CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

54 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Hey guys brb going to go to a place known for vapid, unreasonable and irrational posts from a fandom that prefer photos of cakes and toys and multikills on smurf accounts over gameplay discussion and I am going to sound all cool and smart when I link vapid, unreasonable and irrational posts and laugh at them on a forum that prefers talking about gameplay discussion as if it has a direct impact on development.

You're missing the point.

The ENTIRE FUCKING HALO COMMUNITY is like this, apart from this small forum that acts as a refuge from the mindless garbage that is /r/Halo and HaloWaypoint.

Not even the pro Halo players have the balls to call out bullshit in this game.

Go look at any other game.

LoL, CS:GO, etc. Even on their subreddits which are often moderated by the most beta of beta males that always bend over backwards to suck up to the developers still foster a healthy amount of criticism for their games. Any time something is clearly outbalanced their community speaks out about it.

Meanwhile if you even vaguely allude to a negative thought regarding Halo on /r/Halo you're immediately downvoted into oblivion or banned by mods for trolling.

Popular YouTubers for other games will utterly trash the games while Halo YouTubers... Oh wait... They barely exist, nevermind.

Holy shit, Asmongold looks like he's going to be responsible for flipping subscriber counts for FFXIV and WoW at this point FFS. He's a single WoW streamer. Preach just released a video destroying WoW and announcing he's no longer going to be producing WoW content. Where is this comparison for Halo?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

I'm only at 60hz

I think I'm going to throw up...

3 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

You're missing the point.

The ENTIRE FUCKING HALO COMMUNITY is like this, apart from this small forum that acts as a refuge from the mindless garbage that is /r/Halo and HaloWaypoint.

Go look at any other game.

LoL, CS:GO, etc. Even on their subreddits which are often moderated by the most beta of beta males that always bend over backwards to suck up to the developers still foster a healthy amount of criticism for their games. Any time something is clearly outbalanced their community speaks out about it.

Meanwhile if you even vaguely allude to a negative thought regarding Halo on /r/Halo you're immediately downvoted into oblivion or banned by mods for trolling.

Popular YouTubers for other games will utterly trash the games while Halo YouTubers... Oh wait... They barely exist, nevermind.

Holy shit, Asmongold looks like he's going to be responsible for flipping subscriber counts for FFXIV and WoW at this point FFS. He's a single WoW streamer. Preach just released a video destroying WoW and announcing he's no longer going to be producing WoW content. Where is this comparison for Halo?

Who'd have thought directionless series of games that change core gameplay and features every release would have a segmented playerbase.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Hey guys brb going to go to a place known for vapid, unreasonable and irrational posts from a fandom that prefer photos of cakes and toys and multikills on smurf accounts over gameplay discussion and I am going to sound all cool and smart when I link vapid, unreasonable and irrational posts and laugh at them on a forum that prefers talking about gameplay discussion as if it has a direct impact on development.

Every post on this forum for the past ~2 years has just been a slightly different version of screaming into the void. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

I don't particularly blame them because this is the game that many of them are contracted to play for the next few years. I'd be trying to salvage as many positives as possible if I had to stream 24/7.

It's not the game I'm frustrated with, it's the fact that the vast majority of the fanbase circulate such stupid shit about Halo that it kills you to interact with them, much less have to share your favorite franchises direction with them. 

I'm not frustrated at the Sidekick having bloom or H5 aim being a thing. I'm frustrated that no matter how "common sense" you may consider a complaint to be, there'll always be 500 Reach kids on every populated Halo community who'll do nothing but exhaust your breath and patience. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is a series where when the developer announces something like Elites or Assassinations not being in the game at launch you see people who unironically whine, complain, and are genuinely upset about it. None of this should be surprising in terms of how the current Halo community behaves. One of the only real hopes is that the game regains a large enough audience again that a competitive/serious community can reform around it. Expecting anything else from the other 95% of people who still care about Halo at this point is useless. 

I mean my beef with Sprint existing at all, even if its just a 2% increase in speed, is how it's taken up a face button on Bumper Jumper that would have been better used for swapping grenade types.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoldatDuChrist said:

If anyone here actually thinks sprint is still a problem after watching this, you are full of pride and bitterness

The placebo sprint is what I have been asking for and I am so happy they've done it. I really hope it stays how it is. You are only punished for sprinting. You appear on radar, your footsteps are louder and your screen shakes. The only benefit is 2% increase in speed. I love this as the people that want sprint... well you got it. The rest of us get to play properly.

• Like (+1) 9

Just now, AlphaBenson said:

I mean my beef with Sprint existing at all, even if its just a 2% increase in speed, is how it's taken up a face button on Bumper Jumper that would have been better used for swapping grenade types.

You have custom control settings. Just take it off the face button if you want

Just now, Snipe Three said:

You have custom control settings. Just take it off the face button if you want

I mean Im just saying, at this point, it might as well not exist. Even if its just to allow sliding to happen-- why not just have Sliding take up that exact button if the player has been moving forward at full speed long enough?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Pretty much everything is projectile but they move so fast it's effectively hitscan in most scenarios.  Which defeats the purpose.

Tell me if my math is bad here...

If a round travels at say 750m/s, then that is roughly 5mpf @144Hz. I believe your perception should be able to distinguish the round moving in flight for 0.1s, or across 15 frames or 75m, especially as it travels away from you.

Is the BR round traveling so much faster that that this general velocity that you don't need to lead your shots? Or is the problem simply that the magnetism eliminates the need to lead your shots?

Are the rounds projectile in physics only, or also visual assets on your screen?

I think I'm starting to realize that I won't be satisfied until sprint is completely gone. Sure, now we won't be at a huge disadvantage if we ignore it, but...... it's still there. Just existing in Halo. For no other reason than to activate a stupid slide maneuver. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TeeJaY said:

I think I'm starting to realize that I won't be satisfied until sprint is completely gone. Sure, now we won't be at a huge disadvantage if we ignore it, but...... it's still there. Just existing in Halo. For no other reason than to activate a stupid slide maneuver. 

But look how SICK that movement is. Totally worth it. :walshy:

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I guess a positive way to look at it: Think of it as pulling out a knife in CS to run mildly faster. I imagine it'll be used by pro players at the start of games to get to certain control points or just to get a small boost off the spawn and get back into the action, but asides from that it won't really impact the game all that much.

My main complaint about sprint existing is that because sprint exists it means we don't move as fast as sprint all the time.

I don't think of sprint as a 2% boost, I think of it a 2% nerf to what base movement speed could have been.

My bet is sprint to campaign will be much faster or something you're able to upgrade. You can't POSSIBLY have a modern campaign without RPG-lite features in it in [current year].

In the control menu there's an option for fast travel, so it's pretty clear Infinite will be open world so I imagine sprinting in campaign will be fairly important to go from objective to objective. That's probably the primary reason it's in MP, just so you don't get used to the button layout in campaign only to have it unbound in MP.

13 minutes ago, NAK said:

lol, WTF even is this? It looks like it's TRYING really hard to be strafe jumping in Quake but failing utterly. I'm all for advanced movement in games, but this just looks so janky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You can't argue with someone who doesn't know the difference between bloom and spread.

What is the difference?

43 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

And thats a fair request, id rather it not be there either, but ITS NOT A PROBLEM anymore, thats freaking huge. 

28 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

just watch dude, once pvp is introduced, people will just be walking and sliding, nobody wants to appear on the radar, sprint will barely be a thing, just try playing it

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, NAK said:

Am I the idiot or the only person in the world who's played a game like Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram, because that's what I consider "insane" movement.

This video is like finding out you can slide bump off of objects in Apex Legends and thinking it's the most badass thing ever.

8 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

What is the difference?

frysquint.jpg

4 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

frysquint.jpg

I want to hear your explanation of the difference now. Spill it.

Spread is what your mom does for me every night.

Bloom is that fucked up thing that happens to peoples' faces in Fatal Frame 4.

• Simms (+1) 6

Can't wait for everyone to slide cancel around the maps now. Never seen that before.

The sound design still bothers me. Why is there a noise for confirmed kills? Why is the shield break noise different but the shield recharge sound classic? There's so many little things that seem off to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Jesus Christ you don't even have to be REMOTELY accurate with this piece of shit

This unironically makes me fear for grifball

• Hooked 1