CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Let's put to bed this "pool of potential players" thing - the best-selling video game console of all time was the Playstation 2 and here's the list of "nothing to play" games during Halo 3's reign: Brawl, Madden, Army of Two, Grand Theft Auto, Force Unleashed, Fable II, Rock Band, Mario Kart, Gears of War 2, God of War, Devil May Cry 4, Uncharted 2, SFIV, Forza 3, Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed II, Bayonetta, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, Mario Bros. Wii, Resident Evil 5, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Red Dead Redemption, and a little known title called Minecraft.

Aside from that, mingling in the top-10 should not be out of reach of a) a game with the massive, worldwide brand recognition as Halo, and b) a game with as much 2nd-party support as Halo.

I agree that something as big as Halo should be ranking higher, but still, you can't quite compare the situation from then with now. Gaming as a whole has changed quite a lot. 

Things like Lol, Dota, Fortnite, Pubg, CsGo are so strong, they create trends, and are supported by the big streaming names. It kind of goes both ways right, streamers support popular games, popular games give streamers attention. It kind of is a closed bubble that is very hard to get into, unless you are creating clone of something popular.

Halo won't blow out by any way even if it was perfect Halo. It's not trendy. The only way to go back there is to slowly build the interest from literally zero.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hemlax said:

Halo won't blow out by any way even if it was perfect Halo.

I guess we’ll never know.  

Just now, Boyo said:

I guess we’ll never know.  

Well many people, like big streamers, won't even try it. That solves the dilema.

2 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Well many people, like big streamers, won't even try it. That solves the dilema.

What exactly are you claiming?  Big streamers won’t play Halo no matter what the gameplay is like?  I don’t blame them at this point.  

Why can't 343 just make a proper Halo game? It's not that hard! 

Even the little things, like all the alien weaponry in this game doesn't feel or sound alien. The needler needles are so small you can't even see them traveling through the air. The sound on the needler also doesn't sound good at all, more like a human SMG. The plasma grenades are barely noticeable and don't glow blue like they should. The plasma pistol charge up shot is way too small. 

Nothing in this game even looks like Halo, it's so weird. Grenade explosions look and sound are also terrible. 

The screen shake (yes it's turned down all the way) when throwing a nade is obnoxious. The recoil and bloom make me feel like I'm playing a totally different series than Halo. 

PS. Stop saying recoil is fine because it's controllable, you're missing the point. 

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

Truly this is combat evolved

i'll be the buzzkill but that's a glitch. The bots glitch out around stairs. Especially that particular area. I watched one bot try and get up that stairway for like 45 seconds.

everyone in the comments thinking they programmed the AI to do it lol (they should)

even happens here

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, znot said:

everyone in the comments thinking they programmed the AI to do it lol (they should)

For real

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What exactly are you claiming?  Big streamers won’t play Halo no matter what the gameplay is like?  I don’t blame them at this point.  

I believe people don't wait for perfect Halo, they don't wait for Halo at all. Not interested, sorry. Not my type. By.

That's what I think. Trying to keep Halo close to what it was and make it look like other, more popular games in the same time, that's the proces 343 is going through since the beginning, will never work, as far as trying to get that top twitch ranking.

What could work though, is to settle for a, let's say, lower but stable consistent rank. Like Smite has in the moba world.

That's as far as we can get right now. It would be perfectly fine though.

So not a potential to be a top contender anymore. That's a completely different league.

Edit.: There is a reason why Quake champions failed and why Epic gave up on Unreal tournament.

To be fair about the sniper thing, halo ce had a sniper with substantial hipfire spread and no spread while scoped. 

Also btw can someone for fucks sake upload gameplay with all the extraneous hit detection and kill confirmation sounds turned off? Holy crap are they annoying.

With the advent of the far edgier call of duty, halo started being perceived as dork material. I think it'd be neat if we got some shits and even fucks if we want to be adventerous, (c'mon, we already have ass, shit SHOULD be the next on the priority list. Oh and don't quote this out of context) and not ultra serious cliche dialogue like "we are unstoppable" and basically anything else that came out of that drill instructors mouth. Just to help change the perception. Oh and don't you come at me with "think about the children" bs. I know you grew up with grand theft auto, didn't you? So video game companies, why don't you piss off and save the shallow subdued corporate-isms for us adults, mmmhmm?

Anton Chigurh GIFs | Tenor

Also, I'm being 100% unironic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty said he thinks aim assist on controller needs a buff because "the fact that pro's can't consistently 4 shot is a bad thing". BRO WHAT. Baaad take in my eyes.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

Frosty said he thinks aim assist on controller needs a buff because "the fact that pro's can't consistently 4 shot is a bad thing". BRO WHAT. Baaad take in my eyes.

Is it a bad take in terms of competitive integrity? yes. Is it a good take in the sense that the current aim assist/feel makes the game less enjoyable to play for the vast majority of people? Also yes. 

• WutFace (+0) 2

2 minutes ago, NAK said:

Is it a bad take in terms of competitive integrity? yes. Is it a good take in the sense that the current aim assist/feel makes the game less enjoyable to play for the vast majority of people? Also yes. 

Why am I not an expert on my first day?  This is unfair!  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thonking (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

They can.

I don’t think ZBNS really counts.  

3 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

I only said they can.

I never said they wanted to.

Is "perfect Halo" a great classic style Halo or a successful Halo for 2021 though? Because I don't think it's the same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

I only said they can.

It would take more than an H3 clone for me to consider them capable of designing a ‘proper Halo’.  They would need to understand the core values and demonstrate that understanding through their maps and mechanics.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Why am I not an expert on my first day?  This is unfair!  

Most people don't want to be an expert, they want to have fun. Why would the average player waste their time with a FPS that feels frustrating to aim precisely in? There are plenty of other options and if the best of the best are even taking notice it is certainly something to look into. I am not saying it is bad from a competitive aspect at all though. 

How long would a game that took 24 hours to master be fun for?  

• Fire (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

20 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Is "perfect Halo" a great classic style Halo or a successful Halo for 2021 though? Because I don't think it's the same thing.

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Why can't 343 just make a proper Halo game?

I was addressing "proper" Halo. And yes H3 would be a proper Halo. So would H2 or HCE. Imagine the new engine, new models and animation, H3 art, and HCE gun play.

Would it be successful for 2021? We will never know.

Will Infinite be successful for 2021? We will soon find out.

9 minutes ago, Boyo said:

24 hours.

30 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

That's the dumbest take I've seen this week and we're in the midst of a Halo beta, which is typically where the dumbest takes come from.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The aiming in the game? Basketball isn't fun because you "master how to dribble" it is the basic requirement for play. Why would you make that basic task of the game harder than it needs to be? 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

Pros and bad takes, name a better duo

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 2