CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Geaux Andrew said:

No way that will happen. 100% of Infinite's MP money is coming from cosmetics. A large incentive to buy cosmetics is to show it off and/or brag and for Halo, color is a large part of how a Spartan looks. I can already see 343 doing a gold skin for finishing a season pass or something. If people know that others can toggle that off, it lowers the incentive for them to get it. There won't be a toggle for the same reason Fortnite, Apex, and Overwatch don't have toggles. It will mess with the money.

I tend to agree with your line of thinking. Strange how people will choose skins that make them stand out visually. Even boardwalk used leaf colors that blended both red and blue in equally or at least tried to.

7 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Data minders found a video within the Infinite preview files with the Sword in it. Interesting changes

Reveal hidden contents

hYghqqM.gif

This is... Way funnier than I was expecting.

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

This is... Way funnier than I was expecting.

I don't see the problem, they are just bringing back the OG Halo 2 sword. 

• Simms (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

The new OS is actually kind of trash. I feel like it outright needs another bar even with the ability to carry it around. People get melted with custom in H3 in 2s and that's 3 bars with invincibility on pick up. The new OS will get absolutely crushed by any teamshot whatsoever especially in 4v4. Maybe they want it spawning more frequently or something but as it is it definitely won't serve the role of a setup breaking advantage to push in with at the same level we're accustomed to seeing. You'll see it get wasted A LOT

it seems more like a health reserve which is actually pretty cool

2 minutes ago, xSociety said:

I don't see the problem, they are just bringing back the OG Halo 2 sword. 

U rite

• Like (+1) 1

You know what Infinite is begging for, like maybe a year after launch? A Halo 3 remake that comes with a Halo 3 Anniversary Map Pack for Infinite. Like Halo 2, Halo 3 has plenty of iconic maps to fill in a map pack. It would be mega hyped plus the anniversary trilogy would be finished.

My choice for the map pack if it has to be 8

1. The Pit
  2. Guardian
  3. Construct
  4. Narrows
  5. High Ground
  6. Valhalla
  7. Avalanche
  8. Sandtrap

It's a nice blend of arena, BTB, and objective maps.

29 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

You know what Infinite is begging for, like maybe a year after launch? A Halo 3 remake that comes with a Halo 3 Anniversary Map Pack for Infinite. Like Halo 2, Halo 3 has plenty of iconic maps to fill in a map pack. It would be mega hyped plus the anniversary trilogy would be finished.

1. The Pit
  2. Guardian
  3. Construct
  4. Narrows
  5. High Ground
  6. Valhalla
  7. Avalanche
  8. Sandtrap

What I think is more likely is Halo 3 content added into Infinite. Like what BF Portal is doing.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, xSociety said:

What I think is more likely is Halo 3 content added into Infinite. Like what BF Portal is doing.

"We're proud to announce Halo Portal where you can play older Halo titles inside Infinite! It includes the classic games, Halo 4 and Halo 5! But don't worry, we know what you really want! All the DLC for Halo 4 and Halo 5 will also be included!"

Just now, Geaux Andrew said:

"We're proud to announce Halo Portal where you can play older Halo titles inside Infinite! It includes the classic games, Halo 4 and Halo 5! But don't worry, we know what you really want! All the DLC for Halo 4 and Halo 5 will also be included!"

"But wait! There's more! As a special treat to our long time Halo fans, we're happy to announce we're bringing back the classic M6D Magnum! It plays just like you remember it from Halo 5 Warzone! Now go get your three shot kills Spartans!"

• Like (+1) 1

Remember that massive argument we had over magnum spawns in halo 5. They announced it and then someone said we should spawn with it, and then another person was like "STUPID IDIOT ONLY A MORON WOULD SAY SUCH NONSENSE"

that's how I remember it anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Remember that massive argument we had over magnum spawns in halo 5. They announced it and then someone said we should spawn with it, and then another person was like "STUPID IDIOT ONLY A MORON WOULD SAY SUCH NONSENSE"

that's how I remember it anyway.

The actual discussion around the H5 pistol after the beta was how the recoil needed to be toned down along with the rate of fire but they needed to extend the RRR so that it would be consistent and viable for more than 15 yards in front of you. Hilariously the Infinite pistol has basically the identical problems that the H5 beta pistol did with essentially the exact same solutions.

I'm not entirely sure how that even happens but hopefully they will once again listen and respond to the same feedback in the same manner because the Infinite beta was more or less missing the H5 pistol in its sandbox to make everything just kind of work. They could tweak the BR to be a little less easy too and just let us spawn with that in ranked/competitive modes.

The people that wanted that CE magnum that they put into H5 were just trolling though

43 minutes ago, xSociety said:

agreed but they need to actually be faithful and retain LOS and jumps/ledges. 

4 hours ago, OG Nick said:

The outline system is a decent idea, just needs better implementation 

You know this thing that a bunch of games do well that has 0 impact on gameplay and just needs a little polish 3 months prerelease? We should scrap that cuz reasons.

7 hours ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

My own unpopular hot takes here:

I haven't been to much against some of the hot takes in here but I'm going to challenge a few of these because I really disagree with a couple of them.

-I really like the OS/Camo as equipment. Wether or not it is better for gameplay can be disputed, but the part of me that wants to efficiently conserve my resources absolutely loves the change. That and the implementation looked pretty good. Sure they are nerfed a bit, but really, how often do you get the most out of the whole duration in prior games? Also the ability to drop them on death is great and makes me think about not accidentally handing them over to the other team/stealing them for myself. I was never a fan of burning Camo or someone touching the OS spawn for invincibility in the middle of a fight. Granted, someone could duck behind cover to use them, but they definitely went out of their way to make sure you can't easily just panic-use them.

I probably disagree with this one the most, for a few reasons. The statement you made about getting the full use of a power-up is only contingent on your style of gameplay. Someone mentioned it in here previously, but when you picked up a power-up the incentive for you to be offensive presents itself inherently. Power-ups on most maps are directly in the middle of the map, there's only a few instances where that's not the case (i.e. H3 Guardian and I think Construct are the only two I can think of off the top of my head). Camo lasts for a 60 seconds, and in the context of a Halo match where you can die in 2 seconds, that seems relatively reasonable considering you can traverse half of a map in a matter of 5-10 seconds. So unless you picked up a power up and ran back into your base and then ran to the other base you should be getting the full use of it all the time. 

That actually leads me to the next point about it's usage in gameplay in that it's primarily going to be used in scenarios where you're guaranteed to get the win, this is how I used it and it worked every single time - You simply wait until you spot an enemy and pop OS. Good luck trying to kill me because none of your team will even know that I have it and the clueless enemy will try to engage me unknowing of that fact and die for free because he's not going to out shoot me. When OS is grabbed there is a very visible outliner that allows your team to coordinate around that person and fight them appropriately. Conversely, the other team is allowed to work around the OS person as well. There's a trade off on both sides. Now, I can see someone and just press the X button. This is basically the same thing as panic-use because I'm just going to press the button immediately; I feel like this is the only statement you made that's contradictory to its usage because you just have to press the button and it's done. It's not like he knows I'm going to have it so the urgency of a team, team-shotting me before I pop it is not there.

-I gotta admit that I have always liked having strong ARs. Always annoyed me the concept of it only being an easy starter weapon that gets forgotten at high levels of play. The casual inside me just loves the visceral feeling of melting things in close range. I've been glad to have the ARs be good ever since the Halo 4 Turbo Update that made it a 13 bodyshot kill. I can also appreciate it having now become more short-to-actual-mid range, now, too.

-With that said, I still prefer to be able to ALSO have my precision weapons alongside the auto at spawn. Generally never liked only having one or the other, instead of just having both. I like the well-rounded sense of versatility that having the two gun types at once gives me. I know that people here dislike the whole 'press Y to win' thing, but I've always kinda liked it. I'll admit that it is a tough thing to balance though.

It's not the strength of the AR that's necessarily the problem, it's the absolute lack of defense you have with your starting precision weapon that introduces the problem. The equivalent scenario would be when Halo 5 first came out; when AR and Storm Rifle absolutely dominated in matches. This game feels like how it would feel if you had AR/Gunfighter Magnum starts during that time, except the gunfighter magnum doesn't do as much damage and you can only kill one person per clip. When H5 first came out, if this was the scenario, absolutely no one would play this. The bloom is really the problem here, the reason the AR is so good is because the kill time is too fast compared to another gun that can kill you faster, but causes you to miss randomly because you're shooting at the max rate of fire; which is silly because the AR can be used from hella distance in this game at its max rate of fire and can still kill you relatively quickly as opposed to the pistol which you have to pace at all distances.

-While not sure I'm a fan of the Sidekick Pistol being unable to help cover the long-range bracket, I really can appreciate how they are trying to clearly separate the utility weapon into two separate precision weapons instead of one that does it all, and is part of why I always thought that spammy Magnums from the past should kill faster with the range limitaion. The Sidekick Pistol sucks at a distance but the BR and Commando are very clearly generally inferior at close range with how much more difficult they are to hit shots while so close to the opponent. If I had either, I often found myself switching to the Sidekick for easier and more reactive shots in close-range duels.

I dont think it needs to be able to kill all the way across the map. I think the current range is fine, it's really the current implementation of bloom that's killing it because you have all these other weapons that it absolutely cannot contest properly at least mid range. The commando from my gameplay experience absolutely shreds the pistol up close; if you adjust your aim settings (I modified mine quite a bit to get it to actually feel good) the commando annhilates. I ran into Eco/Renegade/Stellur/Bound when the PVP playlist went alive and you have no idea how ineffective that thing is against teams rushing you down with map pickups and ARs when you can't hit all your shots because of bloom. You die almost instantaneously. The BR is pretty effective at almost every range except point blank but that's always been the case to be fair so not really too much of a surprise there.

----

Everything else, I don't really have an opinion on, or I agree with. I agree with the equipment points for example because I thought the grapple shot was going to be extremely irritating until I used it, it's not that bad at all except when they come up out of nowhere and melee you - But that's just because the melees in the tech test were kinda broken where people would just clip through you and you had to turn around. The drop shield is really not that big of a deal wither because they break in one shot and takes like 3 seconds to actually come out.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Geaux Andrew said:

1. The Pit
  2. Guardian
  3. Construct
  4. Narrows
  5. High Ground
  6. Valhalla
  7. Avalanche
  8. Sandtrap

Imagine making a list including BTB maps from Halo 3 and not putting Standoff, the single best functionally symmetric BTB map in Halo history, on that list.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Banshee, Flood variant 

The Elite Banshee can flip and fire banshee bombs.  The Flood Banshee can kamikaze and crop dust.  

Kamikaze boosts the craft into the targeted area of the map, creating an autonomously expanding base camp for flood on impact (a Flood Zone, if you will).  Unless destroyed, the flood-stuff from the wreckage spreads, turning a small portion of the map into a protected spawn zone for flood players.  A flood cloud eventually engulfs the area, acting as regen for flood players and power drain for everyone else.  

Crop Dust drops a bunch of spores out the back of the craft that reanimate corpses on the battlefield.  These AI flood forms will congregate at a flood zone and automatically follow the first friendly player to go by.  

5 hours ago, OG Nick said:

The outline system is a decent idea, just needs better implementation 

100% they know this. I believe they deliberately made the bots blue with red outlines to test opposites and gather feedback. 100% it will change for the better.

5 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I want one good reason why we shouldn’t have an option to enable team colors if we want.

I can give you the reason, I can't give you a good reason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Imagine making a list including BTB maps from Halo 3 and not putting Standoff, the single best functionally symmetric BTB map in Halo history, on that list.

I wouldn't include it either because I'm 100% sure they would see fit to punish me for eternity by putting it into social 4v4 settings too just like H3. These dudes tried to make us compete on overgrowth they shouldn't be allowed to have a map like standoff in their map pool because they would absolutely misuse it 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

You guys will have to speak up I can't hear you over the morons on Reddit telling me ce has bloom.

Does it not have bloom? Spread is where bullets stray from the reticle no matter how fast or slow you shoot. Bloom is where shots stray from the reticle the faster you shoot.

Not even being sarcastic. How is this not bloom?

• Like (+1) 1

Depends on how you define "bloom". I think the more accurate explanation is that the Pistol has two fire modes: automatic and semi-automatic. When firing automatic, the Pistol has a ridiculous amount of spread. When firing semi-automatic, it's spread is negligible.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t think CE went far enough with reticle bloom on automatic fire.  If you hold the trigger down, the recoil should repeatedly kick the weapon up until you accentally brain yourself with it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I don’t think CE went far enough with reticle bloom on automatic fire.  If you hold the trigger down, the recoil should repeatedly kick the weapon up until you accentally brain yourself with it.  

Blain*

1 hour ago, ripharambe said:

Does it not have bloom? Spread is where bullets stray from the reticle no matter how fast or slow you shoot. Bloom is where shots stray from the reticle the faster you shoot.

Not even being sarcastic. How is this not bloom?

because most people havnt played ce more then a few hours and dont understand that no one holds the trigger down (unless its in a modded setting like mcc team doubles) and when spamming the trigger it mostly stays within the reticule. the video even shows that

this video is fake news made back when people tried to convince people bloom was good for halo because its always been in the game, and reach only visualized it. they remove all the context and trick people into thinking its similar 

• Like (+1) 7