Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

Anyone here know how the game is performing on regular Xbox One consoles?

Share this post


Link to post

Checked Twitch again.

The long awaited Halo Infinite beta (or the first iteration of it at least) is currently in 62nd place, on a prime Saturday afternoon, getting beat by things like Spore, Teamfight Tactics, Muppet RaceMania, fucking video poker, etc. while rubbing elbows with such juggernauts as...Return To Shironagasu Island.

I'm not really interested in a dick-measuring contest concerning numbers - in fact, I've NEVER been of the opinion that Halo needs to absolutely floor the competition like it did in its prime - but this is really, really sad. Apex Legends is in 7th place with 85,000 viewers. That, in my humble opinion, is the kind of space Halo is supposed to occupy in 2021.

  • Like (+1) 9
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Checked Twitch again.

The long awaited Halo Infinite beta (or the first iteration of it at least) is currently in 62nd place, on a prime Saturday afternoon, getting beat by things like Spore, Teamfight Tactics, Muppet RaceMania, fucking video poker, etc. while rubbing elbows with such juggernauts as...Return To Shironagasu Island.

I'm not really interested in a dick-measuring contest concerning numbers - in fact, I've NEVER been of the opinion that Halo needs to absolutely floor the competition like it did in its prime - but this is really, really sad. Apex Legends is in 7th place with 85,000 viewers. That, in my humble opinion, is the kind of space Halo is supposed to occupy in 2021.

I’ll stand by my opinion that if it was pvp this be different. Like I don’t want to watch pros beat on literal bots

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

I’ll stand by my opinion that if it was pvp this be different. Like I don’t want to watch pros beat on literal bots

I absolutely agree, but Muppet. Race. Mania.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I absolutely agree, but Muppet. Race. Mania.

So embarrassing... 343 was handed a legend, and they can't even...

 

Wondering how bad the interest will be at launch.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Checked Twitch again.

The long awaited Halo Infinite beta (or the first iteration of it at least) is currently in 62nd place, on a prime Saturday afternoon, getting beat by things like Spore, Teamfight Tactics, Muppet RaceMania, fucking video poker, etc. while rubbing elbows with such juggernauts as...Return To Shironagasu Island.

I'm not really interested in a dick-measuring contest concerning numbers - in fact, I've NEVER been of the opinion that Halo needs to absolutely floor the competition like it did in its prime - but this is really, really sad. Apex Legends is in 7th place with 85,000 viewers. That, in my humble opinion, is the kind of space Halo is supposed to occupy in 2021.

Infinite is literally getting beat out by some thot sucking on a microphone. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Anyone here know how the game is performing on regular Xbox One consoles?

Bad, not a constant 30fps. Probably 20-30fps

 

looks bad also

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Lol do you guys think its 2007? We're not as popular as we were and the height of Halo isn't much compared to the giants in 2021. I still play obviously but if you thought a buggy flight for a nonpopular game against bots would bring in the views idk what to tell you 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

So embarrassing... 343 was handed a legend, and they can't even...

 

Wondering how bad the interest will be at launch.

Let's not kid ourselves, Halo will never do as cartoonishly bad off launch as would be amusing to us (note that I didn't say "as we WANT it to"). The fact that it is F2P will be a decent boon. But since we won't have population metrics or sales figures since those have been too embarrassing in the past, we will gather what we can from checking Xbox's most played, Steam Charts, and Twitch rankings to show that Halo is light years away from where it should be.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Let's not kid ourselves, Halo will never do as cartoonishly bad off launch as would be amusing to us (note that I didn't say "as we WANT it to"). The fact that it is F2P will be a decent boon. But since we won't have population metrics or sales figures since those have been too embarrassing in the past, we will gather what we can from checking Xbox's most played, Steam Charts, and Twitch rankings to show that Halo is light years away from where it should be.

Idk I think we should stop saying things like "where it should be" etc. I think we pretty much only have reality to go off of and reality says that people don't care about Halo on that scale right now and compared to the most popular games of today never did at any point. We could try and say that if Halo had maintained its level of popularity with the entire gaming scene despite the massive changes over the years it should have way more players but I do think gaming attracts a bunch of different kinds of people and the more mainstream its become the audience has changed

tldr - I don't think its a given that even a good Halo game would maintain the hold it used to have even if I do think the game would be better and more popular than it is right now. We talk like we have some sort of target goal despite having no idea how many people old Halo would really entertain now

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Lol do you guys think its 2007? We're not as popular as we were and the height of Halo isn't much compared to the giants in 2021. I still play obviously but if you thought a buggy flight for a nonpopular game against bots would bring in the views idk what to tell you 

 

22 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm not really interested in a dick-measuring contest concerning numbers - in fact, I've NEVER been of the opinion that Halo needs to absolutely floor the competition like it did in its prime - but this is really, really sad. Apex Legends is in 7th place with 85,000 viewers. That, in my humble opinion, is the kind of space Halo is supposed to occupy in 2021.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Lol do you guys think its 2007? We're not as popular as we were and the height of Halo isn't much compared to the giants in 2021. I still play obviously but if you thought a buggy flight for a nonpopular game against bots would bring in the views idk what to tell you 

Ask yourself, why is it unpopular?

As I write this, I wonder why Splitgate is not popular so as to catch the attention of AAA studios?

Is it that the Halo experience isn't much interest any longer? Or is it because 1047 Games doesn't have millions to pump into marketing?

I am honestly wondering.

 

 

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

Let's not kid ourselves, Halo will never do as cartoonishly bad off launch as would be amusing to us (note that I didn't say "as we WANT it to"). The fact that it is F2P will be a decent boon. But since we won't have population metrics or sales figures since those have been too embarrassing in the past, we will gather what we can from checking Xbox's most played, Steam Charts, and Twitch rankings to show that Halo is light years away from where it should be.

Yes, but this isn't a good start. This beta will set expectations more than not.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Spread is what your mom does for me every night.

Bloom is that fucked up thing that happens to peoples' faces in Fatal Frame 4.

I was actually un-ironically asking but I like this explanation better. Google answered my question anyways.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Snipe Three said:

Idk I think we should stop saying things like "where it should be" etc. I think we pretty much only have reality to go off of and reality says that people don't care about Halo on that scale right now and compared to the most popular games of today never did at any point. We could try and say that if Halo had maintained its level of popularity with the entire gaming scene despite the massive changes over the years it should have way more players but I do think gaming attracts a bunch of different kinds of people and the more mainstream its become the audience has changed

tldr - I don't think its a given that even a good Halo game would maintain the hold it used to have even if I do think the game would be better and more popular than it is right now

Alright, but Halo games have sucked for a literal decade and the critical focus on numbers is in reference to that. If you think that Halo would be exactly where it is today regardless of the quality of the games and all the nutty mismanagement of the franchise by both Bungie and 343, I don't really know what to tell you except I disagree.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

I was actually un-ironically asking but I like this explanation better. Google answered my question anyways.

Reach DMR got me like

tumblr_nvr9rlxMuX1sfi48eo3_250.gifv

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Alright, but Halo games have sucked for a literal decade and the critical focus on numbers is in reference to that. If you think that Halo would be exactly where it is today regardless of the quality of the games and all the nutty mismanagement of the franchise by both Bungie and 343, I don't really know what to tell you except I disagree.

I don't think it would be the same. I think its easy to say that better would simply do better in every regard but its a lot harder to say Halo would do things it never actually did before since the pool of potential players is so much bigger/different now

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Alright, but Halo games have sucked for a literal decade and the critical focus on numbers is in reference to that. If you think that Halo would be exactly where it is today regardless of the quality of the games and all the nutty mismanagement of the franchise by both Bungie and 343, I don't really know what to tell you except I disagree.

We see tremendous popularity in MP only games like Apex Legend. Why don't we see the same with Splitgate? Is it marketing budgets? I am hoping that it is.

But if it is a marketing budget issue, then would adding a strong campaign draw people into the title? Can Splitgate or any other Halo like FPS add a really good campaign with a story that is so memorable with a hero that people love to play that they get hooked and word of mouth becomes the primary driver of popularity?

On another note, no matter how bad the launch of Infinite goes, it is my understanding that Infinite will not be succeeded by another title, but will for years to come be continually updated with DLC/seasons/etc. If that is their plan, then it wouldn't matter what the initial launch interest is. Such a model is seen not as "a launch" of a product, but as "an evolving" service.

Share this post


Link to post

That happens when you kill all the hype with a weird invite only beta vs bots. 

What was the point of this Test?. Some people playing 2 map vs bots? For 3 days ?

Embarrasing. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, iCUBANEX said:

That happens when you kill all the hype with a weird invite only beta vs bots. 

What was the point of this Test?. Some people playing 2 map vs bots? For 3 days ?

Embarrasing. 

343 are masters of finding new and innovative ways to disappoint the fan base 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Snipe Three said:

I don't think it would be the same. I think its easy to say that better would simply do better in every regard but its a lot harder to say Halo would do things it never actually did before since the pool of potential players is so much bigger/different now

Let's put to bed this "pool of potential players" thing - the best-selling video game console of all time was the Playstation 2 and here's the list of "nothing to play" games during Halo 3's reign: Brawl, Madden, Army of Two, Grand Theft Auto, Force Unleashed, Fable II, Rock Band, Mario Kart, Gears of War 2, God of War, Devil May Cry 4, Uncharted 2, SFIV, Forza 3, Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed II, Bayonetta, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, Mario Bros. Wii, Resident Evil 5, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Red Dead Redemption, and a little known title called Minecraft.

Aside from that, mingling in the top-10 should not be out of reach of a) a game with the massive, worldwide brand recognition as Halo, and b) a game with as much 2nd-party support as Halo.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

343 are masters of finding new and innovative ways to disappoint the fan base 

This.

I still give them the benefit of a doubt though. They may have planned out many flights testing different aspects of the game, then maybe running an open, full scale test. I mean I hope this is true.

The game has potential to be accepted by both casual and competitive groups. There is just still too many questions marks. Let's see how they do.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NavG123 said:

In addition to bloom, there is substantial spread on an unscoped sniper rifle. This one is a big question mark.

 

Lmao.  They’ve brought quick scoping to Halo.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's funny that people on halocirclejerk are barracking for infinite like berserks . You would think that they would not like it as much because of the toned down movement and the fact that it isn't expanding on the halo 5 formula, but no. Fanboys gotta fanboy.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Lmao.  They’ve brought quick scoping to Halo.  

Wtf I completely missed this

The ONLY advantage KB/M has over controller and they're gimping it

343 what the fuck

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.