Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Spread is what your mom does for me every night.

Bloom is that fucked up thing that happens to peoples' faces in Fatal Frame 4.

"I don't have an explanation"

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

i think a good option is to make halo infinite on pc viable for mouse and keyboard only. most pc games when you plug in a controller you dont get aim assist and thats what should happen on pc, because pc players expect to use mouse and keyboard. ive been playing MCC a lot on pc and was shocked when i tried playing halo 2 with controller on how powerful the aim assist really is. its like your not even aiming at your target your merely suggestion where to move the reticule. halo 2 br is easy to 4 shot with, but on mouse and keyboard this weapon actually becomes much more skilled, and i think it changes how halo 2 plays when you have to be really good to get the quickest kill time. even halo ce pistol battles feel a lot more fun and skilled with the mouse

so just remove aim assist from controllers on pc, and maybe considering making ranked non cross play but keep social open for cross play so friends can play together and have fun. this will make console players happy too because they think mouse and keyboard is op and get mad, even though they probably dont know how powerful aim assist really is on halo.

 

  • WutFace (+0) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SoldatDuChrist said:

If anyone here actually thinks sprint is still a problem after watching this, you are full of pride and bitterness 

 

Something that exists when it clearly doesn't need to is a problem. This video helps prove it.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, boogerman said:

i think a good option is to make halo infinite on pc viable for mouse and keyboard only. most pc games when you plug in a controller you dont get aim assist and thats what should happen on pc, because pc players expect to use mouse and keyboard. ive been playing MCC a lot on pc and was shocked when i tried playing halo 2 with controller on how powerful the aim assist really is. its like your not even aiming at your target your merely suggestion where to move the reticule. halo 2 br is easy to 4 shot with, but on mouse and keyboard this weapon actually becomes much more skilled, and i think it changes how halo 2 plays when you have to be really good to get the quickest kill time. even halo ce pistol battles feel a lot more fun and skilled with the mouse

so just remove aim assist from controllers on pc, and maybe considering making ranked non cross play but keep social open for cross play so friends can play together and have fun. this will make console players happy too because they think mouse and keyboard is op and get mad, even though they probably dont know how powerful aim assist really is on halo.

They're just making matchmaking so that you only match with your chosen peripheral, then you can actually use cross platform play with your xbox buds if you've got a controller. I hope they'll keep it mixed for casual just for the sake of population.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, careh said:

They're just making matchmaking so that you only match with your chosen peripheral, then you can actually use cross platform play with your xbox buds if you've got a controller. I hope they'll keep it mixed for casual just for the sake of population.

it worries me that a dominoes effect will start and people will only matchmake with controllers to be with everyone else, but maybe this will work out 

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Something that exists when it clearly doesn't need to is a problem. This video helps prove it.

You're grasping at straws at this point if you insist on fussing about sprint, get the fuck over it

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

Why can I not charge the damn plasma pistol? Bug or controller settings I messed with?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

"I don't have an explanation"

Bloom is circumstantial spread.  In Halo, those circumstances are how often your weapon has been fired in the recent past.  More recent shots means more spread.  In other games, player movement increases bloom.  

 

1 hour ago, SoldatDuChrist said:

You're grasping at straws at this point if you insist on fussing about sprint, get the fuck over it

If a placebo mechanic wasn’t wasting a button mapping, what other unique feature could Halo support?  

 

49 minutes ago, TBCT said:

Why can I not charge the damn plasma pistol? Bug or controller settings I messed with?

Maybe it charges with LT now?  If they’re allowing the heatwave to toggle to alt-fire with LT, maybe the PP does too.  

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Bloom is circumstantial spread.  In Halo, those circumstances are how often your weapon has been fired in the recent past.  More recent shots means more spread.  In other games, player movement increases bloom.  

 

If a placebo mechanic wasn’t wasting a button mapping, what other unique feature could Halo support?  

 

Maybe it charges with LT now?  If they’re allowing the heatwave to toggle to alt-fire with LT, maybe the PP does too.  

do you really trust 343 to add any new mechanics?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SoldatDuChrist said:

do you really trust 343 to add any new mechanics?

I would rather they at least try instead of aspiring to mediocrity.  

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Bloom is circumstantial spread.  In Halo, those circumstances are how often your weapon has been fired in the recent past.  More recent shots means more spread.  In other games, player movement increases bloom.  

So bloom is when the reticle grows, giving a visual indicator of how much innacurate your gun has become and spread is the same thing but we're pretending it's different?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Shekkles said:

So bloom is when the reticle grows, giving a visual indicator of how much innacurate your gun has become and spread is the same thing but we're pretending it's different?

Spread is static.  Bloom is dynamic.  

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Obnokshus said:

spammy fast firing guns with recoil AND bloom

 

what series is this again?

Weekend at Master Chief’s 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Spread is static.  Bloom is dynamic.  

Right. Is that common vernacular though?

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I would rather they at least try instead of aspiring to mediocrity.  

they already tried that for 2 whole game cycles and they failed, the most that can be expected out of them is that they scale back their features and focus on what worked in the original trilogy, and thats what they are doing, and it seems to be working so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, SoldatDuChrist said:

they already tried that for 2 whole game cycles and they failed, the most that can be expected out of them is that they scale back their features and focus on what worked in the original trilogy, and thats what they are doing, and it seems to be working so far.

Halo 4 was them trying?  Ripping off customizable loadouts, perks, and killstreaks was them trying?  Or following the advanced movement fad in 5 was them trying?  343 has literally never tried to create anything original.  

A sprint and aim down sights gameplay model is what worked in the original trilogy?  

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Seems like it.

 ZW_SMsCQBcuGUq84xsgtyVMGwhynKQ9aLPzCqNll

Suits me.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Seems like it.

 ZW_SMsCQBcuGUq84xsgtyVMGwhynKQ9aLPzCqNll

 

halo 1s spread is actually tighter if you pace your shots very slowly. but it doesnt expand outside the reticule and its ******** when people try to compare it to reach type of bloom. i got triggered hard back in reach days when people would post the halo ce has bloom video all over bungie.net and act like the only difference is visualized 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, SoldatDuChrist said:

You're grasping at straws at this point if you insist on fussing about sprint, get the fuck over it

not very christ-like of you.

  • Hooked 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Halo 4 was them trying?  Ripping off customizable loadouts, perks, and killstreaks was them trying?  Or following the advanced movement fad in 5 was them trying?  343 has literally never tried to create anything original.  

A sprint and aim down sights gameplay model is what worked in the original trilogy?  

yes that was their idea of innovation, and they scaled back those features dramatically, they are vestigial organs that in the grander scheme of things literally dont matter, continuing to cling onto these irrelevant details makes you look like a tribalistic clown

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, SoldatDuChrist said:

yes that was their idea of innovation, and they scaled back those features dramatically, they are vestigial organs that in the grander scheme of things literally dont matter, continuing to cling onto these irrelevant details makes you look like a tribalistic clown

r/Iamverysmart

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, TBCT said:

Why can I not charge the damn plasma pistol? Bug or controller settings I messed with?

Are you using the hair triggers with the Elite Control? Could be that. I had issues in certain Halo games where you couldn't charge the PP unless you turned off the hair trigger mode.

Just FYI for everyone, I heard a bit about Splitgate and figured I'd check it out. Wow. Can we just get these guys to make the next Halo because I'm pretty sure they have more passion for Halo than 343 does. It's pretty obvious Halo was a MAJOR influence on the game. Half the guns share mechanics with the Halo CE weapons. Eg. The sniper has 4 shots and a long reload, the shotgun is pump action and you can interrupt the reload animation to shoot again after loading a single shell, the rocket launcher has 2 rockets before reloading, etc, etc.

Hell, the first match I played I even had a weapon that could kill with 3 shots. Even the game modes are the same from Slayer and Oddball all the way to Shotty Snipers and Fiesta. No random boxes and crap on the map cluttering up everything with annoying crap all over the walls to get caught on.

To make it even more funny compare the games on Twitch.

They're both in beta right now. Halo has a fucking crazy amount of hype and money behind it...

S6ZtAuM.jpg

Yet Splitgate has more viewers on Twitch than Halo Infinite

Splitgate #57 - 6.4K viewers

Halo Infinite - #76 - 4.1K viewers

Yes, it's bots, but still, Halo Infinite is getting smashed in views by a Halo wannabe from a studio no one has even heard of.

BTW I highly encourage checking it out. It's pretty fun and the portal feature is something I've never seen in an FPS before. I don't know if it'll ever have a large eSports following, but it sure is fun and satisfying.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.