CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

CE 4v4 can be bad depending on the map like Prisoner where it's pretty small or compressed but otherwise I love CE 4v4 and I never played CE multiplayer until MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

CE 4v4 can be bad depending on the map like Prisoner where it's pretty small or compressed but otherwise I love CE 4v4 and I never played CE multiplayer until MCC.

I hate prisoner so damn much. The design and they way it looks is just bad to me. I’m not a fan of asssymetrical maps, but I do have my exceptions like chill out is a nice design. 

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 4

8 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I hate prisoner so damn much. The design and they way it looks is just bad to me. I’m not a fan of asssymetrical maps, but I do have my exceptions like chill out is a nice design. 

Have you ever tried playing from the top of it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

19 hours ago, JordanB said:

I mean from a completive standpoint prisoner might not be the greatest for 4v4 but play in a social setting, then that's a good time. To me anyway.

20 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

yikes

• Like (+1) 2

It's painfully obvious this dude doesn't play the game, doesn't know fuck all about it, but still wants to talk like he does. Just stop. You look ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I hate you too.(but in a comedy like way) 

I know lmao. Lowkey fuck that casting shit yall should 1v1. I know who my money is on. 

• Fire (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I know lmao. Lowkey fuck that casting shit yall should 1v1. I know who my money is on. 

If it’s CE he will win, anything else he’s fucking done for.

2 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Fuck it do each Mcc game. I like the confidence. 

Fuck that, I do t like CE for many reasons hard. Literally the only good things about that game is a high FOV(lol 90 ain’t even high tbh but it’s the best we got atm) and a strong utility. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Fuck that, I do t like CE for many reasons hard. Literally the only good things about that game is a high FOV(lol 90 ain’t even high tbh but it’s the best we got atm) and a strong utility. 

So What? Might as well just play it on a no power up map lol. You never know you could win or come close with no playtime. That would be the ultimate ego. 

13 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

So What? Might as well just play it on a no power up map lol. You never know you could win or come close with no playtime. That would be the ultimate ego. 

No power ups id be cool with. 

2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Looo motherfucker I don’t play CE but from the decent amount of times I’ve played it, I don’t like it. Get it through your fucking skull not everyone likes CE. I like h2,3,& reach(TU and v7). Literally the only people who like CE the most grew up with it, there’s a minority amount who like it that didn’t. Ogre 2 grew up with CE and look he loves it, but most of the halo pros say h2 or 3 is their favorite, for a good fucking reason. 

Whether or not you, or anyone else likes the game is irrelevant to me. Like whatever you want. Just know what you're talking about. Every time you talk about the game, you speak in an authoritative tone, rather than one of humility where you can admit your own unfamiliarity. But the things you say make it abundantly clear that you have very little playtime with the game, especially against anyone good. It makes you look absurd. That's the thing about ignorance. A lot of times you don't know you're ignorant. But it's nicer for everyone else when you do.

The statements about the only people liking CE being older are obviously true. Like, no shit dude.  MCC is a poor version of the game. You can only play the best version of the game on old equipment that few people will go out of their way to play on. A lot of vital information is initially hidden from the user. It's not an easily approachable game. It makes sense that most people wouldn't like it, when their only experience with it is janky ass MCC where they're getting shit on by people with an enormous knowledge advantage. But the younger guys here that have put forth the effort to learn the game and play it the right way, guys like OG Nick, RVG Nomini, Ethereal Nights, Batchford, King Nick, Bronx Demon, Silos, Commander Eagle, Sandman, and a lot more...they were once in a similar position as you. But they had an open mind. They were curious about why the game was spoken about so highly. They were curious about how to play it. They were not content with their own ignorance.

As someone that has gone out of my way countless times and spent tons of hours to make the game approachable for new players (in the form of several video guides, written guides, loading customs and showing and explaining things to people 1 on 1, casting the game's tournaments, actively improving matchmaking settings, etc), I get annoyed when I see long term confident ignorance towards the game. Not only is it abundantly clear that you are clueless whenever you speak on the issue, but more dishearteningly, you show no desire to fix that. That's why I'm kind of a dick to you. Well, that, and your shitty adolescent attitude towards everyone on the forum. My attitude towards you would change overnight if those weren't the case anymore. So hate me all you want, but at least understand why.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Whether or not you, or anyone else likes the game is irrelevant to me. Like whatever you want. Just know what you're talking about. Every time you talk about the game, you speak in an authoritative tone, rather than one of humility where you can admit your own unfamiliarity. But the things you say make it abundantly clear that you have very little playtime with the game, especially against anyone good. It makes you look absurd. That's the thing about ignorance. A lot of times you don't know you're ignorant. But it's nicer for everyone else when you do.

The statements about the only people liking CE being older are obviously true. Like, no shit dude.  MCC is a poor version of the game. You can only play the best version of the game on old equipment that few people will go out of their way to play on. A lot of vital information is initially hidden from the user. It's not an easily approachable game. It makes sense that most people wouldn't like it, when their only experience with it is janky ass MCC where they're getting shit on by people with an enormous knowledge advantage. But the younger guys here that have put forth the effort to learn the game and play it the right way, guys like OG Nick, RVG Nomini, Ethereal Nights, Batchford, King Nick, Bronx Demon, Silos, Commander Eagle, Sandman, and a lot more...they were once in a similar position as you. But they had an open mind. They were curious about why the game was spoken about so highly. They were curious about how to play it. They were not content with their own ignorance.

As someone that has gone out of my way countless times and spent tons of hours to make the game approachable for new players (in the form of several video guides, written guides, loading customs and showing and explaining things to people 1 on 1, casting the game's tournaments, actively improving matchmaking settings, etc), I get annoyed when I see long term confident ignorance towards the game. Not only is it abundantly clear that you are clueless whenever you speak on the issue, but more dishearteningly, you show no desire to fix that. That's why I'm kind of a dick to you. Well, that, and your shitty adolescent attitude towards everyone on the forum. My attitude towards you would change overnight if those weren't the case anymore. So hate me all you want, but at least understand why.

I’ve looked at your videos, your  “how to play CE” I’ve incorporated it into my gameplay. I just personally hate CE. It’s not a relaxing game for me. Maybe if it wasn’t the mcc irritation I could like it, but since that’s not the case I just refuse.  It’s not a relaxing game, and it’s competitive feels random the way my shots are going. At least in other halosi know if I’m hitting the head. This games illusionary reticule makes that difficult and annoying to do. If one day they give us the option of a smaller reticule it might be more likeable. But currently in CE a guy can run at me in a straight line and somehow I’m missing my shots. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Maybe I just dislike greatly the attributes of CE. I don’t like the spawn system regardless of the “control” the player has.(its much better in my eyes that the game decides) because it can result in an “almost” preventable spawn trap. The buggy looking movement and strafe animations are pretty annoying but that’s easily because of the 01 engine. It’s not that great for 4s and I’m not a huge of fan of doubles. 

Also sure you’ve gone out of your way, but it’s pretty clear no one new is coming over to CE. You should understand anyone who grew up with h2 and beyond most likely won’t like h1 because it feels so drastically different in a way that’s not like able.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I’ve looked at your videos, your  “how to play CE” I’ve incorporated it into my gameplay. I just personally hate CE. It’s not a relaxing game for me. Maybe if it wasn’t the mcc irritation I could like it, but since that’s not the case I just refuse.  It’s not a relaxing game, and it’s competitive feels random the way my shots are going. At least in other halosi know if I’m hitting the head. This games illusionary reticule makes that difficult and annoying to do. If one day they give us the option of a smaller reticule it might be more likeable. But currently in CE a guy can run at me in a straight line and somehow I’m missing my shots. 

Learning where to aim the reticle is a huge part of the learning curve in H1 and even I miss what should be easy kills because my aim wasn't good for that play, but at least I know it's on me and not the game. Those plays can be nearly impossible to miss in other halos because the game aims for you a lot more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Learning where to aim the reticle is a huge part of the learning curve in H1 and even I miss what should be easy kills because my aim wasn't good for that play, but at least I know it's on me and not the game. Those plays can be nearly impossible to miss in other halos because the game aims for you a lot more.

Or maybe just the fact the bullet spread and reticule was made equivalent to one another. That’s like a very annoying thing for a in game reticule to be so misleading. If h1 was released today you’d have the masses of pc begging for a reticule size change in order to adjust to the spread and how the shots work.  I know you want to defend your beloved game but things like that can be annoying . 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach v7 is a prime example of a game that doesn’t aim for you. In my opinion that takes the most skill. You have to hit your shots, you’re even given a small reticule that makes sense for how it’s bullets work. In reach v7 if I miss my opponents head that’s 100% on me, it means my tracking sucked! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Or maybe just the fact the bullet spread and reticule was made equivalent to one another. That’s like a very annoying thing for a in game reticule to be so misleading. If h1 was released today you’d have the masses of pc begging for a reticule size change in order to adjust to the spread and how the shots work.  I know you want to defend your beloved game but things like that can be annoying . 

Yeah the reticle takes a lot of practice to get a feel for and I agree it can be annoying because I've missed critical kills where I would swear I was placing it correctly. One factor worth mentioning could be online latency, MCC is a little bit awkward (some would argue a lot) compared to OG lan feel.

• Upvote (+1) 1