CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Just now, Hemlax said:

Fuck. We shouldn't be talking about aim. Not after Halo has been around for 20 years. Not after Halo 5.

If Halo would just move primarily to m/kb we wouldn't keep dealing with this

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

If Halo would just move primarily to m/kb we wouldn't keep dealing with this

Yeah but other games doesn't seems to be having this problem. They seems to be working on both kbm and controller properly. It's not about whether controller players have an advantage of more autoaim/magnetism, it's just off in some way again no matter what you are using. Too many people talk about this. This sets the game to be fundamentaly broken and refused by the players generally, not giving it chance to grow across the platforms. Noone is going to spend half of the playing time fighting with the controll settings. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Yeah but other games doesn't seems to be having this problem. They seems to be working on both kbm and controller properly.

That’s why there’s always a shit ton of mouse players bitching about controller 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

Yeah but other games doesn't seems to be having this problem. They seems to be working on both kbm and controller properly. It's not about whether controller players have an advantage of more autoaim/magnetism, it's just off in some way again no matter what you are using. Too many people talk about this. This set's the game to be fundamentaly broken and refused by the players generally, not giving it chance to grow across the platforms. Noone is going to spend half of the playing time fighting with the controll settings. 

This is the most important thing for 343 to take away from the beta.

The aiming mechanics are unacceptable. I have no idea if its the curves or input delay or whatever. Really I have no fucking clue but as a player I do know that every single Halo game until Halo 5 never had this issue. I do know that every single game currently on MCC does not have this issue with a controller. I do know that I have never had this problem with any other released FPS title in memory with a controller and never on your classic games such as CS or Quake on mkb. Whatever they're doing to cause this to be a problem has to stop now and it is absolutely a problem that 343 industries is causing. It doesn't matter how well balanced the game is or what features they have or how it looks. Inputs have to work as expected and as they always have for the controller players coming from or continuing to play on console because that is the standard and the same can be said for the mkb inputs with regard to the normal standard set by PC titles for anyone on those respective platforms to take this game seriously or to enjoy it fully. That isn't a big ask. That is the expectation that every single gamer comes in with and they have to meet it. They will actually ruin this game if they cannot manage that. It's that important.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

As someone that has never been Xbox vs Playstation or Console vs PC or any other Us vs Them duality bullshit, I am so happy crossplay has finally arrived. Having my Xbox and PC friends able to play MCC together has been so great. The idea of playing the new Battlefield with my Playstation friends is A+++. I've always dreamed of playing games like Bad Company 2 with PS3 and 360 playerbases united.

Now it's finally here. I'm sure they'll add input-based matchmaking so gamepad players can play with gamepads and mouse players can play with mouse players. They added it to MCC and it's not a stretch to believe they'll add it to Infinite.

I understand not only is it very difficult to balance gamepad vs mouse, but that it can never be perfectly balanced but like... fuck man...

I am so happy crossplay is here. I just wish it was here in 2010 so I could've have played with my playstation friends.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

This is the most important thing for 343 to take away from the beta.

Aiming has been shit since Halo 3 TBH.

Halo 3 had an awful frame rate and what felt like input delay.

It felt like playing a PC game with VSync enabled.

Aiming is shit because it feels griddy and hiccups when frame drops

Try moving your reticle in a circle in Infinite and then do it again in any other Halo that isn't h5 or 3, its very hard to get a smooth rotation in this game as of right now

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Sitri said:

Hot take: I don't think the sidekick needs to be a utility weapon. Nerf the AR so it's only good at stripping shields, and let it combo with the sidekick's fast swap speed.

The problem with using both weapon slots to fulfill one role is that combo-ability gets tossed as soon as you pick up a map weapon.  This is why alt-fire would be so good for Halo, you retain the combo-ability of multiple attacks without occupying both weapon slots.  

10 hours ago, boogerman said:

its not a side arm you take out when you run out of ammo on your main weapon

Unfortunately, that’s exactly what 343 wants it to be.  If they had the technical prowess, I’m sure Last Stand would be in the game too.  

9 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

It's clearly intended to be a sidearm only.

A good Halo game would have no use for a half-weapon.  I really thought they got the CoD out of their system with 4.  Fucking hacks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Fuck. We shouldn't be talking about aim. Not after Halo has been around for 20 years. Not after Halo 5.

MRW I’m losing a fight because of terrible aiming mechanics:

tenor.gif?itemid=17559000

• Simms (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

All those terms are made up zoomer terms.

Autoaim means bullets hit enemies when your reticle is "close enough" to them. The term has been around since 90's FPS. As the name suggests, it's automatically aiming for you.

Aim assist means the reticle slows down when you get near/on a target. As the name implies, it ASSISTS you in aiming more precisely but it doesn't aim for you.

these terms have been used since at least the early 2000s when ive been going on online forums about video games. auto aim doesnt just mean gta style lock on, its also used in the same way people describe aim assist. maybe not the word sticky reticule, but ive just seen that called aim assist even though bullet magnetism which is different also falls under aim assist 

and in halos case and other games ive played, its not thte reticule that slows down. it also sticks to the target and will physically move your reticule by itself. ive not played more then a couple hours of halo 4-5 so im not sure if its still the case, but thats how its been in the past. also bullet magnetism is in halo, so you can be completely off the target and have bullets hit on target because the bullets home on them.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

MRW I’m losing a fight because of terrible aiming mechanics:

tenor.gif?itemid=17559000

Controller players when they’re unable to hit shots with their preferred input method in a game they’ve been playing since kindergarten.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4

13 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I don't know what the exact tuning is for each weapon. But I'll say 

Magnetism + projectiles makes weird behavior. Like intentionally leading your shot but the magnetism corrects it early on and then it ends up missing because it targeted where the player was before? You'll see this with the plasma repeater burst rifle thing, it's hard to choose how to lead it because it also tracks. 

As for your second question - also depends per weapon, per game. Most guns in Destiny are hitscan but they fire off fake tracer rounds. At long range snipes you can see the player die instantly while the actual visual round hasn't even gotten close to them yet. It's possible 343 is doing something similar with the  BR rounds and the visual is just a faked particle. Gears of War was really bad about this with the lancer, for years I was leading shots like crazy because the bullets travel like spiker bullets super slowly in the air, turns out the gun was hitscan. I couldn't tell you what was what with infinite. 

Projectile + bullet magnetism isn’t that hard. I implemented a 2d version of it (the math is the same in 3D) to verify that it works. You just have to project where the target will be at the time the bullet reaches it using the targets velocity. If you’re leading perfectly, no magnetism is applied at all. 

4 hours ago, Killmachine said:

Aiming is shit because it feels griddy and hiccups when frame drops

Try moving your reticle in a circle in Infinite and then do it again in any other Halo that isn't h5 or 3, its very hard to get a smooth rotation in this game as of right now

Aiming with MnK felt a lot better for me on PC Sunday afternoon. I was getting pretty much consistent 100 fps.  I hope they can really do some good PC optimization and get the aiming feeling better before launch or even in the next "preview"

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Aiming with MnK felt a lot better for me on PC Sunday afternoon. I was getting pretty much consistent 100 fps.  I hope they can really do some good PC optimization and get the aiming feeling better before launch or even in the next "preview"

Perf optimizations usually happen at the end of the dev cycle so let's hope! I should be getting 200+ fps locked with my rig but sadly this flight is terribly optimized. 

Custom games are going to be :fire::fire: btw. Fucking unlimited grapple shot CTF, rockets, shotty snipes, etc. Can't wait for all that tbh. 

Also, I hope they bring back a ton of weapons from past Halo games and make them work how they did, no H5 CE Magnum bullshit. Bring back the M6D, projectile and all, same with H3 BR. Even if just for customs or competitive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

11 hours ago, NAK said:

I think half the kills I have gotten my first two games have happened because the people on the other team are sprinting around and it makes for an easy kill. 

That's no excuse for them. Shooting out of sprint is instant.

9 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

If you tap fire it, it is leethuL AF

I found 3 short bursts did the trick and extends the range considerably, even more than tap firing.  I tested in academy (admittedly by feel not frame by frame analysis or anything) If you tap fire fast enough to throw the same number of bullets as those bursts, the recoil never resets but with bursts it does.

4 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

Aiming has been shit since Halo 3 TBH.

Halo 3 had an awful frame rate and what felt like input delay.

It felt like playing a PC game with VSync enabled.

Halo 4 aiming was fine, which makes 343s multiple failures since then kind of mind blowingly bad.

Also, in the biggest "no shit" news of the flight:

https://www.gamesradar.com/halo-infinite-battle-royale-file-discovered-during-technical-test/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

I'm late to the discussion. I'm seeing comments about ttk but haven't seen the data yet except for aozolai's vids. He hasn't done the sidekick yet--so what's the sidekicks ttk? And is there a compiled list somewhere?

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

Controller players when they’re unable to hit shots with their preferred input method in a game they’ve been playing since kindergarten.

I have friends who used to love playing console passionately and now that they are adults with disposable income and can afford PC's they have become PC elitists and shit all over gamepad users.

Hypocritical chucklefucks. I'll always treasure my console days and never judge input preference.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

All those terms are made up zoomer terms.

Autoaim means bullets hit enemies when your reticle is "close enough" to them. The term has been around since 90's FPS. As the name suggests, it's automatically aiming for you.

Aim assist means the reticle slows down when you get near/on a target. As the name implies, it ASSISTS you in aiming more precisely but it doesn't aim for you.

So we're not actually referring to different concepts, but just using different terms for them.

Autoaim sounds exactly like what I described bullet magnetism to be. Likewise for aim assist and sticky reticle.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/2/2021 at 9:17 AM, OldBlu said:

I'm late to the discussion. I'm seeing comments about ttk but haven't seen the data yet except for aozolai's vids. He hasn't done the sidekick yet--so what's the sidekicks ttk? And is there a compiled list somewhere?

Commando 1 second (might be .95)

Sidekick 1.23 seconds

AR 1.15 seconds for headshot bonus 1.4 for body shots

BR 1.53 second Edited: Because some details were incorrect.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

BR - 1.6 sec

Sidekick - 1.2

Commando - 1.0

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

Commando 1 second (might be .95)

Sidekick 1.23 seconds

AR 1.25 seconds

BR 1.53 seconds

Sidekick medium to long range: No data available