CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Did you try setting the min FPS cap and Max FPS cap to the same value?  That gave me a big FPS jump without changing any low, medium, high settings.  Oddly enough. I went from like 60 fps to 90 - 100.  And my CPU and GPU aren't nearly as good as yours. 

They are already tweeting to be prepared for the next flight.  Maybe there won't be big gaps between flights?  Would be nice if they gave us a rough idea of how many flights they are shooting for.  3?  10? 

Setting higher min fps was a dynamic resolution thing, so your internal res would lower itself to try and match min fps. If you looked closely you'd notice it was blurry when you had longer line of sight and crisper when not much was on your screen. 

It was workable but I suspect the final game will be much cleaner looking due to not needing to lower res to get passable fps. 

• Like (+1) 1

I fucking figured it out. I've been playing this and it felt like something i played before. 

The movement feels a bit like cod bo4

• Thonking (+0) 2

1 minute ago, Fuadiks said:

Hi! My name is Fuad and I am new here

Wat up Fuad Shot!  Welcome to the community.  What’s your favorite Halo game?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fuadiks said:

Hi! My name is Fuad and I am new here

Sup Lord Faudquaad! Welcome.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Setting higher min fps was a dynamic resolution thing, so your internal res would lower itself to try and match min fps. If you looked closely you'd notice it was blurry when you had longer line of sight and crisper when not much was on your screen. 

It was workable but I suspect the final game will be much cleaner looking due to not needing to lower res to get passable fps. 

Ahh that makes perfect sense

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Just realized I only recorded a random snippet of gameplay from the flight so if anybody is curious how it looks on an Ultrawide monitor here ya go. MnK, 101 FoV.

Despite the ~100fps, it still looks so horrendously choppy lol. Wonder what the frametime graph looks like

I was pushing 200fps in the academy with a 9700k+3060 and 130-140fps in the bot matches, I had everything set to low and the min+max fps cap set to 240. I was getting significantly more fps than pretty much every streamer that I checked out who all had better builds thanks mine, so obviously the game is very badly optimised atm but considering I was getting the frames that I was getting I imagine it will be significantly better for everyone by launch.

2 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

As these surveys are rolling out, I hope this community is united in pushing for a faster TTK on the BR. 

Not you’re unrealistic desire of .6 seconds 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

54 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

@Reamis25 is the only good player on this forum. I’m not surprised that he and I are the only ones to have received a survey.

Mofo I didn’t receive shit

5 minutes ago, MrMoth1st said:

was playing around with the plasma pistol and sadly it's hard to noob combo people 

It’s like reach and h3 plasma pistol, you can’t just shoot it and it instantly hit like h5 and h2.

Just now, NavG123 said:

So we’re all in agreement that playable brutes are priority #1?

brutes are going to be the next dino. If craig is playable then I'm fine with it

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

No I thought it was assassinations.  We may need to rethink our appointment of community liaison. 

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

As these surveys are rolling out, I hope this community is united in pushing for a faster TTK on the BR. 

If they don't change the burst spread and aim assists, I don't think I want a faster TTK on the BR. I'd much rather have a more powerful pistol with a larger magazine. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

No, we should ignore this franchise’s vast universe and unique species within.  Halo should only feature human vs human gameplay, like every other game.  

2 hours ago, xSociety said:

They said they are only sending out a very small number of surveys compared to the amount that played. Would be too much to go through. 

Just realized I only recorded a random snippet of gameplay from the flight so if anybody is curious how it looks on an Ultrawide monitor here ya go. MnK, 101 FoV.

Gameplay isn't my best that's for sure. Plasma pistol actually slaps though. 

I am loving this. Your are actually seeing bigger portion of the battleground if I am not mistaken.

19 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

If they don't change the burst spread and aim assists, I don't think I want a faster TTK on the BR. I'd much rather have a more powerful pistol with a larger magazine. 

Pistol 

4 shot kill 

12 round magazine 

0.9s killtime 

BR 

4 burst kill 

36 round magazine 

1.4s killtime 

AR   

13 bodyshot kill 

40 round magazine 

1.5s killtime 

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Pistol 

4 shot kill 

12 round magazine 

0.9s killtime 

BR 

4 burst kill 

36 round magazine 

1.4s killtime 

AR   

13 bodyshot kill 

40 round magazine 

1.5s killtime 

something about the pistol makes it feel stronger idk what tho. sound?

This is probably the fastest vanilla Halo game we've ever had, I just dont like how collapse heavy this game is. This is primarily due to the fact that if your starting weapons are useless against multiple people (especially at a distance) so rushing together with teammates is the best strategy because individuals don't have enough ammo to fight two people consecutively. I feel like this would play SIGNIFICANTLY better than just forcing you to rush people down constantly in order to get kills. They honestly should do ONE technical test with AR/Pistol without bloom on the pistol to see how it plays. AR kill times are just way too strong to be left defenseless when you're alone.