge but coop campaign is a pretty big one. In my eyes the reason coop is lacking is because they don’t have developers familiar with an open world game.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Why would someone who is good at something want that thing to change?  This is why the competitive map pool is never updated and why pro opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.  They want what’s best for themselves, not the game.  

Right on the money

35 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Why would someone who is good at something want that thing to change?  This is why the competitive map pool is never updated and why pro opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.  They want what’s best for themselves, not the game.  

No bloom = no skill

I don't understand how Halo can call itself a competitive shooter without intense bloom and recoil tbh

22 minutes ago, PolyG said:

I don't understand how Halo can call itself a competitive shooter without intense bloom and recoil tbh

If you could be a fly on the wall in some of the design meetings I've been in.

Me: Hey why do we have random spread and bloom on this magnum?

Lead Designer: it's not a precision game man. 

Me: I don't know what to make of that

Or one from this week 

Me: Is there a reason there's so much dispersion on this RPG when you hip fire it?  (Dispersion is what they call spread)

Senior Designer: We just don't want you shooting at the vehicles too quickly. 

They're good people. They just don't have the same foundation as us. The (old) halo community in general is a bit more knowledgeable than most because we've seen so much evolution through games. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

6 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

it's not a precision game man. 

LMFAO

HAHAHA, oh ouch. Ouch... Okay I gotta stop before I hurt myself

32 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

If you could be a fly on the wall in some of the design meetings I've been in.

Me: Hey why do we have random spread and bloom on this magnum?

Lead Designer: it's not a precision game man. 

Me: I don't know what to make of that

Or one from this week 

Me: Is there a reason there's so much dispersion on this RPG when you hip fire it?  (Dispersion is what they call spread)

Senior Designer: We just don't want you shooting at the vehicles too quickly. 

They're good people. They just don't have the same foundation as us. The (old) halo community in general is a bit more knowledgeable than most because we've seen so much evolution through games. 

Most just aren’t competitive players that enjoy empowering individuals. In a game no randomness it gives competitive way too much power. That’s why games add controversial mechanics like bloom, spread or recoil you can’t control completely. It nerfs players like us, it’s intentional. That’s why so many reach fans love vanilla reach more than TU. 

• Like (+1) 3

I'd just like to say that I hated modern comp culture before it was cool 😎

8 minutes ago, xSociety said:

I have never seen a no-scope in Halo 5 that gave me they same level of hype as no-scopes from the original trilogy. 

Frosty is just so scared that he'll get passed up in a new game if it plays differently. 

He literally argued with me on his stream that it be better for comp to have a smaller strafe accel and speed, replace with thrust and his only excuse is because he plays for $$ in tournaments. Like he thinks I don’t understand that high level play when I very much do. I explained that a fast strafe is better, it’s not random like a thruster is. Sure you can predict a thrust but your prediction may be off and losing a fight because of a button press is bs. Hell the strafing in this is so insane that you could probably make two opponents shooting at you miss

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

4 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Pro Halo players and dogshit competitive Halo takes. Name a better duo. 

Boyo and being ahead of one’s time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

10 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Pro Halo players and dogshit competitive Halo takes. Name a better duo. 

Not a monolith but yes, don't treat eveything (most things) competitive players say as gospel, especially not if they've got no fucking clue what they're talking about. 

Like people like ShyWay are already basically in that circle and we ignore him, not that different to this. 

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly really like Shyway as a commentator and his pro gameplay analysis videos are pretty high quality, however his takes and defense of advanced mobility are really bad. 

• Like (+1) 4