CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

58 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Mofo you literally can’t control Horizontal recoil 

You absolutely can—it's harder, and likely even more difficult on console, but you absolutely can. Good CS players can maintain a really tight bullet spread for a full AK clip.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

Why do 3rd world countries still look like 3rd world countries 500 years into the future? 

It's like Star Wars where they have Warp drives and cities that cover the surface of entire planets but people still age normally and die when they are 80. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

You absolutely can—it's harder, and likely even more difficult on console, but you absolutely can. Good CS players can maintain a really tight bullet spread for a full AK clip.

Damn guess it really is something. I find controlling horizontal so difficult 

22 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

But it's not a timely fix? Mouse aiming is one of, if not THE most important factor of your FPS. If they didn't realise shit was fucked YEARS AGO that's a pretty worrying sign.

Shitty mouse aiming shouldn't leave alpha let alone make it into a technical flight a few months before release.

I Blame it on the fact no one on the team is a mouse player so they wouldn’t know good mouse aiming if it spit them in the face. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

Mate it's an FPS that's been in development for like 6 years. I would hope they have the mouse feeling great in the first 6 months of development or there are serious issues. You don't get "props" for delivering the fundamentals.

After playing the map Bazaar any hope I had for this game is very rapidly disappearing. If you did a fly through of this map and told me it was from CoD I would not have a single reason to disbelieve you.

It's pretty embarrassing to have a beta with the frame rates in the cellar for top end systems and MK issues that should have been glaring for some time. I've always wondered why they rolled their own engine. But these types of issues make me think that is the wrong question to ask.

On the other point of Bazaar, I thought it came out of CSGO. But ultimately it comes from the imaginations of the developers. They cannot create something that they cannot imagine. Sort of gives us insight into what they are imagining all day long, and perhaps the source for their inspiration.

But at least they have shiny solar panels to reflect ambient light and help advertise the new engine's lighting capabilities. :)

• Like (+1) 1

Bazaar is probably the weakest map of the three. Feels like a really amateur forge map, given its commitment to symmetry, while not having that symmetry actually play into the map flow at all. Like, does anyone ever bother walking into the enemy's side of the map, as opposed to just sticking to the middle portion? And I imagine you're only in your "base" when you're fresh off spawn, and never again as long as you don't die. I assume the reason why something like Sanctuary works while Bazaar doesnt is that each side has something valuable: the sniper. And if you got a team mate in the right position, you still got someone backing you up from mid or even from your home base as you dive into enemy territory to steal their sniper before they can take it.

Is it actually possible to get a one hit kill with the Bulldog shotgun? It seems to be 2 shots minimum, at least with the ranges they provide you with in the Academy.

It's really weird because the 2 shot minimum range is actually pretty far distance (as far as video game shotguns go) so I don't understand why the weapon even exists since it's probably barely faster than the AR unless you're able to melee immediately after firing the first shot.

It feels weaker than the Mauler from H3.

On the topic of guns, the sniper ROF is sooooooooooo slow, holy crap. It feels like it's 3-4X slower than Halo 1.

Shame, I thought bizarre actually looked good. Hopefully there's some covenant themed maps that aren't ugly as fuck like 5s were.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Shame, I thought bizarre actually looked good. Hopefully there's some covenant themed maps that aren't ugly as fuck like 5s were.

On second look, I think it is actually symmetrical, but there's just so many little nooks and crannies for people to hide in, get caught on, etc.

The actual basic layout isn't bad, it's just too overdone. If they remove some clutter and maybe get rid of some of the hiding spots it would be ok.

Edit - Just got the map again (I've only gotten it 3 times so far). I had a closer look. The layout is actually quite good and arena in design. It just suffers from too much clutter and they've tried to hard to make an arena style map NOT look like an arena style map instead of just embracing it.

Remove a bit of clutter and clean it up and it would actually be a pretty good CTF map IMO.

Yeah, Bazaar is literally a shitty CoD4 map. Terrible.

Foundation from Halo 2 would have been better than this shit map. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It is blatantly the worst map. Its extremely out of place in a Halo game visually and by design.

I guess when they were hyping it up they were hinting at all of the cod4 nostalgia I would get from it

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game confirms to me what people say about how dev teams fuck around in research and development for years sometimes before they start to build anything  coherent. 

I don't think it is a bad game at all, but the idea that this was being built and implemented on for anything close to six years is laughable. It makes me think that a lot of those rumors that were being spread around about this game's development cycle really were true. I hope we get the full story some day. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NAK said:

This game confirms to me what people say about how dev teams fuck around in research and development for years sometimes before they start to build anything  coherent. 

I don't think it is a bad game at all, but the idea that this was being built and implemented on for anything close to six years is laughable. It makes me think that a lot of those rumors that were being spread around about this game's development cycle really were true. I hope we get the full story some day. 

Oh, its almost certain that this current version of Infinite only came into existence like two or three years ago. Game's probably been scrapped and restarted several times by the time it became what we see now. No other Halo game has had a dev cycle this long, after all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

It is blatantly the worst map. Its extremely out of place in a Halo game visually and by design.

I guess when they were hyping it up they were hinting at all of the cod4 nostalgia I would get from it

Let's not tarnish the name of CoD4, lol. It's more like MW2 Favela.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

Quake Champions has hero abilities. Also there was issues with hit registration early on, proprietary launcher, beta with no end in sight, etc.

My point exactly, it was trying to be something it isn't. Remind you of something?

Unreal stopped getting any development when Epic realised they had a hit with Fortnite and could rake in a billion dollars just by having someone in their art team make a new skin in a few hours.

Again, my point exactly. They realised arena shooter is not something that has a chance of huge success right now. 

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

I got down voted the other day for stating the obvious, tables, chairs and that kind of clutter has no place in Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait a second, Sprint seemingly only exists to allow sliding to happen, right? But sliding is activated by crouching while sprinting. And now regular walking doesnt show up on the radar, which was crouching's main draw.

Are we seriously keeping two buttons tied up just to facilitate one mechanic.

26 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

Wait a second, Sprint seemingly only exists to allow sliding to happen, right? But sliding is activated by crouching while sprinting. And now regular walking doesnt show up on the radar, which was crouching's main draw.

Are we seriously keeping two buttons tied up just to facilitate one mechanic.

Masses wouldn't want to play without the sprint. That's their reasoning. And they might be right to certain extent. They just don't want to take the risk of proving the masses otherwise.

5 hours ago, NAK said:

It's like Star Wars where they have Warp drives and cities that cover the surface of entire planets but people still age normally and die when they are 80. 

Soft vs hard scifi

I like the rather simple designs of the maps, plus the lack of intrusive geometry. Moving around a Halo 5 map always felt like a chore. Bazaar is the weakest of the 3 maps but it's not really what I would call a bad map. It's just sort of okay. Also, the CSGO comparisons are lazy. It's a more compact version of District from Halo 2.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Soft vs hard scifi

Star Wars isn’t sci-fi.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

Bazaar and Recharge are definitely weak Slayer maps. If they come up again in future flights I hope we get to see a control Objective on Recharge and some CTF on Bazaar.

I also hope that the weapon layouts on all these maps change a bit. There are an abundance of Plasma Pistols currently, and Rifles tend to be spawning in fairly strong areas that are too easy to control with said rifle with the one exception so far being the House Elbow rifle spawn on Live Fire, but that has the issue of putting both rifles in the same area of the map, so controlling the Nest will typically also mean control of the Elbow rifle.
I would like to see rifles not spawning in immediately advantageous areas and for some of the Plasma Pistols to be replaced with more widely useful weapons to make some of the areas they're currently in feel less like dead space on the maps.

I'm also not sold on the weapon spawns varying from game to game. It's kind of cool for letting us get more experience with a wider variety of guns, and I wouldn't mind it in Social games but I hope Ranked maintains a consistent set of weapons per map. I'd be okay with them changing to better suit different gametypes on a given map as long as you'd know that each map + gametype combo would have the same layout every time.