CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, TeeJaY said:

How would you feel about a shrink ray?

It’s not the correct way to handle player model transformation but transformation isn’t inherently bad.  

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

This right here is halos problem. In halo people want to spawn hella strong and YET want weapons on the map to be useful.

Alt-fire is how non-power weapon map pick-ups are made viable while retaining a strong spawn utility weapon.  

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Alt-fire is how non-power weapon map pick-ups are made viable while retaining a strong spawn utility weapon.  

How! What alt fire are you giving weapons that don’t make them dogshit?!

everyone here is against crowd control or poison mechanics. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boyo said:

It’s not the correct way to handle player model transformation but transformation isn’t inherently bad.  

He was asking about shrink ray. What were you talking about?

59 minutes ago, Mow said:

I think the real question that no one is asking is, WHY?

Same as having a turning wheel or a bridge or gate that can change the paths of a game.

13 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

What alt fire are you giving weapons that don’t make them dogshit?!

The Plasma Repeater generates heat with primary fire.  Alt-fire expels that heat as a close range attack, simultaneously cooling the weapon.  

10 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

He was asking about shrink ray. What were you talking about?

Modifying the size/shape of the player model.  I think there are ways of doing it that can work but a shrink ray isn’t it.  For example, Shadow utilizes a transformation that makes the user part of the map.  

Shadow flattens the player model down to a dark patch that slides over the ground and even up walls.  From this form, two transformations are possible: Sink Hole to swallow infantry or Sandman to perform unique anti-vehicle attacks.  

Man, i hope players footsteps aren’t too loud in Infinite, as it rules out being able to do 1v1’s properly. 

I really do miss the 1v1’s back in the Halo Reach days. they got the views on youtube too.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The Plasma Repeater generates heat with primary fire.  Alt-fire expels that heat as a close range attack, simultaneously cooling the weapon.  

I think the opposite: When nearing max heat you can shotgun-blast the heat for a bolt-shot type damage attack, but then you have an extended cooling period. Use it wisely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I think the opposite: When nearing max heat you can shotgun-blast the heat for a bolt-shot type damage attack, but then you have an extended cooling period. Use it wisely.

I can see the logic behind that but I see this mechanic almost like the H2 double shot reload glitch.  You get extra damage as well as a full magazine, allowing you to quickly transition to the next enemy.  The finisher for enemy one preps the player for enemy two.  

Just now, Boyo said:

I can see the logic behind that but I see this mechanic almost like the H2 double shot reload glitch.  You get extra damage as well as a full magazine, allowing you to quickly transition to the next enemy.  The finisher for enemy one preps the player for enemy two.  

I guess I just don't like reward without risk

4 hours ago, Geaux Andrew said:

I'm curious to those who played Infinite on PC, does it feel like a PC shooter? I played Halo 2 Vista and MCC on PC and I can't help but feel like Halo doesn't play right with a M+K. I played MCC for a little bit on PC and I only wanted to stick with silly customs because traditional matches didn't feel right to me. It just made me want to play CS or something else.

Yes it does. That has been my issue with other Halo games on pc. It never nailed the aiming but for the first time it actually feel good on mouse and keyboard. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, L0l0 said:

Yes it does. That has been my issue with other Halo games on pc. It never nailed the aiming but for the first time it actually feel good on mouse and keyboard. 

Yeah it felt pretty good and I had no issue with tracking still could be better but it was better than mcc

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Yeah it felt pretty good and I had no issue with tracking still could be better but it was better than mcc

Yea aiming could be improved a bit especially with the sniper. No other game sniping wise have felt this awkward to me.

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

I guess I just don't like reward without risk

The player can choose between a slower, interruptible cooldown by not firing or a faster, uninterruptible cooldown by venting.  

21 minutes ago, Mhunterjr said:

I can’t really think of any downsides to replacing sprint with auto-sprint.

basically just bump BMS up to sprint speed. Automatically transition to the sprint animation if you’re running forward w/o shooting. You shoot out of sprint instantly with no speed penalty. 

slide enabled based on forward velocity. Cancel slide, by pulling back. 

basically, you’re back to having a single move speed like CE-3 but you have speed sensation people associate with the sprint animation.

Also, players could toggle off the first player sprint animation, since it would really just be window dressing.

then we free up a button, and I can get grenade switching off of the DPad.

I've contemplated this very thing before... All you really need to do is sell the illusion of sprint. Most people that want sprint don't actually understand game design enough to tell the difference, hence you could just make the game seem like it has sprint while still functioning as a Halo game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Apart from being a one shot sniper rifle, what is the point of the  skewer 

It's supposedly better as an anti-vehicle weapon. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Apart from being a one shot sniper rifle, what is the point of the  skewer 

It’s this game’s binary rifle.  

I'm in agreement the game doesn't need a return of the Halo 1 pistol because I do think Halo 1 made many of the other guns on the map completely useless. However, the starting weapon needs to at least be able to threaten other players and right now the Sidekick just doesn't do that unless you're in point blank range of another player. Go watch footage of PvP from the flight and see how much slower the game becomes compared to playing against the bots that just charge at you. I was constantly getting players to no shields across the map and there was no way for me to finish the kill and I'd have to run around and find more ammo. The BR is even worse.

The solution?

6 years later and this video is still relevant. If you're not going to allow me to laser beam enemies across the map with a .6 TTK, at least let me do some fucking permanent damage to them!

If I dump half a pistol magazine into some prick that keeps on taking peak shots at me I want to feel like I'm actually accomplishing something, even if I don't get the kill.

I can live with no utility weapon if I can get someone to no shields and then smash them next time we have an encounter because they're sitting on 10HP and I can shoot them in the foot and get a kill once they're no shields.

INB4 "huuuurrrr duuur health packs in [current year]."

Apex Legends has a shields and health system that is incredibly convoluted and the game is one of the most popular FPS in the world right now. Clearly zoomers don't care about health packs if they're implemented well, hell at this stage they actually expect health packs. We already KNOW they work well from Halo 1, so just bring them back FFS!

• Like (+1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Moyceyy said:

Man, i hope players footsteps aren’t too loud in Infinite, as it rules out being able to do 1v1’s properly. 

I really do miss the 1v1’s back in the Halo Reach days. they got the views on youtube too.

lol, WTF? They should be louder if anything.

In Quake 3 you hear players bunny hopping all over the place and pretty sure 1v1 in that game is better than 1v1 in... REACH?!?! Ugh. I honestly feel sorry for you if you think Reach of all games has a good 1v1 experience.

In UT2K this was taken a step further with floor boards creaking and certain metallic sounds if you stood on certain areas. Eg on Rankin there was water on the ground near the Super Shield so players would hear splashing when a player was near the SS.

If you want a good 1v1 experience you want sound to be MORE important, not LESS important.

39 minutes ago, xSociety said:

It's supposedly better as an anti-vehicle weapon. 

It's a boring version of the Spartan Laser IMO which is a much better weapon as it required a charge before firing at least allowing the vehicle pilot some form of counter play.

It might be fun if it can impale a warthog to the side of a cliff or something, but it's a pretty redundant weapon when the spartan laser and railgun already exist in the Halo universe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@Pyroteq If you believe players should never be discouraged from firing at enemies, should the utility have unlimited ammo?  

Should players with full health be able to pick up health packs?  

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

@Pyroteq If you believe players should never be discouraged from firing at enemies, should the utility have unlimited ammo?  

Should players with full health be able to pick up health packs?  

No and no.

Unlimited ammo would allow you to just pre-fire corners all over the place, especially since Halo is normally played 4v4. Would be open to abuse.

Health packs should only be able to be picked up if you're under 100% HP like pretty much every other arena FPS. We're not talking health vials here that can put you on 110HP, 115HP, etc. Think of it how you can't deny players picking up ammo for an AR if you're full ammo or picking up grenades if you already have full grenade capacity.

I mean, I'd fully be open to at least trying Halo but with a Quake/UT style HP/armour system without regenerating shields at all, but I think the removal of regenerating shields is too big a departure from classic Halo.

• Like (+1) 1

im not sure health packs really fixes the issue. i never played reach past the TU, but i remember it feeling like the worst in terms of team shotting and just in general hiding when low shields bull shit. i remember how aids it was on pinnacle.. and that had health. also you cant remove shields from halo with the mechanics it has. you can never 1v1 someone with low shields in a br fight, even the pistol from ce wouldnt do it. it works in quake because the maps are designed for it and same with the movement speed and weapons

• Like (+1) 1