CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Problem with 343's recoil history is its just straight up and down. What makes recoil control in CS:GO impressive is the combination of horizontal and vertical control.

Just now, Astronautic II said:

I think they fixed the aiming?

Idk, last game I played it was a stuttering mess. 

Be careful because I can't count how many times I read that they fixed the H5 aiming only to be disappointed every single time. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Does anyone play CE, H2, or H3 and think recoil would have been a good addition? 

It all comes down to them not making guns proper projectile/require lead.

H3 MCC PC has recoil. It isn't as much with the BR, and even the brute shot has it. But in all cases the reticle returns to the target point prior to the next trigger pull...

EXCEPT - and this surprised me -  The sniper would shoot (scoped or not) and recoil up, then not come back down. The distance was about the radius of the damage texture of the round's impact on the wall.

The AR had recoil in the view, but not anything noticeable on the target.

MCC PC H2A has it, but the sniper is like the other precision weapons in that it returns back to the point of target before the next trigger can be pulled. AR just shakes, no recoil impact on aiming.

MCC PC H2 has recoil, but very much like H2A.

What surprised me is the H2 SMG had a lot of recoil like the H4 SAW. It stayed nearly stable for about 12 rounds then began climbing fast.

3 minutes ago, Astronautic II said:

Yeah they did. Night and day difference. I'm on MnK by the way. 

:thinking:

Anyone else confirm? Not able to play yet. 

14 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Idk, last game I played it was a stuttering mess. 

Be careful because I can't count how many times I read that they fixed the H5 aiming only to be disappointed every single time. 

Have you tried rebooting the game?

"assume anything aiming, good or bad, is placebo" 

From a 343 employee. ^^

About this latest update specifically. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

CSGO? Albeit half of that is spread but that's also mostly a pattern.

I consider spread a completely different conversation separate from recoil.

13 minutes ago, xSociety said:

:thinking:

Anyone else confirm? Not able to play yet. 

They released a 5.8GB update earlier which fixed the input lag on MKB but introduced a ton of microstuttering. About an hour ago they released a patch that fixed the stuttering. The game now feels super satisfying to play on MKB after todays 2 patches. Got to give props where they are due, 343 did a good job fixing the issues that were making it unplayable for mouse so fast and effectively.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

Aiming still feels terrible to me, just tried it. 

Was on controller, will try mouse next.

Edit: Mouse does feel a little better but overall bad perf makes it not as good as it should be.

47 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Problem with 343's recoil history is its just straight up and down. What makes recoil control in CS:GO impressive is the combination of horizontal and vertical control.

Mofo you literally can’t control Horizontal recoil 

• Fire (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, xSociety said:

"assume anything aiming, good or bad, is placebo" 

From a 343 employee. ^^

About this latest update specifically. 

Ok that’s good news. Good even they know it’s garbage 

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Mofo you literally can’t control Horizontal recoil 

yes, you can. Its called skill. Geez

That's like saying you cant maintain aim on someone that is moving.

1 minute ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

yes, you can. Its called skill. Geez

Bruh try controlling vertical and horizontal and keeping your aim. Like you’d neeed to move down and left or right while aiming. Idk abou you but I can’t do it and if I’ve done it, it’s a unconscious muscle memory thing 

• Thonking (+0) 1

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Bruh try controlling vertical and horizontal and keeping your aim. Like you’d neeed to move down and left or right while aiming. Idk abou you but I can’t do it 

Can you maintain aim on someone moving in random directions? 

Just now, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Can you maintain aim on someone moving in random directions? 

Yes. That’s not the same 

• Downvote (-1) 1

10 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Aiming still feels terrible to me, just tried it. 

Was on controller, will try mouse next.

Edit: Mouse does feel a little better but overall bad perf makes it not as good as it should be.

Yeah I heard the same about controller, but haven't verified that for myself. I'm getting around 130-140fps on average so It's in the "serviceable fps" range for me, but I'm aware that it's super unoptimized and people with much better rigs than mine are getting much worse fps. I can only really speak for myself but currently the game is feeling pretty nice atm.

Also you may already know this but it's important to have your "min fps" cap set as high as it will go if you want the best performance, I've heard 343 support recommends you set it to the lowest but that only resulted in noticeably less fps for me, I've asked around and many others have had the same experience and I've been able to help a few people with their performance by recommending setting it to as high as it will allow. 

All in all I expect the game will run much better all round for everyone upon release, and as for me I'm having a ton of fun after the last few updates, which I know is forbidden here.

I kind of have fun with the build they gave us but honestly the bots just aren't challenging enough to really enjoy it. Like me and my cousin were just running around finding HLG spots and killing whatever bots happened to show up and they were still dropping like 10 kills a game total. Its just sort of boring when the other team can't do anything.

The fun part of bots comes when you can customize the game and do what you want instead of just banging them 4v4 repeatedly for no apparent reason. Its honestly a little confusing how they keep making posts like those bots can do anything lol. They need more variation to their gameplay and less one nade overkills because they all run to the same place at the start of every single game. I don't expect them to be gods but  stopping the 4 man rushing top mid to start a game and instead going for weapons and power ups or maybe splitting up a little depending on how close they each spawned to those items doesn't seem like the biggest ask in the world

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mow said:

Got to give props where they are due, 343 did a good job fixing the issues that were making it unplayable for mouse so fast and effectively.

Mate it's an FPS that's been in development for like 6 years. I would hope they have the mouse feeling great in the first 6 months of development or there are serious issues. You don't get "props" for delivering the fundamentals.

After playing the map Bazaar any hope I had for this game is very rapidly disappearing. If you did a fly through of this map and told me it was from CoD I would not have a single reason to disbelieve you.

The map is filled with so much clutter, so many hidden angles and corners to hide in. Imagine the absolute worst maps since Reach and then multiply that by 10.

It's funny too, because Recharge actually does show promise and doesn't have crap all of the place and looks fairly clean. It's hard to believe Recharge and Bazaar exist in the same game.

None of the maps we've seen so far are symmetrical or even have any resemblance to an arena map. Of course maps don't need to be symmetrical to be good but I haven't said to myself "oh this map is the next Lockout" or "I can imagine playing a Tour De Walsh on this".

EDIT - After playing the map a few times and getting a better look around - Bazaar is symmetrical and decent layout. It's main issue is just clutter but the overall concept is actually decent.

The other thing I've noticed is that 343 seems to have an absolute disdain for the precision weapons. The weapon pads are somewhat randomised and sometimes a map won't even have a single BR on it (or at least, if it was there I didn't see it). I've played entire matches without seeing a single BR.

It really does seem 343 is going all in on automatic weapons for this game.

It's obviously a test flight and I'm happy to be proven wrong, but the game isn't that far from release and what I've seen so far is not good. I was honestly hyped after seeing the E3 trailer but it seems 343 has taken 1 step forward but then 10 steps backwards. All the awesome stuff like being able to grenade a weapon to yourself doesn't mean jack shit if their idea of competitive settings is people spamming AR's at each other on a map that looks like it was stolen from Infinity Ward.

Also, I was under the impression that the bots were supposed to get harder each day of the flight. I'm playing on 30 FPS with a control with random team mates and rarely has the bots even scored 10 kills. In many situations I've seen the bots standing still staring at weapons on the ground as if they were trying to figure out what button to press to switch weapon.

Unreal had far better bots that would absolutely ruin you on hard settings 20 years ago. I sure hope 343 has bots that will actually challenge a decent player in the final release.

EDIT - As of 8:45PM Pacific Time it seems the bots have indeed been bumped up in difficulty. Had a game where the bots managed 25 kills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

I kind of have fun with the build they gave us but honestly the bots just aren't challenging enough to really enjoy it. Like me and my cousin were just running around finding HLG spots and killing whatever bots happened to show up and they were still dropping like 10 kills a game total. Its just sort of boring when the other team can't do anything 

That's why I never played firefight in Reach. It was boring real fast against AIs.

21 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

Mate it's an FPS that's been in development for like 6 years. I would hope they have the mouse feeling great in the first 6 months of development or there are serious issues. You don't get "props" for delivering the fundamentals.

After playing the map Bazaar any hope I had for this game is very rapidly disappearing. If you did a fly through of this map and told me it was from CoD I would not have a single reason to disbelieve you.

The map is filled with so much clutter, so many hidden angles and corners to hide in. Imagine the absolute worst maps since Reach and then multiply that by 10.

It's funny too, because Recharge actually does show promise and doesn't have crap all of the place and looks fairly clean. It's hard to believe Recharge and Bazaar exist in the same game.

None of the maps we've seen so far are symmetrical or even have any resemblance to an arena map. Of course maps don't need to be symmetrical to be good but I haven't said to myself "oh this map is the next Lockout" or "I can imagine playing a Tour De Walsh on this".

The other thing I've noticed is that 343 seems to have an absolute disdain for the precision weapons. The weapon pads are somewhat randomised and sometimes a map won't even have a single BR on it (or at least, if it was there I didn't see it). I've played entire matches without seeing a single BR.

It really does seem 343 is going all in on automatic weapons for this game.

It's obviously a test flight and I'm happy to be proven wrong, but the game isn't that far from release and what I've seen so far is not good. I was honestly hyped after seeing the E3 trailer but it seems 343 has taken 1 step forward but then 10 steps backwards. All the awesome stuff like being able to grenade a weapon to yourself doesn't mean jack shit if their idea of competitive settings is people spamming AR's at each other on a map that looks like it was stolen from Infinity Ward.

Also, I was under the impression that the bots were supposed to get harder each day of the flight. I'm playing on 30 FPS with a control with random team mates and rarely has the bots even scored 10 kills. In many situations I've seen the bots standing still staring at weapons on the ground as if they were trying to figure out what button to press to switch weapon.

Unreal had far better bots that would absolutely ruin you on hard settings 20 years ago. I sure hope 343 has bots that will actually challenge a decent player in the final release.

Trust this forum to take issue with the smallest of possible compliments towards 343 for a timely fix and then continue to write an entire essay on how much they dislike the game/number company.

In all honestly what you wrote sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than you are anyone else here. There's literally no one left on this forum to be convinced who isn't already convinced, hence the reason they are here, so why bother with these posts that only purpose is to serve as a reaffirmation of your opinions from users that are already likely to agree with you.

• Like (+1) 1

@Mow is mouse actually good now? Like does it feel more responsive or what?  I used it this morning before the update and although not shit not what I want in mouse play. 

2 minutes ago, Mow said:

Trust this forum to take issue with the smallest of possible compliments towards 343 for a timely fix and then continue to write an entire essay on how much they dislike the game/number company.

But it's not a timely fix? Mouse aiming is one of, if not THE most important factor of your FPS. If they didn't realise shit was fucked YEARS AGO that's a pretty worrying sign.

Shitty mouse aiming shouldn't leave alpha let alone make it into a technical flight a few months before release.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1