CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

14 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

I did for one reason. This game is closer to being good, even great, than we have had in idk a decade? You can feel the potential when you play. Compared to Halo 5, which had a ceiling of "decent" that was never realized, this game needs a series of tweaks and no real complete overhauls imo.

Infinite is a weaker version of Halo 5 though. The individual has less potential...at the moment. That's literally the opposite of what everyone has wanted. Way weaker pistol, sameish AR. Far less movement skill. Worse maps (IMO). The only difference between the two is a weaker sprint and no thrust/ ground pound. Regardless, all of it adds up to individuals having less impact which is what you typically look at to measure a skillgap. As it stands, Halo Infinite has probably the weakest individual player in the entire series if pistol starts stay, which I actually think will happen. And this is coming from someone who played Halo 5 all of 2 months before I said it sucks. 

Infinite is the most overhyped 343 project yet. Call me a hater or downer or whatever lol. Infinite is the exact plasticky, bloomy, run and gun on COD maps, shoot peas across the map we expected. Most importantly, go play Halo 1/2/3 and go straight to a 343 game. They aren't Halos and Infinite still isn't Halo. Not even the same planet in terms of feel or gameplay. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Has this beta actually got you guys thinking that 343 may have turned the corner finally to deliver a true Halo experience, or at least better than Reach was at any time?

If the answer to this first question is YES, then carry on...

If the answer to this first question is NO, then my second question would be, why continue with Halo when you have Splitgate at your download today? Get involved with Splitgate heavily. BE can reach out and partner with them to make it better in every direction - weapon characteristics, level design (both layout and art), avatar characteristics, game play mechanic tweeking - everything.

So why not? What is holding all of you back from embracing a game that plays more like Halo than Halo does? It's still being ran by a small (somewhat infancy) dev team that might actually want the kind of embracing from a group that you all represent for Halo. I think being Halo fans, they would find you guys refreshing to community with.

8 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

have Splitgate at your download today? Get involved with Splitgate heavily

Because of the game itself sucks because of portals 

• Downvote (-1) 3

49 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

So where's the big uproar from the enhanced mobility crowd now that sprint is confirmed to do jack shit speed-wise? Haven't seen one single complaint anywhere. It's almost as if they'll play Halo regardless of its gameplay mechanics.

Isn't it hilarious?

All I saw all over Reddit leading up to Halo 5 was "OMG NOW I FEEL LIKE A SPARTAN FROM THE BOOKS!!11111ELEVEN".

I will bet you money if I were to waste my time going through those exact same peoples post history they'll be the ones saying "THANK YOU 343 SPRINT IS MUCH MORE BALANCED NOW AND NO MORE SWEATY THRUSTERS"

I say fuck it.  Drop the sideshit all together and gives a man's weapon.  One that has 12 bullets with no recoil and only bloom if you hold the trigger.  One that has a hell of a mid range and a decent long range.  One that takes three shots to kill but is a actually hard to do because it doesn't have hardly any aim assist or bullet magnetism.  One that has projectile bullets that requires leading based on distance. Give us the mother fucking M6D that we all deserve.  Sent down from the heavens to bless the wasteland of Halo debauchery.  

Just give us the fucking M6D!  

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4

50 minutes ago, Twis7ed said:

Infinite is a weaker version of Halo 5 though. The individual has less potential...at the moment. That's literally the opposite of what everyone has wanted. Way weaker pistol, sameish AR. Far less movement skill. Worse maps (IMO). The only difference between the two is a weaker sprint and no thrust/ ground pound. Regardless, all of it adds up to individuals having less impact which is what you typically look at to measure a skillgap. As it stands, Halo Infinite has probably the weakest individual player in the entire series if pistol starts stay, which I actually think will happen. And this is coming from someone who played Halo 5 all of 2 months before I said it sucks. 

Infinite is the most overhyped 343 project yet. Call me a hater or downer or whatever lol. Infinite is the exact plasticky, bloomy, run and gun on COD maps, shoot peas across the map we expected. Most importantly, go play Halo 1/2/3 and go straight to a 343 game. They aren't Halos and Infinite still isn't Halo. Not even the same planet in terms of feel or gameplay. 

I don't have the time to go through everything wrong here just yet but less movement skill is flat out wrong. Spamming thrust every fight does not equal movement skill. 

Infinite at least has a strafe, honestly it's an insanely good strafe, and the shooting skill gap is way wider. We just need a select few weapon adjustments to make the individual stronger. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I say fuck it.  Drop the sideshit all together and gives a man's weapon.  One that has 12 bullets with no recoil and only bloom if you hold the trigger.  One that has a hell of a mid range and a decent long range.  One that takes three shots to kill but is a actually hard to do because it doesn't have hardly any aim assist or bullet magnetism.  One that has projectile bullets that requires leading based on distance. Give us the mother fucking M6D that we all deserve.  Sent down from the heavens to bless the wasteland of Halo debauchery.  

Just give us the fucking M6D!  

tenor.gif

We might eventually. They did say they'd be bringing back old guns as DLC. 

This is basically the honeymoon period, don't take Reddit or Waypoint seriously. 

As a matter of fact, don't take either of them seriously at all. 

Also, where are all the AR kids crawling out from? They're seriously trying to claim that nobody used anything but the pistol in Halo 5. 

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

Isn't it hilarious?

All I saw all over Reddit leading up to Halo 5 was "OMG NOW I FEEL LIKE A SPARTAN FROM THE BOOKS!!11111ELEVEN".

I will bet you money if I were to waste my time going through those exact same peoples post history they'll be the ones saying "THANK YOU 343 SPRINT IS MUCH MORE BALANCED NOW AND NO MORE SWEATY THRUSTERS"

Uhh it’s obvious y’all havent gone on Reddit. There’s a hot post complaining that sprint is like 2% improvement

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

No its literally the same pixel density. Just more pixels on each side. 

Oh I'm thinking of a 2560x1440p 34" monitor. I'm like... Why? Nvm though lol

16 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

This is basically the honeymoon period, don't take Reddit or Waypoint seriously. 

Also, where are all the AR kids crawling out from? They're seriously trying to claim that nobody used anything but the pistol in Halo 5. 

After the update the average match is nothing but pistols. Y’all don’t even play h5 so how would y’all know they’re wrong? I do and guess what even social all it is, is people using the pistol and rarely pick anything else. lol I only pick up the LR because of the 4sk and 3sk potential. Actually read more than one post on Reddit and you’ll realize what they want. And deep down they’re tired of the utility in halo 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Here’s the issue with this, they’re trying not to have a h5 pistol situation. 

Wut? Even with those changes the range would still be shorter, still take more bullets to kill, still have shorter zoom, still have significantly less aim assist and bullet magnetism than the h5 magnum. Not even close.

1 hour ago, Twis7ed said:

I don't actually disagree (mostly, but I'm not getting into it because I'm lazy and tired rn) but it's also not representing my argument accurately at all. Like I said, there is great potential here but seeing potential and believing it will be a reality are not at all the same thing.  I just don't feel the desire to end every post with, "but obviously 343 will fuck it up".  

I do think you're overly pessimistic.  Unlike H4 and 5 you can fix this game by tweaking what already exists.  You don't need to rip out entire chunks of the game wholesale. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Oh man, I dare them to go watch the first year of Halo 5 HCS.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Wut? Even with those changes the range would still be shorter, still take more bullets to kill, still have shorter zoom, still have significantly less aim assist and bullet magnetism than the h5 magnum. Not even close.

If it gets a RRR buff it’ll be just like the h5 magnum and just because it’s bullet mag is lower hardly means a thing. People want you to change your starting weapon and not feel like they’re doing something wrong. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

11 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Gets a single kill in infinite

50000 different medals

First of all this is the best iteration of medals we've had from 343 in terms of both Jeff's voice and the amount of medals. Medals come from special or unique actions. A normal headshot kill won't net you a medal, but a perfect kill (now it's actually time-based and not just shot based making it even harder) will net you a medal. I'm sorry that getting 2 medals for a reversal perfect kill is "50000 medals" to you.

Aside from the poor aesthetics, Infinite's medals seem to be rewarded for actions that are actually "different" to standard kills. Remember Reach had medals for killing someone sprinting or just getting a headshot. Halo 2/3+ have medals for just beating someone down. This isn't Halo 4 with every single action netting a medal, you do have to actually do something outside a normal kill to get one.

If we all respond to the survey asking for the old medal aesthetic they may change it. If not, we'll just have to trust that NavG responded with it.

On 8/2/2021 at 10:03 PM, Botheredhat360 said:

blackpilled again

11 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

blackpilled again

Can't believe you posted the same statement 50000 times.

6 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Why 

so much

screen shake 

If you bothered to check the settings, you'd notice you can set it to 0%. But why look in settings when you can just complain about it?

2 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Ok so it's not just me that sees infinite as being really plasticky? 

The shield crack effects are also so fucking poor. 

They updated the rubbish honeycomb shield regen effects from the 2020 trailer so I would say the shield effects are not completed yet.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

You do realize that the portals are constrained by map design?

you have all the pieces already developed. The issue I see is limiting how much teleport can be achieved on a map and where?

i mean halo has teleport already and now Spider-Man grapple movements.

Well at least @Boyo may want to run his alt ideas by them ;) 

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I was skeptical as well due to this gimmick but after playing it's not what I thought it'd be an it's well thought out. It doesn't feel like a gimmick in-game (therefore it isn't one).

I feel like the same people who were hailing H5 as the "best multiplayer Halo ever" are the exact same people saying "they struck a good balance this time".

I didn't play the tech demo but it gives me the same feelings as tournament-sterilized H4.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I was skeptical as well due to this gimmick but after playing it's not what I thought it'd be an it's well thought out. It doesn't feel like a gimmick in-game (therefore it isn't one).

You haven’t played on that high level I have. It is so frustrating because the way people play is shoot portal shoot portal. The reason people hate sprint is because of the get out of jail free cards once people face someone who’s really good at abusing them they’ll hate it. One thing split gate never did was balance when you can use a portal. If it had say the thrust 4 seconds that be balanced 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

2 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

If the answer to this first question is NO, then my second question would be, why continue with Halo when you have Splitgate at your download today? Get involved with Splitgate heavily. BE can reach out and partner with them to make it better in every direction - weapon characteristics, level design (both layout and art), avatar characteristics, game play mechanic tweeking - everything.

TeamBeyond liking Splitgate is incredibly funny. Its Halo 4. It looks like Halo 4, it feels like Halo 4. It has sprint. The AR does headshot damage, has barely any recoil/spread, and there's no shield mechanic so it absolutely melts. The plasma rifle feels like it kills faster than the H5 storm rifle. The maps are mostly bad and they look like Halo 4 maps. And the portals? People here literally argue that sprint and thrust make games random. If you want to see actual randomness, add fucking portals.

I don't hate the game, I have a couple hundred hours on it. It's fun to mess around on. I'd still be playing it here and there if they didn't bring in thousands of controller players with aimbots.

2 hours ago, xSociety said:

I don't have the time to go through everything wrong here just yet but less movement skill is flat out wrong. Spamming thrust every fight does not equal movement skill. 

Infinite at least has a strafe, honestly it's an insanely good strafe, and the shooting skill gap is way wider. We just need a select few weapon adjustments to make the individual stronger. 

TIL that mashing my strafe keys in a random pattern takes more skill than "spamming" my thrust, nevermind that the thrust commits me to a set trajectory and has a long enough cooldown that I can realistically use it once per engagement. The bar for Halo movement skill is extremely low, but Halo 5 is the best it has ever been by far. To think otherwise is ignorant.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, hhhh said:

don't hate the game, I have a couple hundred hours on it. It's fun to mess around on. I'd still be playing it here and there if they didn't bring in thousands of controller players with aimbots.

Exactly i used to play it all the time but then it fucking sucked

• Salt (-1) 1

11 minutes ago, hhhh said:

TeamBeyond liking Splitgate is incredibly funny. Its Halo 4. It looks like Halo 4, it feels like Halo 4. It has sprint. The AR does headshot damage, has barely any recoil/spread, and there's no shield mechanic so it absolutely melts. The plasma rifle feels like it kills faster than the H5 storm rifle. The maps are mostly bad and they look like Halo 4 maps. And the portals? People here literally argue that sprint and thrust make games random. If you want to see actual randomness, add fucking portals.

I don't hate the game, I have a couple hundred hours on it. It's fun to mess around on. I'd still be playing it here and there if they didn't bring in thousands of controller players with aimbots.

TIL that mashing my strafe keys in a random pattern takes more skill than "spamming" my thrust, nevermind that the thrust commits me to a set trajectory and has a long enough cooldown that I can realistically use it once per engagement. The bar for Halo movement skill is extremely low, but Halo 5 is the best it has ever been by far. To think otherwise is ignorant.

We are open to splitgate because it's a halo-ish game that isn't developed by 343. That's it. Also halo 5 is trash absolute garbage dogshit and your joke of excuse for why thrust is ok is really silly. If it was any good they would have kept it in the game, but it was an absolute gimmick that 343 wisely decided to leave in the past. Plus, if you like thrust you can always go back and play halo 5 ;)

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

3 hours ago, Twis7ed said:

It has a much bigger aim skillgap. Bigger overall than most previous Halos with obvious exception of CE. That's literally what we wanted. This game will have less teamshot than every Bungie game except for CE. And if you want it to equal CE in terms of aim skillgap or individual player power that's never going happen no matter how much both of us would love that.