CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Lol controller kids needing more aim assist. 

Yes. They do, and it's not funny. The controller is an inferior input method by comparison to MnK, you are using smaller, and more imprecise muscles to do the same action. 

Drop the ego.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

tried using the Sidekick a bit more and it made the game much more fun than running around with the AR despite how hard it is to aim on 30FPS with con

30fps no wonder you’re having a shit time 

12 minutes ago, Astronautic II said:

Yes. They do, and it's not funny. The controller is an inferior input method by comparison to MnK, you are using smaller, and more imprecise muscles to do the same action. 

Drop the ego.

Fuck you! We MnK players had to deal with constant bs on mcc where we didn’t stand a chance. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Mouse>Controller, also why is pros like snake and shit we’re doing just fine in their streams? Look I won’t deny aiming isn’t great but the aim assist as it is, is fine. It’s enough where you for ONCE actually have to touch your right stick. First halo ever you actually need to do that. 

• Salt (-1) 1

17 minutes ago, xSociety said:

aPG just said in LxthuL's stream that their team skins are on the BR, so the starting weapon for comp will definitely be BR.

:fire:

I don't see this as a good thing TBH. The TTK on the BR is an eternity, I hate how zoomed in the scope is and YET AGAIN that would mean a divided community where tournaments and casual playlists have different starting weapons.

I can't even imagine Bazaar with the TTK of the BR, there's so many corners and stuff to hide behind. If you thought Lockout or The Pit slayer was boring I can't even imagine how that map would play with that average TTK.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Astronautic II said:

Drop the ego.

The game does not need more aim assist. If they can make it even more difficult but not ridiculous that would be even better. No more hand holding. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Fuck you! We MnK players had to deal with constant bs on mcc where we didn’t stand a chance. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Mouse>Controller, also why is pros like snake and shit we’re doing just fine in their streams? Look I won’t deny aiming isn’t great but the aim assist as it is, is fine. It’s enough where you for ONCE actually have to touch your right stick. First halo ever you actually need to do that. 

Someone making the argument: "Because this negative thing happened to me, it should happen to you instead of the problem actually being fixed." lacks both logic, and emotional maturity.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If you spawn with a BR the aim assist is fine. Probably too much honestly. If they intend the sidekick to be a starting weapon then the game is fucked for everyone with a controller. It would literally just be people running up on each other not putting down shots and probably just using the AR instead most of the time

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

I don't see this as a good thing TBH. The TTK on the BR is an eternity, I hate how zoomed in the scope is and YET AGAIN that would mean a divided community where tournaments and casual playlists have different starting weapons.

I can't even imagine Bazaar with the TTK of the BR, there's so many corners and stuff to hide behind. If you thought Lockout or The Pit slayer was boring I can't even imagine how that map would play with that average TTK.

TTK on Bazzar with the Sidekick is an even bigger joke because the gun has no range. Also, the avg TTK of the sidekick is longer than the BR. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Astronautic II said:

Someone making the argument: "Because this negative thing happened to me, it should happen to you instead of the problem actually being fixed." lacks both logic, and emotional maturity.

That's not the argument. 

The argument is MnK SHOULD have an advantage because it takes more skill to use, and the game isn't doing any aiming for you unlike the controller. He was just pointing out how easy controller players have had it in MCC. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Astronautic II said:

If the aim assist increases mouse and key will be obsolete. If pro players have no issues aiming on controller it’s obvious to me your aim isn’t as good as YOU think it is. You’ve played halo 1+ and thought you was good but the truth is that aim assist doing most of the work. In past games you can win a fight by not even touching your stick. 
Thank you @xSociety

If the BR is the starting weapon for HCS, it needs to at least have a faster TTK than the AR. 

Swap the commando's TTK with the BR's.

9 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Also, the avg TTK of the sidekick is longer than the BR. 

Is it really? It sure doesn't feel like it, but I haven't sat their measuring the frame times and shit for each shot or anything though.

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

If the aim assist increases mouse and key will be obsolete. If pro players have no issues aiming on controller it’s obvious to me your aim isn’t as good as YOU think it is. You’ve played halo 1+ and thought you was good but the truth is that aim assist doing most of the work. In past games you can win a fight by not even touching your stick. 
Thank you @xSociety

No.

If you've been paying any attention to my posts at all you'd know that I play on MnK. But when Frosty says that the aim assist is too low on controller, and I see this effect how people play then I must say that something must be done.

Definitely think the BR needs some tweaking if it is going to the the starting completive weapon. I'd make it a slightly faster TTK and projectile based, but that won't happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

Increased strafe speed + BR starts + Sniper with spread and bloom. This game will be a disaster for MnK if they take it a notch further and increase auto aim for controller.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Astronautic II said:

No.

If you've been paying any attention to my posts at all you'd know that I play on MnK. But when Frosty says that the aim assist is too low on controller, and I see this effect how people play then I must say that something must be done.

Yeah I mean if we stop trolling for a second and actually examine how these guns are working with a controller and watch people run up blasting and blow entire clips without anyone dying if they aren't quite close to each other its obvious something needs to change. Halo Infinite was playing like a PC game that "supported" controllers but wasn't meant for them and as a Halo game that's crazy and bad since almost everyone that actually plays is a console kid

I think the BR was a little over the top ease of use wise and I'm mostly cool with the commando but that sidekick is a bad console experience without a doubt. The AR is stupidly overpowered for what it is. Also sniping is probably the worst experience its ever been in Halo. Its SO slow no matter what you do with the zoom sensitivity settings 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Astronautic II said:

No.

Frosty also would prefer a low strafe but with thrust fuck his word. His aim was down right near perfect rom what I could tell too

35 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

Not only is the ttk shit but out of all the guns in this game that is easiest precision weapon to use by a fucking mile. It's the only gun where you can have nothing but the border of your reticle touching and you will still get a hit. I'd much rather have commando or even sidekick starts:wutface: than BR starts.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Why can't we rotate the camera during the death cam? 

58 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Increased strafe speed + BR starts + Sniper with spread and bloom. This game will be a disaster for MnK if they take it a notch further and increase auto aim for controller.

We're suggesting AIM ASSIST for control, not auto aim. Auto aim should be reduced even further or removed entirely. Controller users will end up with a game that's harder than Halo 1 but still possible to hit targets with practise. Right now precision weapons are incredibly difficult on controller and I say this as primarily a PC gamer with a few thousand hours of Halo 1 and Halo 2 tournament play on console.

The first 2 days I was literally running around like an AR kid spamming shit to death. I started using the Sidekick today out of necessity since it was playing other players and at close range (red reticle for Sidekick) my aim ok considering 30 FPS and I was winning a decent amount of one on one battles, but at mid range... Forget about it. I looked like a game journalist attempt to play Doom.

lol, Reddit is so salty about radar. "But how can I possibly know where everyone is at all times without communicating if I can rely on radar to see through walls for me, waaaaah".

The radar in Halo is so generous compared to pretty much every other FPS in existence, I have no idea why they all seem to rely on it so much. There's a ping system in the game so you don't even need a mic plugged in FFS, plus the team outlines show you when they're in a fire fight. That's way more information than other Halo games provided you.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Astronautic II said:

Drop the ego.

Using a controller is a choice. Consoles support mouse and keyboard now, and you can get both for cheaper than a stock Xbox controller. I don't mind at all if you prefer to play on controller/racing wheel/DDR pad, but you shouldn't be rewarded with software assistance for choosing shit hardware. Not in ranked/tournaments at least. Aim assist and magnetism hurt the skill gap more than sprint and automatic weapons ever did.

32 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

We're suggesting AIM ASSIST for control, not auto aim. Auto aim should be reduced even further or removed entirely. Controller users will end up with a game that's harder than Halo 1 but still possible to hit targets with practise. Right now precision weapons are incredibly difficult on controller and I say this as primarily a PC gamer with a few thousand hours of Halo 1 and Halo 2 tournament play on console.

The first 2 days I was literally running around like an AR kid spamming shit to death. I started using the Sidekick today out of necessity since it was playing other players and at close range (red reticle for Sidekick) my aim ok considering 30 FPS and I was winning a decent amount of one on one battles, but at mid range... Forget about it. I looked like a game journalist attempt to play Doom.

People thought it was hard to aim in Halo 3 too. Doesn't hold up now that you can run the game at decent frame rates. Infinite will be the same, aim assist will be more than strong enough. The sidekick sucks on mouse too btw.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

30 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

We're suggesting AIM ASSIST for control, not auto aim.

I don't understand the distinction you're making here.

I define the relevant terms here as follows:

• Aim Assist - The total impact of the mechanics designed to make shooting easier for controller players.
  • Sticky Reticle - When your reticle moves over an enemy and it partially sticks to them preventing your joystick movement from overshooting your target.
  • Bullet Magnetism - When the center of your reticle is partially off your target, but the bullets magnetize to your target and connect anyways.
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Sounds like sidekick is only effective short range and has the stopping power of a hand gun. Well that seems reasonable - it is a handgun.

Sounds like AR is fully automatic pumping out rounds faster than the BR and thus can do more damage. Well that seems reasonable - it pumps out more rounds.

Sounds so reasonable to me, weapons actually behaving like in real life...

Ah yes, Halo has always been famous for it's realism. I'm glad they're bringing more realism to the game. I hope they bring limping if you get shot in the leg so you can't strafe. Halo really suits realism, I hope they add more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 6

All those terms are made up zoomer terms.

Autoaim means bullets hit enemies when your reticle is "close enough" to them. The term has been around since 90's FPS. As the name suggests, it's automatically aiming for you.

Aim assist means the reticle slows down when you get near/on a target. As the name implies, it ASSISTS you in aiming more precisely but it doesn't aim for you.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Fuck. We shouldn't be talking about aim. Not after Halo has been around for 20 years. Not after Halo 5.