CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Just now, darkstar said:

I’d like to see at the very least an option to force red vs blue on your own screen. And as far as outlines go, I think it’s redundant to outline enemies; just outline teammates with green or your team’s color and call it a day.

I think outlining your own team only is probably better than both. Though I guess visibility could be an issue. I wouldn't be surprised if RvB for a player isn't an option/wouldn't be added a some point.

2 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I’d like to see at the very least an option to force red vs blue on your own screen. And as far as outlines go, I think it’s redundant to outline enemies; just outline teammates with green or your team’s color and call it a day.

No way that will happen. 100% of Infinite's MP money is coming from cosmetics. A large incentive to buy cosmetics is to show it off and/or brag and for Halo, color is a large part of how a Spartan looks. I can already see 343 doing a gold skin for finishing a season pass or something. If people know that others can toggle that off, it lowers the incentive for them to get it. There won't be a toggle for the same reason Fortnite, Apex, and Overwatch don't have toggles. It will mess with the money.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Geaux Andrew said:

I'm not a fan of the look of all the powerups. It's a little disc hovering a few feet above the ground. It's not exiting or enticing. Powerups/equiptment or whatever they're called now need to feel awesome to grab, not just activate.

Ive never been a fan of them since 343 showed them off before Halo 5's release. I remember bitching about burning the OS/camo mid animation before the game even released

16fe5cd4e39c8cf36ead8b1a201e899d.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

I think an outline and service tag over friendlies should be all you need. But then I bet money comp players would all just use the darkest armor coating to try and hide better. 

The entire shield visuals/pop/etc need some love anyway, hopefully they can get it in a better state for release. 

I want one good reason why we shouldn’t have an option to enable team colors if we want.

• Like (+1) 1

I got used to the outlines in 5 minutes after I picked decent constrasting ones. Pineapple vs purple works. My issue is it's hard to tell oversheild is on and the sheild situation in general needs work.

• Like (+1) 1

They should just code it so everyone else sees default coloring when in the actual game and get rid of the outlines. For the pre-game catwalk bullishit, whatever. 

You guys will have to speak up I can't hear you over the morons on Reddit telling me ce has bloom.

• Like (+1) 6

I didn't have any issues with the outlines. I'm used to similar stuff in Destiny. Not that it couldn't be improved and made more clear, but IMO the bigger issue for me was the fact that teammates did not have Gamertags or Service Tags to help further highlight them. That alone is enough for me, enemies without a friendly tag over them is enough for me to know to instinctively shoot them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

You guys will have to speak up I can't hear you over the morons on Reddit telling me ce has bloom.

Don’t blame the clowns for acting like clowns. Instead ask yourself why you’re going to the circus.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the betting pool open for release dates? I'm putting my money on Nov. 12 since its the Friday before Nov. 15, 20-year anniversary of Halo and an opportunity for an event to gain attention for Infinite.

If I'm right, I want $30 of the in-game currency in Infinite so I can buy the Mountain-Dew bundle.

10 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Is the betting pool open for release dates? I'm putting my money on Nov. 12 since its the Friday before Nov. 15, 20-year anniversary of Halo and an opportunity for an event to gain attention for Infinite.

If I'm right, I want $30 of the in-game currency in Infinite so I can buy the Mountain-Dew bundle.

Games' release on Tuesdays though. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

The Halo 1 pistol is simultaneously the most overpowered unbalanced gun ever and also a convenient thing to point to as an example as how to "bloom" can "balance" a gun without it being unskillful, according to Reddit. Just ignore the fact the bloom (*spread*) was almost non existent compared to the sidekick bloom, and firing slower or faster had zero effect on where bullets went. 

• Like (+1) 3

I would hope a release date between thanksgiving and Christmas.

16 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Games' release on Tuesdays though. 

Microsoft and a few other publishers have been releasing games on Friday as well. Forza Horizon 5 is releasing on a Friday. I plan to edit the date in my post to whatever it is so I can win my bet regardless so it doesn't really matter.

• Simms (+1) 1

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugw9_BwICpS3QmsFV-J4AaABCQ

in the full vid he makes a good point about delegating the outlines to teammates only. but it should just be an optional setting as others said. 

I wanna see if my teammates are weak or have OS. the waypoint indicator is sometimes good (in previous halo at least) but being there right next to them helps too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I hope the energy sword doesn't sound like an electric enema this time.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I hope the energy sword doesn't sound like an electric enema this time.

Narrator: It does

• WutFace (+0) 1

2 hours ago, xSociety said:

Pineapple vs Light Purple   >   Red vs Blue

Come at me. 

Aren't the former generally the colors used in Color Blind modes for people?

The VISR outlines in ODST looked better than whatever was in the flight.

1 minute ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Aren't the former generally the colors used in Color Blind modes for people?

Not sure, I tried them out after someone mentioned them on here and I liked them a bit better, as far as outlines go. 

6 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Narrator: It does

Was it even in the tech demo?

Just now, Mr Grim said:

Was it even in the tech demo?

Nope, sadly. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they change the sword in a really weird way like they did with the Hammer. 

2 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Nope, sadly. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they change the sword in a really weird way like they did with the Hammer. 

Data minders found a video within the Infinite preview files with the Sword in it. Interesting changes

Spoiler

hYghqqM.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1